2020 NFL Season

Started by bigbuff33, August 07, 2020, 02:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 17, 2020, 10:07:04 PM
My comments had nothing to do with the perceived quality of the 1st games. It was more due to the " lack " of part of the game day experience, even on TV.

I wasn't responding to your comments.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Adjusting to some of the team and player movements is taking some time to get used to. Tom Brady moving after 20 years as a Patriot. Las Vegas Raiders.

Changes happen every season but this season has some doozies.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

GOLDMEMBER

Great Ohio game special last night. Very entertaining. The crap Bengal D and OL sprung the winner. Mayfield Hunt and Chubb were awesome.
Burrow is gonna be real good if he manages to stay alive this season.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

How about the Titans game where their kicker missed 3 FG and an extra point!  Hey, was that Harralajuh??  ;D ;D ;D  But they won it with a final FG... gets me thinking, did we still win that game (vs TOR?) when Harra missed 5?

Missing that many has got to be embarrassing.  Bet that kicker loses his job as fast as we fired Harra.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

#19
He's one of the best kickers in the NFL, he had off season hip surgery. Let's see how things go this week.

It's better to have played and failed then to have never played at all.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Gostkowski was much better today. A 49 and 51 yard FG. I think we should keep him another week.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

What a come back by Dallas. The on side kick was pretty wild.

The Vikings have no D, and there OL sucks.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Las Vegas stadium. 2 Billion $$$$$. Yikes. It was beautiful to see.

Saints and Raiders coaches will be fined for poor mask wearing etiquette. C'mon guys it's not that hard. Wear visors which will make it easier to comply.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 22, 2020, 05:03:27 PM
Las Vegas stadium. 2 Billion $$$$$. Yikes. It was beautiful to see.

Saints and Raiders coaches will be fined for poor mask wearing etiquette. C'mon guys it's not that hard. Wear visors which will make it easier to comply.

2 Billion? Chump change if you ask LA.

Blue In BC

I see the NFL is fining 5 teams for coaches not adhering to wearing masks consistently. Didn't get all the details but heard something about $1M in fines. I took that to be the total amount or about $200K per team.

Whether that was done equally or whether some teams took more of the fine wasn't clear. I didn't get the impression it was $1M per team but I suppose it could have been?

Harsh but also chump change in NFL. Will watch to see whether we see more coaches following the rules this weekend.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Stretch

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 23, 2020, 01:58:11 PM
Whether that was done equally or whether some teams took more of the fine wasn't clear. I didn't get the impression it was $1M per team but I suppose it could have been?

Each coach fined $100k, and their team is fined $250k.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/22/nfl-fines-jon-gruden-sean-payton-for-not-wearing-masks-monday-night/
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Stretch on September 23, 2020, 03:02:52 PM
Each coach fined $100k, and their team is fined $250k.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/09/22/nfl-fines-jon-gruden-sean-payton-for-not-wearing-masks-monday-night/


Thanks for that info. Saw lots of HC's and assistants not wearing masks consistently during many games.  Also saw many wearing bandanas instead of masks or shields. Even refs had no continuity of what to wear. Refs have to drop covering to announce penalties. Seems like a shield with mike under would be better.

I guess teams are put on more notice so we'll see if that improves this weekend.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Stretch

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 23, 2020, 04:42:43 PM
Also saw many wearing bandanas instead of masks or shields.

Those are the gaiter style of mask. They're one of the available options for them.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Stretch on September 24, 2020, 07:43:38 PM
Those are the gaiter style of mask. They're one of the available options for them.

I think it falls under the face covering category, which is still acceptable in most, if not all, instances. Gaiters are very comfortable.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Blue In BC

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 24, 2020, 08:27:17 PM
I think it falls under the face covering category, which is still acceptable in most, if not all, instances. Gaiters are very comfortable.

The issue is not one of comfort. What I've heard most often that those types of face coverings are less effective than an N95 for example by 40% or 50%.

Obviously there may be some brands which are better than some face mask brands. I do not know which any given team is wearing of either. If the NFL has set some criteria for what is acceptable and what isn't then that's fine.

EDIT: There seem to be more games in NFL and college that we're seeing some number of live fans in attendance. Many masks and effort to social distance.

It's a little like an on going test to see what works.  Generally we're hearing cases going up across the US. While I'm not suggesting this is due to game attendance only, I wonder if it at least part of the reason?

Crowds even outside are still proving facilitate create spread of virus: Sturgis rally and political rallies, protest rallies are not without risks.

2019 Grey Cup Champions