Main Menu

little help

Started by jayrock, June 13, 2018, 07:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayrock

No we are a strictly Autodesk company.

I heard BricsCAD by Bricsys is making a move to become top dog. Picked up a bunch of senior people the Autodesk let go.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

The Zipp

When I took Architectural drafting at Red river in 1988 they had a CAD lab that was mainframe based.  I could actually draw by hand faster than it could render.  Things really improved after that though.  I started on release 9 and was pretty good at it - although even then we only used a small portion of its capabilities.  Last version I touched was 2000...

Good luck Jayrock

jayrock

Quote from: The Zipp on June 28, 2018, 12:06:11 AM
When I took Architectural drafting at Red river in 1988 they had a CAD lab that was mainframe based.  I could actually draw by hand faster than it could render.  Things really improved after that though.  I started on release 9 and was pretty good at it - although even then we only used a small portion of its capabilities.  Last version I touched was 2000...

Good luck Jayrock

Thanks man.

Things have changed greatly since then. I have been doing this for 20 years now, started on the board and am now a Senior Drafter and CAD manager, and do things with 3D modeling. It is amazing how things have changed since then.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

theaardvark

Quote from: jayrock on June 28, 2018, 02:12:18 PM
Thanks man.

Things have changed greatly since then. I have been doing this for 20 years now, started on the board and am now a Senior Drafter and CAD manager, and do things with 3D modeling. It is amazing how things have changed since then.

The big selling point in my time was the ability ti draw one gear tooth, and have it repeat and draw the whole gear...  something mil spec drawing required, where private draftsmen could draw a few teeth and then a dotted line around..  AECadd was just being introduced, where you had a template of architectural components that you could just click and place, and it would draw them in and add to the materials list...  cutting edge.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.