TSN Fantasy Football

Started by ModAdmin, April 04, 2018, 02:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TBURGESS

If Regina wins Calgary will still play their #1's so they get 2nd instead of 3rd.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TBURGESS on November 02, 2019, 12:16:12 PM
If Regina wins Calgary will still play their #1's so they get 2nd instead of 3rd.

Right!  Forgot... But will they play as hard for #2 as they would for #1?  Looks like they did!  CGY was forced to take some wear & tear on their star players.  Only helps us next week.

Too bad BC didn't pull it off... if only MR was uninjured!!  :'( :'(
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

So three sub-par weeks in a row at the end of the season dropped me down from #13 overall to #23 out of 16,488 participants. And in the very tough and very large Bomber Fans sub-league I finished at #5 out of 593 participants. While my late season slide knocked me down to second or third in several major sub-leagues including Blue Bombers where I finished at #2 out of 44 participants, I still managed to keep my grip on top spot in a number of large sub-leagues including these:

2017 CFL Fantasy (39 participants)
Blink! (15)
Eskimo Empire Podcast (70)
Jacks and Indians (17)
Stegall's Soup Kitchen (19)
The Angry Birds (180)
The Den (285)
Ticat Fans (318 )
TSN 1040 Vancouver (197)

I know I should be very pleased, but still I was within 43.4 points of a top five finish! Had I avoided blundering with a couple of picks in any of the final three weeks including last week I could have got it done! But my crystal ball wasn't good enough and I didn't get it done.

So I'm still racked with "would of, should of, could of" thoughts. Just goes to prove that a fellow is never satisfied. Some say that's a good thing but....

:-\
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

So within a week or so CFL Fantasy will be back up for participants to make their roster picks:

Five Fantasy Strategies - CFL

I'm looking forward to another great Fantasy season, but with a missed season and no exhibition games this year, the first two or three weeks are going to be a real crap shoot. And with only fourteen weeks, there won't be much time to make up point deficits so it's going to be imperative to get out of the starting gate fast.

Who'll be playing again this year?

???
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

I'll be there!!  I'll try to keep up with you better in-season.  You clobbered me in 2019 regular season... but I quietly won the post-season  ;) :D ;)
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

Does Commissioner David Hofer post on this forum? If so, what's his posting handle?

???

Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Does anyone care to guess if Masoli will be 100% as effective as he was pre-injury?  What's the chance he has some lingering issues and/or never regains original form?

If he picks up right where he left off, he could be a force to be reckoned with.
Never go full Rider!

Foxhound

I think Jeremiah Masoli will be ready given that he's had over eighteen months to recuperate.

Which QB though will provide the best return on his high Fantasy asking price? That's the real question!

???
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Here are links to five TSN CFL Fantasy Leagues for old-time Blue Bomber fans:

Blink!

Jacks and Indians

Just Ploen Kenny!

Lincolns and Locomotives

Stegall's Soup Kitchen

We welcome and embrace new members. Join today!

8)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

I've created this Fantasy League to honour the great Bud Grant:

Old Stone Face

All are welcome to join, even Minnesota Viking fans!

;)
Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Here are links to a couple of general interest Leagues that aren't Blue Bomber fan focused. First a League for CFL fans of Baltic heritage:

Balticboys

And one for those with some connection to London, Ontario:

London Lords

New members are very welcome!

8)

Radically Canadian!

Foxhound

Interesting that there's been a determined promotional push for the Pick'Em game on the CFL site this year but relatively little for Fantasy. Back in 2017-18 TSN and CFL promoted Fantasy quite heavily but this year it's Pick'Em that's gotten the push.

:-\
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on August 12, 2021, 12:43:42 AM
Interesting that there's been a determined promotional push for the Pick'Em game on the CFL site this year but relatively little for Fantasy. Back in 2017-18 TSN and CFL promoted Fantasy quite heavily but this year it's Pick'Em that's gotten the push.

Yes, I don't think panel has mentioned fantasy even once??  They are talking about Vegas odds all the time now, like way too much, but zero fantasy talk.  Guess we know the priorities now.
Never go full Rider!

Donny C

Missed week 1! Not like it's an issue, I suck at this!!

But I will pick opposing team players so that our team wins!!!

Foxhound

Quite a few participants in Blue Bomber fan oriented Leagues were MIA in Week 1 including these:

Bluegirl
Firekid
Holtbeast
Jteampro
Le Johnny Clipboard
Norm W
RickyBobby
Thalegend
Theaardvark
3rdand15
TSNsignguy

Whether that's due to the missed season or lack of promotion for CFL Fantasy I'm not sure.

???

Radically Canadian!