Grey Cup gear on clearance

Started by TecnoGenius, December 13, 2022, 05:30:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjrocksmb

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 15, 2022, 04:35:25 PM
Not much at the moment but there's some stuff in the sale section that'd make good gifts for Christmas: https://www.thebomberstore.com/collection/offers/

Thanks

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on December 14, 2022, 07:46:34 PM
same here that always gets me great mood! What a fantastic colour pallet to start with.

Hey no argument here.  I hate Rider green.  Blue is the color!!  And I spend buckets at the Bomber store every year.  Gotta go get me another copy of the back2back book for a friend for Christmas.  Hope they are open late enough on Saturday for me to make it before they close: I'm going to be in the area, which is pretty rare these days.

PJ: ya the sizing is starting to get iffy on many items.  XL seems the first to go.  But you can always try an XXL and wash/dry it on hot  :D   The kids & ladies stuff seems to have a better size selection.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Well, if you waited, you're gonna score big!  On a whim I rechecked the GC109 gear at the Rider Store and they've slashed the prices even more.  They claim 75% off, but some are even more, up to 85% off.  Still tons of favorable sizes, though XL is hardest to get.  Tons of LG and 2XL, as well as the other sizes.

Anyhow, the adult jersey went under $100 so I just had to bite on it.  I keep my word!  It's for the wall.  I love the design and I can live with the (darker than normal) green.  Grabbed a bunch more goodies too.

If you had any hankering for GC109 gear, go grab it.  Can the prices still go lower?  Doubt it.  Too much lower and you cheapen your brand too much.

https://www.theriderstore.ca/collections/69-109th-grey-cup-cfl-1
https://www.theriderstore.ca/collections/68-109th-grey-cup-festival-1

(No I'm not affiliated with the Rider Store.  Yes, I still hate the Riders!  Go blue!)
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 21, 2023, 10:50:53 AM
Well, if you waited, you're gonna score big!  On a whim I rechecked the GC109 gear at the Rider Store and they've slashed the prices even more.  They claim 75% off, but some are even more, up to 85% off.  Still tons of favorable sizes, though XL is hardest to get.  Tons of LG and 2XL, as well as the other sizes.

Anyhow, the adult jersey went under $100 so I just had to bite on it.  I keep my word!  It's for the wall.  I love the design and I can live with the (darker than normal) green.  Grabbed a bunch more goodies too.

If you had any hankering for GC109 gear, go grab it.  Can the prices still go lower?  Doubt it.  Too much lower and you cheapen your brand too much.

(No I'm not affiliated with the Rider Store.  Yes, I still hate the Riders!  Go blue!)

I would not take it for free.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bluengold204

Being rider themed aside, I?m not sure why any self respecting bomber fan would want a momento from a game where we lost the championship.

pjrocksmb

Many went to the game, many enjoyed it.  Many would either want to remember the moment or would like some of the product on sale.  Not for everyone sure but this was a nice jesture to make sure people that want it could score a deal.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: pjrocksmb on January 22, 2023, 09:07:29 PM
Many went to the game, many enjoyed it.  Many would either want to remember the moment or would like some of the product on sale.  Not for everyone sure but this was a nice jesture to make sure people that want it could score a deal.
Nobody wants it that is why the discounts are so large.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gobombersgo

Quote from: TecnoGenius on January 21, 2023, 10:50:53 AM

I bought a 2019 Grey Cup jersey as I liked the colour scheme, price and the fact that the Bombers won and I was there.

Even if the Bombers won in Regina I dont think I'd buy a 109th GC jersey as there's too much green.

I wouldnt mind one of the grey full zip hoodies though. Just seeing if the price will drop one more time.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on January 22, 2023, 09:07:29 PM

Bingo.  I got to go to a second Grey Cup with my young son (just a father & son thing), and do many other things on the trip there and in Regina.  We had a great time and he'll have that memory his whole life.  Why not remember it with a '22 jersey?  He wants to wear it to the '23 LDC, too.  It should facilitate even more good conversations with greenies when we're there.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 22, 2023, 09:42:06 PM

Look, I get it if people just see sadness and misery from that day.  We were both bummed out.  But it was still a triumph to simply be in that game.  And maybe the loss will sting the Bombers into being even better in '23... if that's even possible.  Some people just want to forget.  Some want to remember the great time minus the loss at the end.

To each his own, I'm just passing on the good news for those wanting the merch.

The biggest problem is WPG lost.  I bet the Rider Store people were praying and sacrificing chickens in the 4th Q in hopes that WPG would win.  If WPG wins then the Rider Store is packed after the game and merch is flying off the shelves.  But TOR won and the 3 TOR fans there went and bought a t-shirt and went home.  And the other 5 TOR fans sitting at home didn't order enough to clear out the stock.  TOR winning was actually the last thing greenies should have been cheering for!

I went in the Rider Store after Henoc's crying game, and it was very dead.  Like super dead compared to Bomber Store @IGF post-game.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on January 23, 2023, 12:12:57 AM
I bought a 2019 Grey Cup jersey as I liked the colour scheme, price and the fact that the Bombers won and I was there.

Even if the Bombers won in Regina I dont think I'd buy a 109th GC jersey as there's too much green.

I wouldnt mind one of the grey full zip hoodies though. Just seeing if the price will drop one more time.

The green is different from normal Rider green.  It's darker.  I know, I have a bucket of this merch sitting in front of me!  And a lot of it has no, or very little, green.  Some of the mitts and tees have almost no green.  The $5 grey tee with the tickets on it should appeal to most fans.  Can't say no for $5.  The all-black tees are nice too.  Great quality print.

The hoodies look nice, but it's one of the few things I didn't order, simply because i already have so many hoodies and sweaters.

2 observations about Riders merch:

1. The quality is very high across the board.  It's Bomber Store quality or better.  Even the cheapest tees are very nice cotton (or blend).  The jerseys are amazing.

2. Everything at Mosaic/RiderStore is overpriced.  Notice how expensive their food is and merch is compared to IGF??  Crazy.  That's what makes this discounted GC109 merch so attractive.  Makes me appreciate IGF that much more.

Good luck on the "1 more price drop"!  Let us know if you spot it.  I might order one of those hoodies too if they go to 85% off.  If all the selection isn't gone by then.

P.S. In the age of all-digital tickets, I wish these GC merch selections would include a replica ticket we can buy to put on our official GC lanyard.  I managed to snag a real GC107 ticket for my lanyard, but no such thing exists for GC109 (to my knowledge).  I have, in my man cave, a poster-size ticket from the 1992 GC that they sold there.  That's cool.  My dad passed it on to me when he died.  These types of things people cherish 30 years on, not some digital ticket.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Not items I am interested in personally. However at the price of $6.00 a pair of mitts, and $9.00 for a tuque we purchased 25 of each for West Broadways cold weather clothing drive for next fall. With the free shipping it was a good deal.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on January 23, 2023, 05:03:54 PM
Not items I am interested in personally. However at the price of $6.00 a pair of mitts, and $9.00 for a tuque we purchased 25 of each for West Broadways cold weather clothing drive for next fall. With the free shipping it was a good deal.

That's awesome.  Good idea, and very generous.  I have the mitts and they are high quality and very warm.  They don't look too warm, but the fleece lining is surprisingly cozy.  Just wore them to snowblow an hour ago.

The "hey why not at that price" is exactly what I was thinking: at worst I'm buying over-sized tees to use as pjs, or winter gear to use in the yard.

Back to the "winner bad for business" topic: I guess the 2021 GC result was the absolute worst by miles; even worse than the 2022 result.  There were almost no Bomber fans in the crowd to shop after or want memoribilia.  I don't recall hearing anything about merch after that game.  But there must have been some(?).  I think there wasn't even the GC festival week/weekend that year?

HAM's going to get pretty ornery if WPG is in the GC in their 2023 GC festival year... The fans might pull a SSK and just not show up in droves.  Even moreso if WPG wins.  And heaven help them if it's HAM vs WPG and WPG wins...
Never go full Rider!

pjrocksmb

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 22, 2023, 09:42:06 PM
Looks like people on this thread are in scooping deals, some cheap stuff there!

Quote from: Pigskin on January 23, 2023, 05:03:54 PM
Proud of you for doing that man, my dad was on the street for a period of his life makes a big difference.  Good remember for me to get my garbage full of winter gear to charity!

Pigskin

Quote from: pjrocksmb on January 24, 2023, 05:26:12 PM
Looks like people on this thread are in scooping deals, some cheap stuff there!
Proud of you for doing that man, my dad was on the street for a period of his life makes a big difference.  Good remember for me to get my garbage full of winter gear to charity!

The clothing they collect is not just for people on the streets. Many low income family's in the area use this service, and the food bank.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pigskin on January 24, 2023, 06:21:08 PM

The clothing they collect is not just for people on the streets. Many low income family's in the area use this service, and the food bank.
Thanks for the clarification.