Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on February 27, 2018, 04:22:35 PM
Glad we're only paying him a prorated 3.5mil...

Best part of everything is the team as it is playing was not touched.  No Moose or Jets players were involved...
Yep, what's that, less than a million bucks for the rest of the season and playoffs? 

I think Chevy paid market value for Stastny. 

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 27, 2018, 04:57:42 PM
Stastny will wear #25 and Morrow will wear #70.

Stastny will centre Laine and Ehlers tonight vs. the Predators.

Sounds like he will start there but will get some time on other lines depending on how the game goes. But Maurice wants to get him time with other guys to.

Hes going to get some time on the PP but wont play PK as our PK system is quite a bit different from the blues.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

With Stastny effectively replacing Copp to centre 29 and 27, can we really call that the third line anymore? Sounds like a second like to me, regardless of how the depth chart is written.
#Ride?

theaardvark

Perreault - Little - Roslovic is the "checking" line then?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

drahgon

That's for the opposing teams coach to figure out. However you want to rank them there will be a miss-match somewhere that the Jets can take advantage of.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on February 27, 2018, 08:20:17 PM

There's really no such thing anymore. The way teams defend is by attacking. We are absolutely the byproduct of that new reality. When healthy, we have four lines that can and will score and attack. That's what every team is striving for.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on February 27, 2018, 08:20:17 PM
The Copp (Lowry when healthy) line is the checking/shutdown line. 

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 27, 2018, 07:52:48 PM
With Stastny effectively replacing Copp to centre 29 and 27, can we really call that the third line anymore? Sounds like a second like to me, regardless of how the depth chart is written.
Stastny in between 29 and 27 is better than a lot of NHL teams first lines  :o

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 27, 2018, 09:06:52 PM
There's really no such thing anymore. The way teams defend is by attacking. We are absolutely the byproduct of that new reality. When healthy, we have four lines that can and will score and attack. That's what every team is striving for.

This is pretty much what Maurice has said. The idea is to roll 4 lines and not have to worry to much about matching lines. The system or the idea of it is if you have to shorten the bench you want to also swap players in and out also. It makes the team much harder to play against.

And like you said every line is going to attack. And we seen they can all score.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 27, 2018, 10:15:44 PM
Stastny in between 29 and 27 is better than a lot of NHL teams first lines  :o

Looks like he picked the wrong number... should have been 28... if he's going to be between 27 and 29...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

The Zipp

Questionable challenge by Maurice ...things have opened in the second

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on February 28, 2018, 01:42:21 AM
Questionable challenge by Maurice ...things have opened in the second

Yeah, that didn?t even look close. Cost us big time. Hanging onto a one goal lead after 40... Final 8-7 Jets???

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on February 28, 2018, 01:49:37 AM
Yeah, that didn?t even look close. Cost us big time. Hanging onto a one goal lead after 40... Final 8-7 Jets???

Ugh. You might be right.  Always depressing when you give up a goal while your goal is being announced

The Zipp

The Zipp

Terrible defence - we missed enstrom.  Worst possible outcome unless there is a miracle

Big time choke job with lots on the line