Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

apparently he Waived his NMC to have the trade happen ....... he wants that chance at a Cup .......... I am soooooooo pumped.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

The Zipp

Paul Friesen

Verified account

@friesensunmedia
40s41 seconds ago
More
#NHLJets D Toby Enstrom just helped off the ice, smashed stick in anger, after blocking a shot.

The Zipp

Quote from: Jockitch on February 26, 2018, 04:28:55 PM
apparently he Waived his NMC to have the trade happen ....... he wants that chance at a Cup .......... I am soooooooo pumped.

yah..St. Louis is looking to be on the downward slope...still could change though and he could be facing his old team in the playoffs.

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 26, 2018, 04:29:59 PM
Paul Friesen

Verified account

@friesensunmedia
40s41 seconds ago
More
#NHLJets D Toby Enstrom just helped off the ice, smashed stick in anger, after blocking a shot.
No surprise.  He's always injured.  At least Chevy has time today to trade for a depth LHD.  Jack Johnson is still out there...

Colton

Quote from: theaardvark on February 25, 2018, 09:25:36 PM
Looks like we're in the market now for Stan Pat...  won't cost any assets at all, and leaves us some cap space...

Yeah, Chevy aggressively pursuing multiple players pre-deadline really made it seem like he was going to do nothing today ::)

gbill2004

Conditions of the picks in Stastny trade:

If Winnipeg's pick is Nos. 1-3 this year, which it won't be, the Blues will get No. 19 overall.

If the Blues don't sign Foley before Aug. 16, 2019, they receive the Jets' 4th rounder in 2020. #stlblues

Chris1982

You know you're getting old when you hear the Jets acquired Paul Stastny, and you get nostalgic about the numerous seasons you watched his dad play    :D :D :D :D

blue_gold_84

Blues also retained 50% of Statsny's contract. Nice!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

I have to say, it sure is fun to be in the mix!!
#Ride?

Chris1982

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 26, 2018, 04:39:14 PM
I have to say, it sure is fun to be in the mix!!

We were in the mix WAY before this acquisition  ;) ;)

Sir Blue and Gold

I don't think I really like deadline deals. I get that we paid the going rate but it seems like a lot to give up. Essentially, it's a first, third and probably 4th rounder. Erik Foley is a pretty much a point a game player in the NCAA over the last two seasons.

Jockitch

we've needed another Lshot Dman for quite awhile ....... surprise us again Chevy
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 26, 2018, 04:44:11 PM
I don't think I really like deadline deals. I get that we paid the going rate but it seems like a lot to give up. Essentially, it's a first, third and probably 4th rounder. Erik Foley is a pretty much a point a game player in the NCAA over the last two seasons.
Our first is pretty much a 2nd because it?ll be so late in the first round.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on February 26, 2018, 04:44:11 PM

Sure, but he still hadn't signed an ELC with the Jets.

I don't think the Jets gave up a lot for a consistent 40-point centre who also performs pretty well in the post-season.

And from the sounds of it, the 4th rounder is only given up on the condition Foley signs with the Blues prior to Aug. 16, 2019.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

We are basically at the point where we have a backlog of prospects so giving up a pick here and there now is perfectly fine to do. Ask me this two years ago and I'd have thought it to be asinine, though. We are in a different place now and can afford to make these moves if the hockey brains who run this team think we do.
#Ride?