Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 24, 2018, 03:40:26 PM
Does hutch get the start tonight ?

Helly maybe needs a rest?
Helle is the expected starter. 

gbill2004

Blake Wheeler has got to be the front runner to win the Hart trophy this season.  Probably won't happen because it's Winnipeg  >:(

The Zipp

From Jeff Hamilton

Feeling more than a rumour at this point. Multiple sources tell me #NHLJets are pushing for C Tomas Plekanec, who is scratched for Habs tonight. Word is plan to centre 3rd line w/ Laine and Ehlers, move Copp to 4th line with Lowry and Armia.

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 24, 2018, 04:37:49 PM
Helle is the expected starter. 

Makes sense to me:

Michael Hutchinson will get the start in net for #nhljets tonight vs #nhlstars. No other lineup changes from Friday?s 4-0 win in St. Louis. #wfp

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 24, 2018, 08:41:02 PM

Makes sense to me:

Michael Hutchinson will get the start in net for #nhljets tonight vs #nhlstars. No other lineup changes from Friday?s 4-0 win in St. Louis. #wfp
I was just going by The Score. They had Helle listed as the expected starter.

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 24, 2018, 08:37:25 PM
From Jeff Hamilton

Feeling more than a rumour at this point. Multiple sources tell me #NHLJets are pushing for C Tomas Plekanec, who is scratched for Habs tonight. Word is plan to centre 3rd line w/ Laine and Ehlers, move Copp to 4th line with Lowry and Armia.
Read on Twitter it would likely be for a 3rd rounder. 

Jockitch

Never thought of Plekanec but he is not a bad rental. Plays a lot of short handed situations, wins most of his face offs & is a Plus player.
Won't be likely signed by Jets for the next season.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

gbill2004

Dallas sure seems to be targeting Scheifele tonight.

The Zipp

Just getting caught up now...10 seconds in Dallas scores ?

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 25, 2018, 12:15:50 AM
Just getting caught up now...10 seconds in Dallas scores ?
It was a goal right off the face off. 

And Ehlers just ties it up!

gbill2004

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 25, 2018, 12:21:23 AM
Laine misses on a penalty shot.

Kind of a weak one.  He may have been better off just stopping and laser it...good opportunity though too bad we couldn?t capitalize

The Zipp

Toby with the goal...it?s all in the beard...

gbill2004

And Laine makes up for the weak penalty shot with a wicked wrister!

Dallas changing their goalies now...

Jockitch

Oh my gosh ........ winning these 2 on the road was a terrific bonus.  Fabulous team Victory

It's a wild suggestion ....... Jets trade Trouba to the Leafs for LH shot Dman Jake Gardiner with perhaps an extra mix added.
This because .... he is affordable, as Cap Friendly says next year left at a touch over $4.M., good size, age & a competitor.
Would be a chance to move Enstrom, probably retire next year, may bale on rough/tough playoffs, down to 6th Dman with Kulikov.

Trouba, of course extremely good, may continue to be a question when Chevy has to deal with him.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE