Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stretch

You'd think that "don't rifle one at your own goalie's head" would be a pretty obvious rule.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

The Zipp

i guess maybe i just haven't been paying attention over the years but an actual concussion from a puck never seemed to happen...maybe we are just more aware of the symptoms now which is good for the players.  Maybe we need better masks and helmets for goalies.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on February 08, 2018, 05:52:02 PM
Yikes...Helly better stay healthy.

Paul Friesen

Verified account

@friesensunmedia
14m14 minutes ago
More
Another #NHLJets backup goalie, Michael Hutchinson, out with a concussion. Took a high shot in Tuesday's pre-game skate  Eric Comrie on his way up from the Moose.

Omg - just get a shooter tooter for practice for now on. :P

TrueBlue75

Preds take it to OT again... I guess it could have been worse and they won both games.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on February 09, 2018, 02:13:45 AM
Preds take it to OT again... I guess it could have been worse and they won both games.

Only a game in hand on the Jets but tied in points. Of note, the Jets have the ROW advantage right now (30 to 28).
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 09, 2018, 03:50:06 AM
Only a game in hand on the Jets but tied in points. Of note, the Jets have the ROW advantage right now (30 to 28).

Forgot to consider that, but the way this season has been going, it very well may come down to that in the central come April.
#Ride?

TrueBlue75

I am just really hoping that however the chips land for the playoffs that we are not playing the preds in the first round. Or the ducks (just because I despise them). Other than those two teams, I think we would put up a pretty good fight and hopefully take the series.  Really though, playoffs are a whole other level so we'll see. Just win a game!

blue_or_die

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on February 09, 2018, 01:19:08 PM
I am just really hoping that however the chips land for the playoffs that we are not playing the preds in the first round. Or the ducks (just because I despise them). Other than those two teams, I think we would put up a pretty good fight and hopefully take the series.  Really though, playoffs are a whole other level so we'll see. Just win a game!

I have been thinking about this a lot lately, and while I agree that the Preds are scary, I wouldn't want to play them on any given night, but in a series, that's a whole new animal. In a best of 4, I like our chances against any single team in the NHL.
#Ride?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_or_die on February 09, 2018, 02:29:22 PM
I have been thinking about this a lot lately, and while I agree that the Preds are scary, I wouldn't want to play them on any given night, but in a series, that's a whole new animal. In a best of 4, I like our chances against any single team in the NHL.

for me the recent playoff experience of the Preds is another layer of "scariness"  Rinne getting hot in the playoffs and the confidence that will grow in that team based on last year is going to make them really tough.

I want more than a 1st round exit out of this team now...being teased with "drinking the good water" basically all season has raised my hopes and expectations.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: The Zipp on February 09, 2018, 02:51:56 PM
for me the recent playoff experience of the Preds is another layer of "scariness"  Rinne getting hot in the playoffs and the confidence that will grow in that team based on last year is going to make them really tough.

I want more than a 1st round exit out of this team now...being teased with "drinking the good water" basically all season has raised my hopes and expectations.

Agreed. I have a feeling this is the year for the preds to win. Especially if they can boost their roster with Nash as the rumours are indicating he may land up there. Their home building is loud and intimidating and the Jets don't seem to win there.

All I wanted at the start of the season was to make the playoffs. Now I want first place in the central and would LOVE to get first overall. How awesome would that be? But I'd be happy with finishing above the wildcard spot and winning the first round. (especially after the leafs get knocked out  ;D )

The Zipp

Shucks ...Laine limping off....not good

Looks like a puck to the high ankle

The Zipp

Quote from: The Zipp on February 10, 2018, 12:41:30 AM
Shucks ...Laine limping off....not good

Looks like a puck to the high ankle

Back out on the ice...whew

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

I leave the room for a few minutes when it's 1-0 and poof I come back and 3-0. 

Come on Jets wake up

gbill2004

Quote from: The Zipp on February 10, 2018, 01:26:32 AM
I leave the room for a few minutes when it's 1-0 and poof I come back and 3-0. 

Come on Jets wake up
Lesson learned: don?t leave the room during Jets games!