Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrueBlue75

Great game by the Jets! They controlled much of the game and Tampa couldn't get much going. This team continues to amaze me.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on January 31, 2018, 12:51:09 PM
Great game by the Jets! They controlled much of the game and Tampa couldn't get much going. This team continues to amaze me.

Me too.....  its kinda crazy
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 31, 2018, 01:01:06 PM

Me too.....  its kinda crazy

Yep, it's insane. Still finding it hard not looking at it as a few bursts of brilliance or just luck. Team is rolling on all cylinders.

Into February we go...
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 31, 2018, 01:08:38 PM
Yep, it's insane. Still finding it hard not looking at it as a few bursts of brilliance or just luck. Team is rolling on all cylinders.

Into February we go...

I think as fans we got used to these flashes and overall inconsistency of the team. Now, the Jets are rolling and being consistent - it's awesome to see them finally take that step. And without some key players, no less.

35-40 games is usually a good measuring size to see what a team has. At the 50~ game mark, I'd say it's fair to say this team is the real deal.

It's a very exciting time to be a Winnipeg sports fan. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on January 31, 2018, 12:51:09 PM

Me three

Us Pegggers certainly aren?t use to this level of success like since the Bombers of the 80s so for me it?s like ever!

Just so deep and so much talent especially up front WOW we are a deep

Great goaltending as well
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on January 31, 2018, 01:08:38 PM

Into February we go...
its not luck it?s all the rest of the above though
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 31, 2018, 09:59:40 PM
its not luck it?s all the rest of the above though

lol, I know that, that's what I was saying. It's for real.
#Ride?

The Zipp

GO JETS GO!!

Another tough test for the Jets - haven't been to a game in a couple of years so excited to be there in person tonight.

Steve Mason skating today:

Steve Mason (concussion) skated for the first time today since Jan. 12.

"It'll be a real long curve on this one," said Maurice. "He'll run a real light skating day for a number of days before we start pushing any harder."

blue_or_die

Pretty stoked. I would love to beat the Knights!!
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on February 01, 2018, 06:47:36 PM
GO JETS GO!!

Another tough test for the Jets - haven't been to a game in a couple of years so excited to be there in person tonight.

Steve Mason skating today:

Steve Mason (concussion) skated for the first time today since Jan. 12.

"It'll be a real long curve on this one," said Maurice. "He'll run a real light skating day for a number of days before we start pushing any harder."

Excellent news! Thanks for sharing.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Chris1982

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on February 01, 2018, 07:26:47 PM
Excellent news! Thanks for sharing.

Bigger news is Schiefele back on the ice again today.... just posted a video of himself on Instagram at morning skate.

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 01, 2018, 08:23:41 PM
Bigger news is Schiefele back on the ice again today.... just posted a video of himself on Instagram at morning skate.
He skated yesterday too. 

Chris1982

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on February 01, 2018, 09:27:26 PM
That is why I said, on the ice "AGAIN".
How is that "bigger" news then?  I'd think the first day back skating is pretty big news.  The second day not so much. 

Chris1982

Quote from: gbill2004 on February 01, 2018, 09:31:24 PM
How is that "bigger" news then?  I'd think the first day back skating is pretty big news.  The second day not so much. 

A player always has to attempt a comeback.  Does not always mean it is going to be successful.  When a player makes it through a skate, and is able to return for a 2nd one... shows he made it through his comeback skate without re-aggravating anything.

Regardless of your opinion, I think that is bigger news.