Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 29, 2018, 03:41:40 PM
As long as there are no more injuries on the D I think we will be okay.  I see the D looking like this:

Morrisey-Buff
Myers-Kulikov
Enstrom-Poolman

Press box: Chiarot
looks good to me
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Stretch

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 29, 2018, 03:50:13 PM
looks good to me

Except for the Enstrom part. (Full disclosure: I don't like him one bit - too small, a step slow, good defensively but contributes little on offence aside from 16 slap passes a game.)
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

gbill2004

Trouba's injury could really help with the contract negotiations...bring the dollar amount down a bit. 

gbill2004

Sounds like Kulikov is still not ready.  Good news is that Scheifele was skating with the team this morning in a non-contact jersey. 

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 29, 2018, 05:22:13 PM
Trouba's injury could really help with the contract negotiations...bring the dollar amount down a bit. 

I dont really think it will.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 29, 2018, 05:22:13 PM

Good luck with that position!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Hutch gets the start vs the best team in the NHL

As per Sarah O:

It will be Michael Hutchinson in net tomorrow for #NHLJets vs TBL.

Big confidence boost if he can win

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on January 29, 2018, 10:09:45 PM
Hutch gets the start vs the best team in the NHL

As per Sarah O:

It will be Michael Hutchinson in net tomorrow for #NHLJets vs TBL.

Big confidence boost if he can win

Quite the test against Tbay!

I wish him the best. This is his showcase to the rest of the league of what he's capable of against the best.
#Ride?

New_Earth_Mud

And this is what the Jets will continue to do. And this is what they wanted to see.

It seems to me we give every player the right to come up and prove what they are worth. We send players bk down and dont bring them back up like Petan because they have and want to bring up others. They already know Petan can fill a spot if needed but its better to bring up the others to.

Back to both Hutch and Helle. Ill bet anything both were informed and both new a Vet guy would be brought in. And both Know the skill and how good this team can be. If they want payed they need and have to be better.

Both guys have done something to make them better.  That the kinda players i want.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

So Hutchinson is arriving in Winnipeg around noon today, from the AHL all-star game last night, and Maurice says he's starting in goal tonight versus Tampa Bay.  I don't have a good feeling about this game.  Maurice says they want to get Helle some rest.  I guess the don't have much confidence in Comrie. 

blue_gold_84

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 30, 2018, 04:44:06 PM
So Hutchinson is arriving in Winnipeg around noon today, from the AHL all-star game last night, and Maurice says he's starting in goal tonight versus Tampa Bay.  I don't have a good feeling about this game.  Maurice says they want to get Helle some rest.  I guess the don't have much confidence in Comrie. 

I get giving your workhorse goalie some rest, but does it have to be tonight? Why not Thursday or Saturday?

And Comrie isn't ready. We saw that last time he started. Hutchinson is the better option between the two, but I still don't get this decision.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 30, 2018, 05:10:27 PM
I get giving your workhorse goalie some rest, but does it have to be tonight? Why not Thursday or Saturday?

And Comrie isn't ready. We saw that last time he started. Hutchinson is the better option between the two, but I still don't get this decision.
Yep, very odd decision.  And the Jets just had their bye week a couple weeks ago so I don't get the urgency of resting Helle tonight. 

The Zipp

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 30, 2018, 05:14:59 PM
Yep, very odd decision.  And the Jets just had their bye week a couple weeks ago so I don't get the urgency of resting Helle tonight. 

Coach is adamant it's about Hellybuck travelling lots in the last couple of weeks, multiple time zones, plane trips etc.  Does make you wonder if he tweaked something but that is just pure speculation...all the best to Hutchy tonight - go out there and win one for the team and yourself.

Mason must be in rough shape..

Jesse

Quote from: The Zipp on January 30, 2018, 05:18:56 PM
Coach is adamant it's about Hellybuck travelling lots in the last couple of weeks, multiple time zones, plane trips etc.  Does make you wonder if he tweaked something but that is just pure speculation...all the best to Hutchy tonight - go out there and win one for the team and yourself.

Mason must be in rough shape..

PM was talking about the travel prior to Helle leaving, so I think it's legit. Let him sleep a night in his own bed without worrying about starting the next day. We got a nice home stretch here that he's going to be used a ton for.

Mason is going through concussion, yes?
My wife is amazing!

gbill2004

Quote from: Jesse on January 30, 2018, 05:22:02 PM
PM was talking about the travel prior to Helle leaving, so I think it's legit. Let him sleep a night in his own bed without worrying about starting the next day. We got a nice home stretch here that he's going to be used a ton for.

Mason is going through concussion, yes?
Yes, Mason's second concussion this season, and I believe third of his career.  I seriously wonder if his season might be over.