Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Jesse

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on January 19, 2018, 11:30:34 PM
I wish someone would have asked Hutchinson what he felt like he did last year to warrant a job on the Jets as opposed to the Moose. He was a weak link last year and didn?t show much promise in the preseason. I get his frustration and disappointment but I?m not liking his attitude about it. Prove yourself (which he?s done) and earn your spot (which he is) It?s the nature of the business in sports.

What?s wrong with him being honest about his feelings? I like the non-stock answer. And it was hardly anything shocking.
My wife is amazing!

blue_gold_84

A Hellebuyck/Hutchinson tandem for the moment could work but I'm not sure if that's a long-term solution for the balance of the regular season. The latter has played great in the AHL but that doesn't necessarily translate to success at the next level.

I wish someone would have asked Hutchinson what he felt like he did last year to warrant a job on the Jets as opposed to the Moose. He was a weak link last year and didn?t show much promise in the preseason. I get his frustration and disappointment but I?m not liking his attitude about it. Prove yourself (which he?s done) and earn your spot (which he is) It?s the nature of the business in sports.

Neither he nor Hellebuyck played well last season and it was reflected in their stats.

And he simply expressed his frustration with being demoted. The organization had to improve its goaltending and he was the odd man out. I don't think what he said to the media shows him having a bad attitude, though. He's handled the demotion like a professional and has made the most of it based on how well he's played with the Moose.

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 20, 2018, 01:55:38 AM
We were never trading Hutch.

He could be trade bait going into the final month before the trade deadline.

Quote from: Jesse on January 20, 2018, 02:04:26 AM
What?s wrong with him being honest about his feelings? I like the non-stock answer. And it was hardly anything shocking.

Agreed. He was candid about his situation and that's better than the usual canned response we've grown accustomed to seeing in pro sports.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Chris1982

LOWRY and MATTHIAS both still officially out today.

Tanev will play.

Offense-
Connor Wheeler Laine
Perreault Little Ehlers
Tanev Copp Armia
Dano Hendricks Roslovic

Defense-
Morrissey Trouba
Kulikov Myers
Enstrom Byfuglien

blue_gold_84

Not a very exciting game by either team but the Jets take the second point and break the Flames' win streak!
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

In Motion

Exactly! He has been a disappointment to the Jets fans. Yes, he's played great for the Moose, and I hope he proves he's a world-beater
in the NHL... but so far, he hasn't done it.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: In Motion on January 21, 2018, 02:31:38 AM
Exactly! He has been a disappointment to the Jets fans. Yes, he's played great for the Moose, and I hope he proves he's a world-beater
in the NHL... but so far, he hasn't done it.

No, he hasn't. Unless those Jets fans set the bar too high with him, in which case they have only themselves to blame.

Hutchinson had a stretch of maybe 20 games where he was lights out at the NHL level. That's it. Any fans who expected him to be a world beater at any point are just fooling themselves.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on January 21, 2018, 02:36:01 AM
No, he hasn't. Unless those Jets fans set the bar too high with him, in which case they have only themselves to blame.

Hutchinson had a stretch of maybe 20 games where he was lights out at the NHL level. That's it. Any fans who expected him to be a world beater at any point are just fooling themselves.

Its not the Jets thing to trade. Its more to develop our own. We didnt draft Hutch but we have put in time with him.

I think we will go Helly n Hutch. We can control cost this way.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

theaardvark

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 21, 2018, 05:22:27 AM

Its not the Jets thing to trade. Its more to develop our own. We didnt draft Hutch but we have put in time with him.

Bucksy and Hutch... they need a striped tomato...

Solid for the rest of the 2017/2018 season, and then Hellebuyck / Comrie next year... 
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on January 21, 2018, 02:10:21 PM
Bucksy and Hutch... they need a striped tomato...

Solid for the rest of the 2017/2018 season, and then Hellebuyck / Comrie next year... 
Comrie looks nowhere near ready for the NHL. Here?s hoping Mason returns soon.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on January 21, 2018, 05:22:27 AM

I don't understand what you're saying. Hutchinson isn't a developmental piece now, if he ever was. He's a pending UFA and there's been no indication the Jets intend to keep him around after the season.

Hutchinson stays up as long as Mason is on IR. That's the only reason he's with the big club. It's not about controlling cost or developing him (he's almost 28 years old).

Quote from: gbill2004 on January 21, 2018, 02:12:36 PM
Comrie looks nowhere near ready for the NHL. Here?s hoping Mason returns soon.

Agreed on both counts. The Jets are a better team with Mason healthy, too.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Another home win...another helly shutout...should have won 5-0 - just couldn't a break on some scoring chances.  Tough 5 games coming up!!

blue_gold_84

Scary moment there where Morrissey's stick blade got through Hellebuyck's cage and nicked him. Thank Jeebus he's okay.

It'd be nice to get a few more points going into the All-Star Break.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

Hellebuyck named NHL second star of the week: https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/hellebuyck-named-second-star-of-the-week/c-295172188

Hellebuyck, 24, led the Jets to two straight wins last week coming out of the player break. He stopped 30 of 31 shots and also saved both shootout attempts in a 2-1 shootout win against the Calgary Flames on Saturday before starting again the next night and saving all 29 shots in a 1-0 shutout victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Sunday. In total, he saved 59 of the 60 shots he faced last week for a .983 save percentage. He also had a 0.48 goals-against average in the two games.

Jets recall Lemieux: https://www.nhl.com/jets/news/jets-recall-brendan-lemieux/c-295178506
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!