Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on November 19, 2017, 06:21:30 PM
What a difference a few weeks makes...

Looks like everyone is finally buying into what the coaching staff is selling.

Enstrom expected to miss 8 weeks, Poolman re-called: http://illegalcurve.com/2017/11/19/injury-news-winnipeg-jets-tobias-enstrom-expected-to-miss-8-weeks/
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 19, 2017, 07:00:54 PM
Looks like everyone is finally buying into what the coaching staff is selling.

Enstrom expected to miss 8 weeks, Poolman re-called: http://illegalcurve.com/2017/11/19/injury-news-winnipeg-jets-tobias-enstrom-expected-to-miss-8-weeks/

Blessing in disguise I beckon

Poolman time!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Quote from: Colton on November 17, 2017, 08:58:03 PM
It doesn't automatically set the minimum to 5 games, it just allows them to suspend the player for more than 5 games should they choose to. I don't know if there are any instances of the suspension from an in person hearing being less than 5 games though.

JUST IN: @NHLFlyers D Radko Gudas suspended ten games for his slash on @NHLJets F Mathieu Perreault. MORE: tsn.ca/gudas-suspende? #NHL

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on November 20, 2017, 01:26:08 AM
JUST IN: @NHLFlyers D Radko Gudas suspended ten games for his slash on @NHLJets F Mathieu Perreault. MORE: tsn.ca/gudas-suspende? #NHL
GOOD!

Definition of meathead
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jockitch

Congrats to Parros for stepping up ......... Witkowski got 10 & now Gudas is out for the same
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

BomberPride

Quote from: theaardvark on November 19, 2017, 06:21:30 PM
What a difference a few weeks makes...

No Kidding.

I was concerned with the lack of offense, primarily.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on November 20, 2017, 01:26:08 AM

I like how upfront the NHL is. There's a video explaining the thought process and the reasoning for the final result. The article states the exact amount of the fine. That's good accountability. In the CFL the league just says 'we fined the guy for an undisclosed amount'.

JMT21

These next 4 games will go a long long way to determining our playoff aspirations.  I would personally be satisfied going 2-2 if somehow we can manage to beat the Preds tonight.
Lose and we're 1 point ahead. Win and we're 5 points ahead.  Not too mention American Thanksgiving is only 3 days away.

The Zipp

Quote from: JMT21 on November 20, 2017, 08:01:33 PM
These next 4 games will go a long long way to determining our playoff aspirations.  I would personally be satisfied going 2-2 if somehow we can manage to beat the Preds tonight.
Lose and we're 1 point ahead. Win and we're 5 points ahead.  Not too mention American Thanksgiving is only 3 days away.

that might be over-stating it a bit..there is still lots that can happen in the season...

The Zipp

Not the greatest game tonight....some sloppy play in our own end. Maybe Enstrom is missed more than I thought. 

blue_gold_84

The middle frame killed 'em... But they're making it interesting late in this one.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 21, 2017, 02:44:33 AM
The middle frame killed 'em... But they're making it interesting late in this one.

Yah.  Just outta time. Nashville is a good team.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on November 21, 2017, 02:51:49 AM
Yah.  Just outta time. Nashville is a good team.

Best home PP in the league, IIRC. And they made the Jets pay tonight in that regard.

Ah, well... On to the next.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Can't win 'em all. Nash is a very good team. They had their hiccups but overall didn't play a bad game, just weren't the better team.
#Ride?