Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 16, 2017, 02:25:20 PM
I don't disagree, and I understand why the Jets are adding members into their hall of fame, but I will point out that the Arizona Coyotes have retired Bobby Hull's number.

Edit: Just fact checked this and looks like Hull's number 9 was put back into circulation when the team was sold a couple of years ago. Clayton Keller is currently #9.

TNSE doesn't give two rips about the Coyotes or what that joke of a franchise does. The organization who brought the NHL back here cares about one thing: hockey in Winnipeg. As such, it has decided to embrace the history of hockey in Winnipeg, which means honouring those who played for the previous iteration from 1972-1996.

As for the current iteration, Ilya Kovalupchuk is irrelevant to it. Same as any other player who was at Atlanta Thrasher but never a Winnipeg Jet. As I said in my previous post, there is no confusion whatsoever.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

JMT21

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 16, 2017, 03:20:11 PM
TNSE doesn't give two rips about the Coyotes or what that joke of a franchise does. The organization who brought the NHL back here cares about one thing: hockey in Winnipeg. As such, it has decided to embrace the history of hockey in Winnipeg, which means honouring those who played for the previous iteration from 1972-1996.

As for the current iteration, Ilya Kovalupchuk is irrelevant to it. Same as any other player who was at Atlanta Thrasher but never a Winnipeg Jet. As I said in my previous post, there is no confusion whatsoever.

Couldn't agree more.  Only players that suited up for the Jets 1.0 or WHA Jets (or the future Jets 2.0) deserve any consideration to to honored ala Hawerchuk the other night. Steen should likely be next followed by Selanne.  Selanne may not a played here for long but the impression he left on the city speaks for itself.

I always looked at the Coyotes honoring Hull, Steen, and Hawerchuk as kind of a joke.  They were trotted out to Arizona to boost ticket sales.

blue_or_die

Anyone else worthy of being honoured from Jets 1.0 besides Steen and Selanne? Opinions from older fans who remember that era well? I can think of some fan favourites, but I wouldn't want to water it down. Might be good to stick with the 6 banners until enough time has passed for Jets 2.0 to be considered, when Blake Wheeler is in his 70s. Maybe we can hang some division, conference, or league championship banners up in the meantime to fill in the lull ;)
#Ride?

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

I crossed out the word confusing from my original post, it was a bad choice of words and makes me look stupid. :D
Not really confused, but I thought Kovalchuk might be an interesting debate just based on what the Coyotes franchise did by honouring players that never played in that city. You guy are right, what Arizona did is irrelevant and quite frankly weird.  :D I can't see the Jets flying him in from Russia, having him standing at center ice in a city he's never visited, as they raise an Atlanta Thrashers banner to the rafters of Bell MTS Place.  :D

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Looks like Mathias is coming out for Perreault. Good choice, Mathias has had some recent chances but can never seem to finish.
How long does he stay on the "4th line"? It's going to be tough to take away minutes from Copp/Lowry/Tanev, those guys are forechecking so well lately.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 16, 2017, 05:19:49 PM
I crossed out the word confusing from my original post, it was a bad choice of words and makes me look stupid. :D
Not really confused, but I thought Kovalchuk might be an interesting debate just based on what the Coyotes franchise did by honouring players that never played in that city. You guy are right, what Arizona did is irrelevant and quite frankly weird.  :D I can't see the Jets flying him in from Russia, having him standing at center ice in a city he's never visited, as they raise an Atlanta Thrashers banner to the rafters of Bell MTS Place.  :D
Kovalchuk definitely visited here few times. As a member of the New Jersey devils. I saw him live at least twice.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on November 16, 2017, 05:27:25 PM
Looks like Mathias is coming out for Perreault. Good choice, Mathias has had some recent chances but can never seem to finish.
How long does he stay on the "4th line"? It's going to be tough to take away minutes from Copp/Lowry/Tanev, those guys are forechecking so well lately.

No it will take no tie away for the excellent 3rd line. He?s just not gonna see the ice that much.

The Zipp

Hellebuck in net and gives up a juicy rebound.  Need to stay on a roll ...

GOLDMEMBER

+ bone head Buff makes an appearance not to mention a pure PK garbage. No puck pressure never works!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on November 17, 2017, 12:16:38 AM
Hellebuck in net and gives up a juicy rebound.  Need to stay on a roll ...

Jets are looking slow and outta sorts so far tonight. Not sure if I'd blame Hellebuyck for the Jets being down 2-0 after 20.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on November 17, 2017, 01:18:26 AM
Jets are looking slow and outta sorts so far tonight. Not sure if I'd blame Hellebuyck for the Jets being down 2-0 after 20.

Nah.  Was just that first goal and the big rebound.  They have looked uninspired and disinterested for lots of this game

The Zipp

Jets woke up.  Great play to tie it up with the goalie pulled!!

Now to get that elusive OT win!!

The Zipp

Shootout win!!!  We will take the 2 points !!

blue_or_die

And the beat goes on with these Jets in a game we were surely about to lose. Spendid  :)
#Ride?

TrueBlue75

It's wins like this that will push us into the playoffs this year. Much different story than last year. 4th overall at the moment in the league and second in the division! Checking the standings has never been more fun  ;D