Main Menu

NFL Discussion

Started by ModAdmin, September 07, 2017, 05:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on September 12, 2017, 02:20:40 AM
We shall see - he isn't the main TE though....he is chasing some record though so maybe they will feed him.

So tense!!

Two catches. Bah! Good game!

The Zipp

i actually stayed up to the watch...thought he was getting skunked...Bradford made it interesting - good call picking him up!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on September 12, 2017, 02:02:25 PM
i actually stayed up to the watch...thought he was getting skunked...Bradford made it interesting - good call picking him up!

Hilariously, Bradford looks like he's a premier quarterback all of a sudden. I guess an offensive line helps. I wonder how much noise the Vikings can make this year? They have the defense and now it looks like their offense is at least decent.

The Zipp

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on September 12, 2017, 02:38:01 PM
Hilariously, Bradford looks like he's a premier quarterback all of a sudden. I guess an offensive line helps. I wonder how much noise the Vikings can make this year? They have the defense and now it looks like their offense is at least decent.

I like the Vikings..hope they do well BUT they started hot last season and faded big time down the stretch.  New Orleans had and still has one of the worst defences in the league.

It's just week 1 - but how exciting would a playoff push be in Minnesota with the super bowl being there??

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 13, 2017, 07:10:40 PM
1 game demoted to practise roster

Did he even see action on Monday? He didn't record a single stat.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 13, 2017, 07:14:23 PM
Did he even see action on Monday? He didn't record a single stat.

Apparently ST cover units only

Came up empty

Colton

Quote from: The Zipp on September 12, 2017, 02:43:49 PM
I like the Vikings..hope they do well BUT they started hot last season and faded big time down the stretch.  New Orleans had and still has one of the worst defences in the league.

It's just week 1 - but how exciting would a playoff push be in Minnesota with the super bowl being there??

I'm not sure faded is the best term to use, they were unprecedentedly devastated by injuries at OL last season. Hard to overcome that.

I'm excited for this season. I don't think NO's D is as bad as it was last year, I think the Vikings just made it look so.

The Zipp

Quote from: Colton on September 13, 2017, 08:41:43 PM
I'm not sure faded is the best term to use, they were unprecedentedly devastated by injuries at OL last season. Hard to overcome that.

I'm excited for this season. I don't think NO's D is as bad as it was last year, I think the Vikings just made it look so.

Well they did their best but couldn't overcome the injury challenges - teams kind of figured them out too...they should be better this season with Cook and Theilin having a year under his belt.  Pittsburgh has a better defensive front so this will be a better test for them. 

I think NO is really that bad. 

GOLDMEMBER

Battle of the severe under proformers tonight Texans VS Bungels

I am looking forward to seeing Deshawn Watson though.

The Zipp

Dalton and the bungles are terrible...useless and I love it!!

Watson looks like a Randall Cunningham out there.

Kind of a snoozer.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on September 15, 2017, 03:24:11 AM
Dalton and the bungles are terrible...useless and I love it!!

Watson looks like a Randall Cunningham out there.

Kind of a snoozer.

Did you watch it? Couldn't bring myself to sit through that one. Both of those teams are awful this year.

The Zipp

Not the whole thing.  It was on while I did other stuff around the house - fixed a screen door etc.  Did see Watson's run live which was exciting....watched the very end in case of a comeback - pretty dull.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on September 15, 2017, 02:28:07 PM
Not the whole thing.  It was on while I did other stuff around the house - fixed a screen door etc.  Did see Watson's run live which was exciting....watched the very end in case of a comeback - pretty dull.

I looked at the stats and those teams combined for only a 25% 3rd down conversation rate. I'm assuming the punters are sore today.

theaardvark

Great game for a spotlight on Thursday night.  Makes the CFL so much more attractive to viewers...  Thanks NFL.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.