Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlueInCgy

If we're talking Netflix, "The Killing" is a really solid series (not so much the last season, but the first two).

Really enjoyed the first season of Fargo, not so much the second.  Same goes for True Detective.

I was surprised by how much I enjoy Daredevil, I'm not really a comic book movie/TV guy (except for Deadpool).

Just finished Orange Season 4,  best season yet, and it's been renewed for 3 more.  I don't know how they are going to stretch the story that far, but we'll see.

I really enjoyed the first 3 seasons of HOC, but there was a definite pace shift in Season 4 (not saying that's bad).  Probably due to the fact that season 4 was part of a four season deal, so they can go deeper into the storylines.

Was thinking of starting to watch Vinyl, but now that it's been cancelled, thinking it might not be as good as I want it to be.

JMT21

Have a couple episodes left of Season 4 - Orange Is The New Black.  Noticed a similar type show called Wentworth.  How does it compare to OINTB?   

The Zipp

Quote from: JMT21 on August 10, 2016, 06:12:29 PM
Have a couple episodes left of Season 4 - Orange Is The New Black.  Noticed a similar type show called Wentworth.  How does it compare to OINTB?   

Watched most of Wentworth - binged then got tired of it...Started out great and then maybe I watched too much of it in a short time or the story started going too sideways.  It is way more dramatic than OITNB - not much comedy at all...it is interesting though and well done from an acting and writing perspective.

BomberPride

Quote from: JMT21 on August 10, 2016, 06:12:29 PM

Quote from: The Zipp on August 10, 2016, 07:22:09 PM
Watched most of Wentworth - binged then got tired of it...Started out great and then maybe I watched too much of it in a short time or the story started going too sideways.  It is way more dramatic than OITNB - not much comedy at all...it is interesting though and well done from an acting and writing perspective.

Wentworth is definitely darker than OITNB. Just a better written series. Netflix doesn't have season 4 yet, as it just ended on network television, I would imagine it's going to pop up in the fall.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

squonk

IMHO the best TV is coming out of Britain right now. Line of Duty, Luther, Peaky Blinders....

blue_gold_84

Stranger Things. Like Goonies meets the X-Files... All stuck in the 80s. Awesome first season.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on September 19, 2016, 08:33:16 PM
Stranger Things. Like Goonies meets the X-Files... All stuck in the 80s. Awesome first season.

haven't watched yet...without giving anything away does it actually "end" with anything at the end of the first season or does it just continue with the story and we have to wait until season 2?

GOLDMEMBER

Narcos season 2 was brilliantly completed!!!!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: The Zipp on September 19, 2016, 08:35:15 PM
haven't watched yet...without giving anything away does it actually "end" with anything at the end of the first season or does it just continue with the story and we have to wait until season 2?

No idea. It ended but it left some things open, so it's hard to say.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Westworld - I think this is going to be good...I am intrigued and looking forward to episode 2...

blue_gold_84

Gotta D/L the first episode of Westworld and see what it's all about.

Not sure if anyone here watches Mr. Robot. Season 2 was just a mindjob. Looking forward to season 3. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on October 04, 2016, 11:11:37 PM
Gotta D/L the first episode of Westworld and see what it's all about.

Not sure if anyone here watches Mr. Robot. Season 2 was just a mindjob. Looking forward to season 3. ;D

I watch most of my TV later at night and my brain couldn't get past episode 3 of season 2 of mr robot.  When I have to read internet blogs and forums to even try to understand it was too much. Maybe when they are on Netflix or when I can watch one after another it would be easier - and it isn't midnight after a long day of work.

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

pjrocksmb

can't beat the drama of cory street  :o