NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on June 26, 2015, 08:27:44 PM
RIP Bruins fans.

Bahaha... And Lucic to the Kings for a pick and G Martin Jones.

http://www.tsn.ca/bruins-close-to-deal-lucic-to-kings-1.318890

Wow... Bruins are in full-on tank mode. LOL :D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on June 26, 2015, 09:08:19 PM
Bahaha... And Lucic to the Kings for a pick and G Martin Jones.

http://www.tsn.ca/bruins-close-to-deal-lucic-to-kings-1.318890

Wow... Bruins are in full-on tank mode. LOL :D

I hate Lucic and think trading him away is great, but for Martin Jones? What?

And to LA? Come on! Now I have to both see his disgusting face on my screen 6+ times a year and fear for the health of every member of the Sharks organization any time he steps on the ice.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Colton on June 26, 2015, 09:13:19 PM
I hate Lucic and think trading him away is great, but for Martin Jones? What?

And to LA? Come on! Now I have to both see his disgusting face on my screen 6+ times a year and fear for the health of every member of the Sharks organization any time he steps on the ice.

Right...? LOL :D

I have a friend who says he'd take Lucic on the Jets. Blegh... No. Just no.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Bahahaha, Bruins retained close to half of Lucic's salary.

They are pushing waaay too hard for Hanafin when in all likelyhood, won't even be as good of a defenseman as Hamilton.

Colton

I swear, if the Sharks move their first for something that doesn't include a top 8 pick I'm going to be so pissed off.

blue_gold_84

Avalanche trade F Ryan O'Reilly and F Jamie McGinn to the Sabres.

F Mikhail Grigorenko, D Nikita Zadorov, F JT Compher, and the 31st overall pick going to the Avalanche.

Confirmed:

http://www.tsn.ca/avalanche-trade-o-reilly-to-sabres-1.318992
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_gold_84

And McDavid goes first overall. No surprises there.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

draft was boring until jets went twice
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Jesse

I thought the three picks in a row by the Bruins was fairly interesting. Never thought I'd see that outside a video game.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Les Habitants had 1, 2, 3 in 1968.  A horrible draft year, by the looks of it, I don't recognize and of the names...  Plasse played 32 games for montreal, picks 2 and 3, none...

1    Michel Plasse    Goaltender     Canada    Montreal Canadiens    Drummondville Rangers (QJHL)
2    Roger Belisle    Centre     Canada    Montreal Canadiens    Montreal North Beavers (LHIQ)
3    Jim Pritchard    Defence     Canada    Montreal Canadiens    Winnipeg Jets (WCHL)
4    Garry Swain    Centre     Canada    Pittsburgh Penguins    Niagara Falls Flyers (OHA)
5    Jim Benzelock    Right Wing     Canada    Minnesota North Stars    Winnipeg Jets (WCHL)
6    Gary Edwards    Goaltender     Canada    St. Louis Blues    Toronto Marlboros (OHA)
7    Jim McInally    Defence     Canada    Los Angeles Kings    Hamilton Red Wings (OHA)
8    Lew Morrison    Right Wing     Canada    Philadelphia Flyers    Flin Flon Bombers (WCHL)
9    John Marks    Left Wing     Canada    Chicago Black Hawks    North Dakota Fighting Sioux (NCAA)
10    Brad Selwood    Defence     Canada    Toronto Maple Leafs    Niagara Falls Flyers (OHA)
11    Steve Andrascik    Right Wing     Canada    Detroit Red Wings    Flin Flon Bombers (WCHL)
12    Danny Schock    Left Wing     Canada    Boston Bruins    Estevan Bruins (WCHL)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/winners--losers-of-the-2015-nhl-draft-210315070.html

Lots of good stuff in this link. Check it out.

This is definitely neat:

WINNER: Andong Song

The 18-year old defenseman became the first player born in China to be drafted when he was taken No. 172 by the New York Islanders. His entire draft weekend was documented by Chinese TV station CCTV. After moving to Canada at age 10, he then went to New Jersey at 15 to play at the Lawrenceville School. With the Asian market one the NHL is hoping to crack, Song?s success in professional hockey on this side of the Pacific Ocean could do wonders to help grow the sport there.

I know hockey's popularity in Japan has increased a lot the last decade or so but this development could tap into a massive market on the Asian mainland.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

I use The Hockey news Draft preview magazine to get psyched for the draft.
So Dallas (not a big fan of), in the 1st Round in the #12 spot, goes way off the board & picks #66 ranked winger Guryanov ........... I said ***

Then I remembered the shock, as a fan, for the Jets first historical Draft into their 1st year, 1979, into the NHL.
The Jets GM Smith picked Jimmy Mann as our 1st round selection ........ Jet fans were stunned as were the draft hosts & talent gurus.
Mann plays 293 games in the NHL with a total of 10 goals & 20 assists to show.
Same Draft, the Jets pick Dave Christian in the 2nd round who goes onto get 340 goals & 773 points in 1009 NHL games
In the 5th round we get Thomas Steen who collects 817 points in 950 games.

Guess my point is ..... the Draft can be a let down (i.e. Dallas fans) at first blush, but only time will tell at how many home runs are hit in the choices made.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

Colton

Sweeney just gave up a 3rd round pick for Zac Rinaldo. Rinaldo is the type of player you need to trade packaged with a 3rd round pick for no return to get rid of.

It's starting to look like the Bruins got themselves a modern day Mike Milbury running the show.

blue_gold_84

2015 HHOF Inductees: Fedorov, Pronger, Lidstrom, Housley, and Ruggiero.

http://www.tsn.ca/fedorov-lidstrom-pronger-housley-in-2015-hhof-class-1.321225

Nicklas Lidstrom, Sergei Fedorov, Chris Pronger, Phil Housley and Angela Ruggiero will be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame as the Class of 2015.

Bill Hay and Peter Karmanos were also inducted as builders.

In other news, the Kings terminate F Richards' contract:

http://www.tsn.ca/kings-opt-to-terminate-richards-contract-1.321200

"The Los Angeles Kings today have exercised the team?s right to terminate the contract of Mike Richards for a material breach of the requirements of his Standard Player?s Contract," the Kings said in a statement. "We are not prepared to provide any more detail or to discuss the underlying grounds for the contract termination at this time."

No details regarding the violation... Strange.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.