NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweep the leg

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 07, 2014, 12:44:31 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445439
Bush league. They hand out an arbitrary penalty and then arbitrarily change it. It was strange that they picked only the Devils to punish for a cap circumventing contract, but it's also strange that they change their mind once it becomes time to enforce the strongest parts on the punishment.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: sweep the leg on March 07, 2014, 12:22:57 PM
Bush league. They hand out an arbitrary penalty and then arbitrarily change it. It was strange that they picked only the Devils to punish for a cap circumventing contract, but it's also strange that they change their mind once it becomes time to enforce the strongest parts on the punishment.

I heard Lou sent his henchmen after Bettman. You know bust his balls a little.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

That's how they do things in jersey
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 07, 2014, 03:24:45 PM
That's how they do things in jersey
I guess you would know??. I guess here in Wpg and all  :D

Lou would be a Capitano you'd think by now. ;)

AngryGreg

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 07, 2014, 03:26:11 PM
I guess you would know??. I guess here in Wpg and all  :D

Lou would be a Capitano you'd think by now. ;)
ever see the Sopranos? :D

GOLDMEMBER

I've seen all things related to the mob. TV, movies, documentaries I've seen it all

Rhapsody in Blue

Scary moment at Dallas-Columbus game. From the TSN website:

Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench during the Dallas Stars' game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The game was stopped midway through the first period while medical personnel attended to Peverley, with both teams leaving the ice. Blue Jackets President of Hockey Operations, John Davidson, has announced that the game will be postponed in light of the situation.

The NHL released a statement on Peverley's condition: "Dallas player Rich Peverley is doing well and is in stable condition. He has been transported to the hospital. As a result of the emotional state of the players on both teams caused by the medical emergency, the game is being postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank the fans."

Peverley missed a game last week with an irregular heartbeat, the same condition that kept him out of the lineup for the entire preseason, according to the Dallas News.

More details to follow.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on March 11, 2014, 01:00:08 AM
Scary moment at Dallas-Columbus game. From the TSN website:

Rich Peverley collapsed on the bench during the Dallas Stars' game against the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The game was stopped midway through the first period while medical personnel attended to Peverley, with both teams leaving the ice. Blue Jackets President of Hockey Operations, John Davidson, has announced that the game will be postponed in light of the situation.

The NHL released a statement on Peverley's condition: "Dallas player Rich Peverley is doing well and is in stable condition. He has been transported to the hospital. As a result of the emotional state of the players on both teams caused by the medical emergency, the game is being postponed. We apologize for any inconvenience and we thank the fans."

Peverley missed a game last week with an irregular heartbeat, the same condition that kept him out of the lineup for the entire preseason, according to the Dallas News.

More details to follow.

old news he's stable.

Rhapsody in Blue

theedge204

Gonna say it, it's pretty hard not to cheer on the stars right now, Yup i understand the implications to the JETS, but... i dont think the Jets will make it and if/when they dont, I think i might have to pull for the stars, would be a great story really, they beat st louis tonight a night after the peverly incident, which is news, HUGE NEWS STILL, thats a scary situation there, could have died really..

But if the Jets dont/when the jets dont get in, GO Stars Go!!

theedge204

The other Hockey related news is a player from the saginaw spirit, trafford was found dead in his truck.

Missing for a week or so i believe.

Only 20 years old.

Must have had some issues. Was just suspended for vioation of rules by the OHL and also was known to have depression issues.

Sad story there.

theedge204

update to trafford story

police say cause of death was self inflicted asphyxiation (surely that is not the correct spelling tho)

In other words tho, he killed himself.

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

AngryGreg

David Clarkson has a total of 10 points this season , and he earns a cap hit that is only 150k less then Kessels  :D and with that loss tonight, the Leafs move a step closer to not making the play offs again  ;D

blue_gold_84

David Clarkson was also hurt for how many games...? A lot.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.