NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Who should the Jets target in the UFAs?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on March 05, 2014, 11:12:30 PM
Who should the Jets target in the UFAs?

I dont really think we will. My guess is we try to get Paul M signed up and we will continue on our path of building thru the draft and bringing players up.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

AngryGreg

DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

AngryGreg

New_Earth_Mud

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 06, 2014, 12:33:40 AM
Some teams are gonna spend

ya...im hoping the Devils go after at least 2 forwards

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 06, 2014, 12:45:36 AM
ya...im hoping the Devils go after at least 2 forwards

Who would u like to see?

AngryGreg

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on March 06, 2014, 12:51:20 AM
Who would u like to see?

wish list

Cammalleri @ 5mil
Stastny @ 6mil
Roy @ 4mil
even Heatly...but he would have to come cheap....like 3-4mil tops

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 06, 2014, 01:09:00 AM
wish list

Cammalleri @ 5mil
Stastny @ 6mil
Roy @ 4mil

Good fit i would think

AngryGreg

blue_or_die

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 06, 2014, 12:23:53 AM
tons to choose from this summer.....http://www.capgeek.com/free-agents

Thanks Gregory. Quite a good list. Normally I would agree with NEM on being quiet in the summer but there are a lot of very tempting names to boost us. I wouldn't want to build our 2014/2015 roster with a bunch of UFAs, but one high impact one would be great, even if we had to pay a little more.
#Ride?

theaardvark

How much does joker sign for?  New cap number is going to make this a sellers market, UFA will get rewarded this year.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

sweep the leg

Quote from: AngryGreg on March 06, 2014, 01:09:00 AM
wish list

Cammalleri @ 5mil
Speaking as a Pens fan, I'd love to see the Devils make these signings at those prices. Heatley is nearly finished. All he would do is make the devils even slower. Cammalleri hasn't been very good for a few seasons now. He's still a useful player, but I'd never give him $5M.

I agree that Stastny would be a good signing though. You'd finally have a #1 centre. He and Henrique would be a decent 1-2 punch at C, as Henrique looks like he's finally back on track with what he showed in his rookie season.

I think their trade for Rutuu was terrible. He's just ok when healthy, which isn't very often. Plus he has a hefty contract with a few years left on it.

AngryGreg

Ruuto is not great lol...but the Canes take 20 percent of his contract and at least the cap is going up next year.....happy to hear the stupid NHL gave us our 1st round pick back from the kovalchuk fiasco...albeit its a 30 th pick lol

AngryGreg

QuoteNEWARK, N.J. -- The NHL reduced its penalty against the New Jersey Devils on Thursday for signing Ilya Kovalchuk in 2010.

The Devils will keep the first-round draft pick they were scheduled to forfeit this year, and the league will reduce the $3 million fine assessed against the team for circumventing the NHL-NHLPA collective bargaining agreement

The Devils recently applied to the league for reconsideration and relief from a portion of the original penalty, citing primarily changes in circumstances which, in the club's view, changed the appropriateness of the sanctions.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445439