NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweep the leg

Quote from: AngryGreg on July 02, 2014, 02:03:14 PM
the booland one is pretty rough...we overpaid slightly for Cammalerri, but lou said if you want something you have to overpay and give longer term..it is what it is

the Wild got a pretty good deal for Vanek...that was his opportunity for a long, bloated contract
Yeah, I didn't think Cammalerri's was very good, but the Havlat deal was ok. Not much money for a potentially decent return.

I was happy to see the Pens re-sign Goc. He's a very good 4th line centre. The Pens really needed bottom six guys who are legit NHLers and they got a couple in Goc & Comeau. Technically Goc was a Pen last year, but he got hurt early and barely played for them. 

AngryGreg

Hawks really wanting to trade Sharp...or dump his salary, whatever youd like to call it...trying to get under the cap and make room for 2 gigantic extensions
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

Ziggy66

Philadelphia Flyers star Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa Police cell after an incident involving a police officer, sources tell the Sun.

Although few details were immediately available, a source said Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

The incident occurred at a bar in the Byward Market the source said.

Ottawa Police have refused any comment on the incident. Police said they cannot comment unless charges are laid, but several sources did confirm to the Sun Giroux spent the night in jail.

Sources say he is expected to be released without any criminal charges.

The 26-year-old Giroux was reportedly seen inside a police cruiser in Ottawa sometime around 9 p.m. on July 1. A Twitter post by shaheed09 reads "Claude Giroux in the back of a cop car downtown ottawa". it was posted to Twitter Tuesday at 9:19 p.m.

:D  oh boy. he is going to get some good razzing in the locker room.

Nic16

I guess the cop will get the last laugh as Giroux is going to hear it in the dressing room, on the ice and from the fans.

Please kids learn from this dumb-dumb move.  :-[

ModAdmin

Quote from: Ziggy66 on July 02, 2014, 03:18:25 PM
Philadelphia Flyers star Claude Giroux spent the night in an Ottawa Police cell after an incident involving a police officer, sources tell the Sun.

Although few details were immediately available, a source said Giroux was arrested for repeatedly grabbing the buttocks of a male police officer. Alcohol is believed to have been involved.

The incident occurred at a bar in the Byward Market the source said.

Ottawa Police have refused any comment on the incident. Police said they cannot comment unless charges are laid, but several sources did confirm to the Sun Giroux spent the night in jail.

Sources say he is expected to be released without any criminal charges.

The 26-year-old Giroux was reportedly seen inside a police cruiser in Ottawa sometime around 9 p.m. on July 1. A Twitter post by shaheed09 reads "Claude Giroux in the back of a cop car downtown ottawa". it was posted to Twitter Tuesday at 9:19 p.m.

:D  oh boy. he is going to get some good razzing in the locker room.

Any guesses what it will be like when he's on the ice?  50x worse, I suspect.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Colton

Mike Brown, Adam Burish, John Scott, Tye McGinn. If we combine their powers, I think you've got a solid 4th line ECHL player right there.

BlueWonder

David Legwand signed with the Ottawa Senators today.
Go Bombers!

blue_gold_84

Toews and Kane re-upped by the Hawks:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456795

The Blackhawks announced Wednesday they had reached eight-year extensions with two of their top performers... Each contract is worth $84 million for an average annual value of $10.5 million
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

SaxonMiller11

Well, Heatley is not signing with the Jets. He took a one year, $1 million deal with the Ducks.
Go Bombers!

GOLDMEMBER

Do we trade Kane now or during the year which do you think would provide the best return?

I say before the year begins.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 13, 2014, 10:28:26 PM
Do we trade Kane now or during the year which do you think would provide the best return?

I say before the year begins.

Unless the return is beneficial, we'll see Kane suit up for the Jets in a few months.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on July 13, 2014, 10:50:20 PM
Unless the return is beneficial, we'll see Kane suit up for the Jets in a few months.
i didn't mind all his antics but enoughs enough already. Either the guy has minor mental issues socially or his hottie chick is in his ear about not wanting him playing in winnipeg or both.

Dude can't control what comes out of his mouth.

Let's face it he's an enigma

blue_gold_84

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 13, 2014, 10:57:52 PM
i didn't mind all his antics but enoughs enough already. Either the guy has minor mental issues socially or his hottie chick is in his ear about not wanting him playing in winnipeg or both.

That still doesn't address my point: unless the return is good for the Jets, Cheveldayoff won't trade him unless Kane definitively says he wants out.

He's not the only pro athlete with attitude problems.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 13, 2014, 10:57:52 PM

While I'm sure he's tired of dealing with the way Winnipeggers treat him and wouldn't mind a change of scenery, half of what he says/tweets/does seems like he is just screwing with the Winnipeg media.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Colton on July 14, 2014, 12:41:46 AM
While I'm sure he's tired of dealing with the way Winnipeggers treat him and wouldn't mind a change of scenery, half of what he says/tweets/does seems like he is just screwing with the Winnipeg media.
he ain't screwing with nothing other than his own reputation! We treat him fine. He's is just high maintenance but of a diva.