NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryGreg

trading ryder and signing vrbata would really cap this day off for the devils!
DONT RUSH ME!! IM ON BLUE BOMBER TIME!!!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 01, 2014, 07:32:35 PM
Jets are in real trouble.

ya...everyone around them seemed to get better

AngryGreg

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

AngryGreg

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 02, 2014, 01:14:22 AM
ugh!

and they got him for a steal...hes no dummy, he wants a chance to win..hes already made his riches

SaxonMiller11

Iginla and Redmond to Colorado is music to this Avs fan's ears. Arguably the best top 9 in the league, even after the departure of Stastny. Wooh!
Go Bombers!

Rhapsody in Blue

Some teams may have to have a fire sale to get under the cap. Chicago and Philadelphia are both over now.

AngryGreg

from what i see Philly has 7mil in capspace still

Rhapsody in Blue

Capgeek had them a little over $1m over when I looked.

AngryGreg

Quote from: Rhapsody in Blue on July 02, 2014, 12:38:02 PM
Capgeek had them a little over $1m over when I looked.

maybe that included Pronger's salary...which comes off the books once the season starts i believe

Ziggy66

Quote from: AngryGreg on July 02, 2014, 01:28:46 PM
maybe that included Pronger's salary...which comes off the books once the season starts i believe

http://www.capgeek.com/flyers/

ya it includes Prongers. 4.9 in the math.

AngryGreg

sweep the leg

Crazy to see the ex-Penguin dmen getting those big contracts. Nearly $3M/yr for Engelland? That's crazy. Orpik got paid for his reputation. He's not the player he was a few years ago and he's going downhill fast. His style of play is breaking him down. Niskanen's deal will be ok if he can continue to play like he did last season. It's pretty risky though to pay a guy based on one good year.

The best two contracts were Richards & Ehrhoff. Both guys took way under market value. Two worst contracts were Engelland & Bolland.

AngryGreg

Quote from: sweep the leg on July 02, 2014, 01:58:41 PM
Crazy to see the ex-Penguin dmen getting those big contracts. Nearly $3M/yr for Engelland? That's crazy. Orpik got paid for his reputation. He's not the player he was a few years ago and he's going downhill fast. His style of play is breaking him down. Niskanen's deal will be ok if he can continue to play like he did last season. It's pretty risky though to pay a guy based on one good year.

The best two contracts were Richards & Ehrhoff. Both guys took way under market value. Two worst contracts were Engelland & Bolland.

the booland one is pretty rough...we overpaid slightly for Cammalerri, but lou said if you want something you have to overpay and give longer term..it is what it is

the Wild got a pretty good deal for Vanek...that was his opportunity for a long, bloated contract