The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colton

Quote from: Ziggy66 on August 26, 2012, 09:20:05 PM
Cool. So how are the graphics, physics and over all game play compared to last years madden? Is there a huge improvement or kind of just NHL style were a few things are changed or tweaked each year?

I kind of liked the way the game played, it wasn't a huge overhaul or anything like that but the game felt a little more wide open than previous games. I always felt like in Madden 12, there was still too much of a scripted feel to the game. I know anything could happen, but often times very similar results would come from certain plays whenever you ran them.

Ziggy66

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 26, 2012, 11:15:47 PM
I kind of liked the way the game played, it wasn't a huge overhaul or anything like that but the game felt a little more wide open than previous games. I always felt like in Madden 12, there was still too much of a scripted feel to the game. I know anything could happen, but often times very similar results would come from certain plays whenever you ran them.

I agree with the predictability of M12. There were always running plays where you knew it was a guarenteed 5-14 yards or passing plays where based on the DBs movement it would be a automatic pick. That being said I really enjoyed M12s Franchise mode with all the indepth features such as moving the team, creating a stadium adding upgrades to the stadium, endorsements etc.

Im huge into the franchise mode and from what you have said and what I have read regarding the madden "connected" thing kind of has me leery of purchasing it as I usually play the offline traditional franchise mode and I dont know if I am going to enjoy this "connected" careers thing as much.

Colton

I've been playing the NCAA 13 demo a bit, and it is miles ahead of Madden IMO.

The gameplay in NCAA is drastically better than it is in Madden, it makes Madden feel like an arcadey NFL Street type of game. The presentation is also EXCELLENT in NCAA 13. The partnership with ESPN has really allowed them to create a presentation unrivaled by any sports game.

If I can go online and create my team with my own imported logo, and fill it's roster with players I created online like I could in NCAA 11... there is no question that I am going to purchase this game as soon as I can tomorrow.

Chester00

black ops 2 soon! no prestiging! gonna be like starcraft an be a ladder type system where you play against poeople in yoru same ranking.

just finished the batman arkham city and asylum games for ps3. pretty awesome.

Colton

Quote from: Chester00 on August 27, 2012, 02:40:30 AM
black ops 2 soon! no prestiging! gonna be like starcraft an be a ladder type system where you play against poeople in yoru same ranking.

How is that supposed to work when playing with friends?

In Black Ops, I had a 4.1KDR, my friend had a 1.2/1.3KDR... What is the QoC if we are playing in a party?

blue_gold_84

The Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games are both incredible. So much depth, so much to do, loads of fun. Killer visuals and an awesome battle system, too.

As for Madden 13, it sounds like it'll be alright. Same with NHL 12. EA Sports hasn't exactly been wowing me with its games lately, though. Then again, EA as a whole has been choking on it for some time now.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

So_Bombed

Quote from: Chester00 on August 27, 2012, 02:40:30 AM

That sounds pretty cool but I'm just about done with COD.  Each iteration since MW2 has been worse and I don't see it turning around.

@BMW85: For parties, Starcraft 2 does it so that you have a ranking, and your buddy has a ranking, but if you play 2v2, your 2-man team gets its own ranking (mostly) unrelated to the individual rankings.

Colton

Quote from: NeverForgetGregCarr on August 27, 2012, 09:50:13 PM
That sounds pretty cool but I'm just about done with COD.  Each iteration since MW2 has been worse and I don't see it turning around.

@BMW85: For parties, Starcraft 2 does it so that you have a ranking, and your buddy has a ranking, but if you play 2v2, your 2-man team gets its own ranking (mostly) unrelated to the individual rankings.

Meh, I don't really care since even if I do pick it up it will only be played a few weekends here and there when I'm either not out doing something, or am tired of other games.

I find CoD games to be nothing but a bunch of individuals running around doing their own thing. No fun at all IMO and there is absolutely no challenge whatsoever. You can use any weapon in the game and try out any stupid tactic you can think up and it's still highly possible to finish with a 30K 5D type result in TDM.

Colton

So uh... This looks possibly even more amazing then the original was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGsTbBSyF0&feature=g-all-u

I'm likely going to end up buying 2 copies of this game just so I can play with friends on Console and PC.

Duckman118

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 31, 2012, 10:17:00 PM
So uh... This looks possibly even more amazing then the original was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmGsTbBSyF0&feature=g-all-u

I'm likely going to end up buying 2 copies of this game just so I can play with friends on Console and PC.
It looks way better than the first for sure.
And don't even bother buying Blops 2. Get Halo 4 if you want an actual quality shooter with an in depth campaign and arguably the best multiplayer on console.
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Colton

Quote from: Duckman118 on August 31, 2012, 11:33:09 PM
It looks way better than the first for sure.
And don't even bother buying Blops 2. Get Halo 4 if you want an actual quality shooter with an in depth campaign and arguably the best multiplayer on console.

CoD and Halo are Faaaar from quality shooters IMO. I would call them horrible video games that still provide decent entertainment.

If I want a quality shooter, I'll play a game like Half-Life or Bioshock.

I also disagree with your other point. CoD and Halo are the worst multiplayer games on consoles IMO. Absolutely vile fanbases and community, everything that is wrong with human beings filters though the speakers of your headset on a minute by minute basis. You then get into a game and run around as individuals just trying to get the best score in a team based game.

So_Bombed

Halo 3 was the best online multiplayer game I've ever played, and MW2 not far behind.  As for listening to the other people online, i'm always in party chat when I play so I don't have to deal with it.

Unfortunately both series have taken a turn for the worse in the last couple iterations.

Colton

Quote from: NeverForgetGregCarr on September 01, 2012, 01:43:53 AM
Halo 3 was the best online multiplayer game I've ever played, and MW2 not far behind.  As for listening to the other people online, i'm always in party chat when I play so I don't have to deal with it.

Unfortunately both series have taken a turn for the worse in the last couple iterations.

You clearly don't play very many games :P

Duckman118

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on September 01, 2012, 01:46:35 AM
You clearly don't play very many games :P
No clearly you blindly hate.
MW2 and Halo 3 were the absolute best shooters of their times.
And although CoD is getting worse, Halo is getting way better. Read this article and watch the video. If you still think that is bad, you are blindly hating...
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/31/halo-4-new-capture-the-flag-tweaks-send-wargames-into-exile
"There is a conviction,
when you believe above,
absence leaks from inside,
and brings you back to life again,
I fear an emptiness,
so I just seek the truth,
then I just find myself,
coming back to you."

-Texas In July

Ziggy66

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on September 01, 2012, 01:39:33 AM
CoD and Halo are Faaaar from quality shooters IMO. I would call them horrible video games that still provide decent entertainment.

If I want a quality shooter, I'll play a game like Half-Life or Bioshock.

I also disagree with your other point. CoD and Halo are the worst multiplayer games on consoles IMO. Absolutely vile fanbases and community, everything that is wrong with human beings filters though the speakers of your headset on a minute by minute basis. You then get into a game and run around as individuals just trying to get the best score in a team based game.

:D maybe good story lines but not good shooters..........
Have to agree that COD and Halo are the best multiplayer games out there and have the most competitive community unless you are on PSN then the multiplayer is trash.