The GAMING Thread

Started by blue_gold_84, August 16, 2012, 12:48:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

Just came out yesterday. It's more or less Grand Theft Auto but set in a real world locale (Hong Kong)... Solid story, lots of character development, exciting and realistic battle system, simple yet effective upgrade system, and good visuals/sounds. Overall, I'm very impressed with how it plays. Lots of fun. Similar theme to the Yakuza series on PS2 and PS3.

If you like sandbox style action/adventure games with beat 'em up and basic RPG elements, I recommend checking out this game.

Now I'm gonna go back to playing it. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Colton

I'm playing Ocarina of Time as this downloads :D I was actually just going to change the topic title of that Day Z thread to a general gaming thread to talk about this :P

I believe this game was actually being developed as a sequel to the True Crime series but when SE acquired it, they decided to take it in a slightly different direction.

From what I have seen, I really love how much is on the screen at all times, I've always hated the vehicle/road/building pop-in that games like GTA and SR seem to suffer from.

Colton

Finally finished downloading (Would have been done earlier if my PC would stop going to sleep despite my usual bypass for that) to find out that Hi-Res textures is free DLC, that takes up just under 4 gigs of disk space...

Still not as bad as Max Payne 3 I guess :/

So_Bombed

Saw BMW85's idea of starting up a general gaming thread and thought it was a great idea.

Personally I'm excited for Resident Evil 6 and Halo 4.  OH and the new Starcraft 2 expansion/sequel... I'm still killing it online in SC2 two years after release, it will be nice to get some new stuff to play with.

ModAdmin

I stickied the thread for now to make it easier to locate.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Colton

Sweet.

I'm waiting for Starbound, been following the development of it for a while now. Borderlands 2 should also be a blast.

I have a bunch of games I have wanted to play for a while now, but I'm waiting until I go back to school so I have something to keep me awake during lectures :D Bastion, Unmechanical, BIT.TRIP.RUNNER, Botanicula, Lone Survivor, Machinarium, Samorost 2, Superbrothers: S&S, and Trine 2 should keep me busy for a while :P

I'd list what I'm currently playing but I keep switching :P I've got Max Payne 3, Windwaker, Ocarina of Time, Mario Sunshine, Hitman: BM, and of course a bunch of games I play for the online aspect (NHL, Madden, BFBC2, CoD(Reluctantly))

Sir Blue and Gold

Hey sweet. This is awesome.

I'm pretty much exclusively a PC gamer though. Love PC games. Have the other consoles but barely ever play them

Kinda nerdy - but does anyone have guild wars 2 preordered like me?

Colton

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 16, 2012, 03:53:20 AM

I'm pretty much exclusively a PC gamer though. Love PC games. Have the other consoles but barely ever play them

I'm waiting for Torchlight 2 after the disappointment that was Diablo 3. I'm not exactly sure why Blizzard decided to take everything that was fun about Diablo 2 and remove it completely, but from the gameplay around Act II of Hell on, I am assuming it had something to do with the Auction House. It just seemed liked Blizzard decided their idea of fun was the only way they were going to allow anyone to play the game, and unfortunately their idea of fun sucks and has zero replayability which is the biggest thing needed in Diablo games.

SynysterGates

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 16, 2012, 03:53:20 AM

lol yup i've got GW2 preordered ready and waiting for August 25th...speaking of kinda nerdy I even have an NPC named after one of my characters in GW1
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

Colton

Quote from: SynysterGates on August 16, 2012, 05:25:05 AM
lol yup i've got GW2 preordered ready and waiting for August 25th...speaking of kinda nerdy I even have an NPC named after one of my characters in GW1

Nice. Looking at the PSN in your signature, I think I have you as a friend but I could have sworn you were someone I added after a random encounter in a game I forget :D

On a gaming related note, I've been working throughout the summer before I go back to school and I haven't really spent anything since I started. I'm looking at Newegg and seriously considering a GTX 670 or a HD 7970 :P

SynysterGates

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 16, 2012, 05:57:58 AM
Nice. Looking at the PSN in your signature, I think I have you as a friend but I could have sworn you were someone I added after a random encounter in a game I forget :D

On a gaming related note, I've been working throughout the summer before I go back to school and I haven't really spent anything since I started. I'm looking at Newegg and seriously considering a GTX 670 or a HD 7970 :P

yup i've got you added on ps3...I barely go on there anymore other than to play Rock Band (still busy with my steam summer sale games)...and yup GTX 670 is going into this computer once I get around to finishing building it
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

Colton

Quote from: SynysterGates on August 16, 2012, 06:29:29 AM
yup i've got you added on ps3...I barely go on there anymore other than to play Rock Band (still busy with my steam summer sale games)...and yup GTX 670 is going into this computer once I get around to finishing building it

I bought just under 30 games and the only one I've really gotten around to playing is Max Payne 3 :D

SynysterGates

Quote from: XxBMW85xX on August 16, 2012, 06:41:41 AM
I bought just under 30 games and the only one I've really gotten around to playing is Max Payne 3 :D

lol I didn't buy quite that many but some solid ones like Alan Wake (need to finish building this computer to run it well) and Metro 2033
PSN=BleedBlueAndGold

Colton

Quote from: SynysterGates on August 16, 2012, 06:47:28 AM
lol I didn't buy quite that many but some solid ones like Alan Wake (need to finish building this computer to run it well) and Metro 2033

Nice, I was thinking about Metro 2033 but I had already bought too many other games :P I ended up picking up quite a few cheap indie games, some old console favorites (Bioshock pack, Red Faction pack, GTA Pack, Borderlands, Just Cause 2), and some games I had always wanted to play but never got around to (New Vegas, Bulletstorm, Hitman: BM, Mafia 2, Fable/Fable III, Dead Space 1 & 2)

jayrock

I have an atari 2600 and 20+ games in the garage if any old school game wants to make me an offer. the boss lady wants it gone....arggg.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG