Elks at Als GDT Sunday 6PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 24, 2024, 10:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

I know it will never happen, but it would be interesting to allow teams to make a limited "No Ref" clause for home games.  A list of either certain ref's they would allow, or an exclusion list of ref's they won't allow.

If the "no fly zone" for a certain ref/crew includes all teams homes stadia, kinda makes the leagues decision for them whether to fire a ref/crew...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on August 26, 2024, 03:23:17 PMI know it will never happen, but it would be interesting to allow teams to make a limited "No Ref" clause for home games.  A list of either certain ref's they would allow, or an exclusion list of ref's they won't allow.

Great idea.  Make it more like selecting a jury.  Each team gets X vetoes (like X=1 or 2 or 3; even 1 might be enough).  But it would apply to home and away games.  Maybe exclude head-refs, as they are severely limited in number.

The 2 or 4 (or whatever) combined officials that are vetoed don't work that game.

Then we could exclude #22 from working any of our games the remainder of the season.  I don't want to see that clown's face anywhere blue & gold again.

It also could help the league identify weak, bogus, or compromised officials: if 75% of the league vetoes #22, well then that should tell you something about #22! -- he shouldn't be working in the CFL!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 26, 2024, 01:08:30 AMYa!  Home run on those MTL alternate jerseys!!  Most alternates are hot garbage, but these are superb.  Maybe too much white for a home jersey, though...

I like the triangle logo, too.  I assume that's a throwback in some way?
I don't mind the white at home. It is like they are throwing up the white flag and surrendering at home, which is perfect. :)
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!