Elks at Als GDT Sunday 6PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 24, 2024, 10:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: The Zipp on August 26, 2024, 02:03:14 AMLove ya Goldie!!

Perfect week for the Big Blue!
back at yah sir! Beauty week!

Bring on those Greenies!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

J5V

I'm usually pretty optimistic so why do I feel like we're going to get screwed again in Regina? Hopefully it's just a ghosted image of those phantom calls from the last time we played there.
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on August 26, 2024, 12:03:29 AMEdmonton is for real.

I don't know... haven't you noticed every team seems to have their day, and sometimes against teams that they 100% should lose to.

HAM had that 500Y 5TD game... We've clobbered BC.  SSK has looked great at times.  CGY beat BC.  TOR/MTL have taken turns sucking.  It's just that kind of year.

One thing is for sure, having the Ford fire under his butt has made MBT much better.
Never go full Rider!

Throw Long Bannatyne

U of M grad Gavin Cobb is the kind of returner I'd hoped Cody Case could be but is not.  His ELC with the Elks expires this off-season, a good chance for Kyle Walters to bring him back to Wpg.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on August 26, 2024, 12:23:52 AMMost credit for Elks turnaround. Goes to Boris Bede

Haha... what if Bede was put up to missing all those FGs that day........ hmmm
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: J5V on August 26, 2024, 02:07:16 AMI'm usually pretty optimistic so why do I feel like we're going to get screwed again in Regina? Hopefully it's just a ghosted image of those phantom calls from the last time we played there.
riders are getting those calls back at them this year. Or are they? lol

Last LDC was a very frustrating ending. The Bombers has so many chances to clinch that win and didn't. Referees sucked indeed from what I remember to.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 26, 2024, 12:49:37 AMYou really think the Elks can catch the Bombers?

Quote from: The Zipp on August 26, 2024, 12:53:50 AMYou never know - the 2 games against them will be huge but I don't want any chance.  The west is wacky this year.  I think Calgary is going to fall back and whither.

You think we can take any West team lightly this season?  Have you seen our 6GIR and our always-iffy O production?

A couple of Ls by us and a couple of Ws by EDM and we're basically tied.  I think EDM is still the worst team in the W, but someone needs to remind EDM that!  Right now they believe they can win, and thus they are dangerous.  And they have two pretty decent QBs right now...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 26, 2024, 01:11:12 AMSpieker - quite the catch

Ya, I should have guessed Cody would have synergy with the GC Rs and not Rambo.  I put Rambo in fantasy because of his past few weeks of being dominant, but Cody barely knows or notices him.  Sigh.

Then again, I would never have guessed Spieker would be the fantasy vulture!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: The Zipp on August 26, 2024, 01:25:03 AMJarious thinking with his heart and not head on that challenge

Is "going through a receiver" not a thing anymore?  Why didn't they call DPI?  That INT-guy really disrupted a sitting-down MTL R.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 26, 2024, 01:08:30 AMYa!  Home run on those MTL alternate jerseys!!  Most alternates are hot garbage, but these are superb.  Maybe too much white for a home jersey, though...

I like the triangle logo, too.  I assume that's a throwback in some way?

From the 70's, maybe even early 80's

ichabod_crane

Quote from: pdirks67 on August 26, 2024, 01:29:57 AMI actually really like these two as a broadcast crew. Lapo needs to cool his jets a bit, but he adds something to the game, for me. Much prefer him to Suitor. 

Yeah Suitor seems to have forgotten the clock stops on an incomplete pass in the last 3 minutes of the game! :D Maybe too distracted thinking about his man crush for Keith Urban!! :D ;)

ichabod_crane

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 26, 2024, 01:59:35 AMLovin' all the SCTV references lately.  Gen-x/boomers represent!

Bob & Doug Mckenzie brothers. The Schmenge Ukrainian brothers... CLASSICS! :D Johnny Larue, Edith Prickley, Sammy Maudlin, Lola Heatherton, Mr Roarke (Da Boss!) & PATOO from Fantasy Island!! :D "WHEN YOU DRIVE A CORDOBA...FINE CORINTHIAN LEATHER!" ;) Loved that show. John Candy...may he rest in peace.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on August 26, 2024, 02:07:16 AMI'm usually pretty optimistic so why do I feel like we're going to get screwed again in Regina? Hopefully it's just a ghosted image of those phantom calls from the last time we played there.

Surely the ref-pickers will not allow #22 to ref that game!  Hopefully not Proulx either.  I like Proulx, but our last @SSK game left a bad taste in my mouth.

We will have the advantage of having maybe 1000 blue fans in the stands for LDC.  You can't rip off WPG as badly when you'll start hearing clearly audible boos.

I think it'll be fine.  I will hope for Major or Kroeker.
Never go full Rider!

ModAdmin

Kroeker appears to be one on the most skilled officials.  I also like Proulx even though he has had a few seemingly missteps this season.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

I was screaming at the screen near the end for EDM to keep dinking & dunking.  ~17s left from their 19 and 3 shots?  You don't throw into the EZ on MTL!!  Holy, doesn't Jarius watch GCs and MTL's games?!

You aren't getting a ~25-30Y completion on Ento and Dequoy.  You just aren't!  Don't try!  Look at how ground-pounding was winning the game for EDM and then they try to win by playing into MTL's biggest strength?

I'm not saying you have to only run there, but run + short game that was winning all night would have a far better shot of getting the W.

But I'm very happy with this outcome: got the pickem and East racks up another win for us!!  WE'RE THE ONLY WEST TEAM TO WIN THIS WEEK BABY!  8)
Never go full Rider!