Elks at Als GDT Sunday 6PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, August 24, 2024, 10:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Let's keep this party rolling and a Als win here keeps the EEs at bay behind us.
Is Ford back yet?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

pdirks67

You cannot view this attachment.

pdirks67

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 24, 2024, 10:41:38 AMLet's keep this party rolling and a Als win here keeps the EEs at bay behind us.
Is Ford back yet?

Doesn't look like it. He was limited all week at practice and is listed as "Doubtful" on the injury report.

The Elks haven't posted their depth chart on their website yet.

gobombersgo

All-star REC Austin Mack, QB Cody Fajardo return to Alouettes' starting lineup vs. Elks
By 3Down Staff -August 24, 2024

One of the most potent duos of the 2023 CFL seasons will be back in action on Sunday in Montreal.

All-star receiver Austin Mack, who returned to the team earlier this week after a stint with the NFL's Atlanta Falcons, will be in the starting lineup against the Edmonton Elks and will be joined by his quarterback Cody Fajardo, who is making his return from injury.

Mack recorded 78 receptions for 1,154 yards and four touchdowns with the Alouettes in 2023 — most of it courtesy of Fajardo. He was a key part of the Als' CFL championship run, making 13 catches for 185 yards and two touchdowns, including a 104-yard performance in the Grey Cup.

Fajardo was the MVP of that game in his first season in Montreal and was off to a hot start in 2024, before missing the last four games with a hamstring injury. Through the first six contests, he threw for 1,636 yards, 10 touchdowns, and only four interceptions.

Davis Alexander, who has thrown for 972 yards, six touchdowns, and one interception while steering the Alouettes to four victories, will once again serve as the team's backup. American receiver Reggie White Jr. has been demoted to the practice roster to make room for Mack.

Defensively, the surprise move is the relegation of veteran cornerback Nafees Lyon to the practice squad. In seven starts this season, the 27-year-old has recorded 25 defensive tackles and an interception. Dionte Ruffin will take over at boundary corner, with Bryce Cosby moving to field halfback and Titus Wall garnering his first start of the season at strong-side linebacker.

Among the other moves, American linebacker Bryce Notree will be a healthy scratch and Canadian defensive back Tysen-Otis Copeland (abdomen) has been placed on the six-game injured list. Canadian defensive end Anthony Federico, American linebacker K.D. Davis, and American offensive lineman Donny Ventrelli will all draw into the lineup in depth roles.

The Montreal Alouettes (9-1) will host the Edmonton Elks (3-7) on Sunday, August 25 at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/24/all-star-rec-austin-mack-qb-cody-fajardo-return-to-alouettes-starting-lineup-vs-elks/

gobombersgo

RB Kevin Brown returns, Javon Leake out for Elks in Montreal
By 3Down Staff -August 24, 2024

The Edmonton Elks will have a shake-up in the backfield when they take on the Montreal Alouettes on Sunday.

Electric running back and returner Javon Leake (hip) has been placed on the injured list this week after going down early in last week's rout of Hamilton. The CFL's reigning Most Outstanding Special Teams Player has established himself as a weapon on offence while starting the last three games, carrying the ball 60 times for 398 yards and five touchdowns. He has also added 20 receptions for 161 yards.

Fortunately for the Elks, starting running back Kevin Brown is ready to return to the lineup after sitting out the past few weeks with a shoulder injury. The 27-year-old has rushed 54 times for 221 yards while catching 21 passes for 132 yards in seven games this season, but had a breakout 2023 in which he ran for 1,141 yards and four touchdowns.

Defensively, the team will be without veteran safety Loucheiz Purifoy (thigh). The 31-year-old has notched 27 defensive tackles, three special teams tackles, a sack, and an interception in nine games this year. Derrick Moncrief is expected to roll over the top to free safety, while Leon O'Neal Jr. steps back in at strong-side linebacker.

Also missing from the lineup this week are offensive lineman Phil Grohovac (chest) and defensive back Jake Taylor (head). Jakub Szott will step in as the seventh o-lineman, while American DB J.J. Ross dresses for the first time and Canadian DB Jeremie Dominique also comes in as insurance.

Canadian quarterback Tre Ford (chest) was limited all week in practice and will sit out a second straight game, with McLeod Bethel-Thompson continuing to start under centre.

The Edmonton Elks (3-7) will visit the Montreal Alouettes (9-1) on Sunday, August 25 at 7:00 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/08/24/rb-kevin-brown-returns-javon-leake-out-for-elks-in-montreal/

The Zipp

This will be a tough one for Edmonton - no leake, no Ford..a very strong Als team wearing some sweet jerseys. 

The games against Calgary for Edmonton are going to be massive in the standings.  Hopefully Leake and Ford will be back for them.  I am thinking Calgary is gonna be the last place team in the west.

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

Get your popcorn it is chatty Cathy Lapo. :D

Take a drink everytime Lapo says "it is what we call..."

GOLDMEMBER

Hopefully Jar Jar Doe makes an appearance.

GOLDMEMBER

Weak call on Mack to start. Refs are laundry happy already.

GOLDMEMBER

One handed catch Lapo. Get ur eyes checked.

GOLDMEMBER

GOLDMEMBER

J5V

Yup. Elks kicking the little birdies butts so far.
Go Bombers!