Couch sitters to look at

Started by TecnoGenius, June 15, 2024, 09:37:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Griller

Quote from: Pigskin on June 19, 2024, 10:56:36 PMI think he took a number of undisciplined penalties. 

I don't think he did.  He was pretty disciplined iirc.  I think it was a few other guys.

kkc60

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 19, 2024, 10:22:40 PMAll of the above are possible. We don't know if Fox will come off the 6 game IR early, we don't know how Woods will do. I say we, the organization will know more.

However, getting a player in free agency in Feb would have been easy and let the best win out.

I think the team was high on Woods. Even if that's true we need another player for the PR.
I agree, definitely need at least one EDGE for the PR, and a DT too would be nice (assuming Samson and Woods make the AR)

TecnoGenius

Quote from: kkc60 on June 19, 2024, 10:17:14 PMcould just be simply he's good enough to play but not good enough to supplant any other teams initial plans at DT. Could be a good fill in although i'd prefer to see investments at returner, defensive end or on the OL (Rice, specifically) instead, unless Woods can't do much.

100% this.  That is precisely the couch-sitter type we should be going after.  Vets, can play as soon as they get here (see: Titus Wall dressing for MTL this week!), not as good as the stars so they often get cut, and are eminently affordable.

Christmas was making plays in SSK.  He wasn't top-tier stuff, but certainly as good as half the DL we've dressed since IGF opened.  I still would grab a DE before a DT, but we have a big need at both.

Quote from: Pigskin on June 19, 2024, 10:56:36 PMI think he took a number of undisciplined penalties.

I don't remember that at all.  Maybe the odd O/S?  It was more Marino that was the bad boy.  IIRC he was more a quiet guy who just went about his business.  Kind of like Peach.  Perfect MOS locker room material.
Never go full Rider!

Waffler

On the coaches show someone called and asked about some training camp cuts, Rivers being one, and MOS replied "we are not there yet". Means to me that is where we will be getting bodies if the need arises.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: kkc60 on June 19, 2024, 10:17:14 PMcould just be simply he's good enough to play but not good enough to supplant any other teams initial plans at DT. Could be a good fill in although i'd prefer to see investments at returner, defensive end or on the OL (Rice, specifically) instead, unless Woods can't do much.

From what I recall Christmas was a huge player but not in a muscular way, he might be an effective plug DT but won't contribute much else, and I'd question his conditioning and stamina. 

Woods showed in the preseason he was qualified to play, have absolutely no worries about what he can contribute.  He's another DT, I think they need more help at DE.

Hubert would be an extra long-shot in my estimation, it's pretty rare that a Natl. DE coming out of CIS can help out first year, as we saw with Anthony Bennett last season.

kkc60

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 20, 2024, 03:52:39 PMFrom what I recall Christmas was a huge player but not in a muscular way, he might be an effective plug DT but won't contribute much else, and I'd question his conditioning and stamina. 

Woods showed in the preseason he was qualified to play, have absolutely no worries about what he can contribute.  He's another DT, I think they need more help at DE.

Hubert would be an extra long-shot in my estimation, it's pretty rare that a Natl. DE coming out of CIS can help out first year, as we saw with Anthony Bennett last season.
Hubert is going to be very interesting tomorrow. I'm sure his snaps will be tightly managed. Most of the front will probably be Fayad/An off-ball LB- Adams-Thomas-Jefferson

Jesse

Quote from: kkc60 on June 20, 2024, 04:00:23 PMHubert is going to be very interesting tomorrow. I'm sure his snaps will be tightly managed. Most of the front will probably be Fayad/An off-ball LB- Adams-Thomas-Jefferson

Adam's playing DE with Woods listed as starting DT.
My wife is amazing!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: kkc60 on June 20, 2024, 04:00:23 PMHubert is going to be very interesting tomorrow. I'm sure his snaps will be tightly managed. Most of the front will probably be Fayad/An off-ball LB- Adams-Thomas-Jefferson

I think we'll see a lot of Schmeck and deservedly so, he's been a pleasant surprise so far.

kkc60

Quote from: Jesse on June 20, 2024, 04:03:27 PMAdam's playing DE with Woods listed as starting DT.
at 6'2, 290 against a very mobile QB, I hope not for too many snaps. Early on and running downs maybe.