Blue Bombers Transactions - June 2, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, June 02, 2024, 02:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Slingin Sammy on June 02, 2024, 02:35:02 PMSurprised Rivers wasn't kept on PR.  Who do we have as our backup Import D End?  Did we keep Garbut?

Ya, Rivers was looking good in PS, and was being touted by many here.  Weird.

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on June 02, 2024, 02:30:09 PMI totally agree. Very disappointed with this crop of import talent at multiple positions. I don't know what people saw at practice but as far as game action goes, it is a failing grade. Time will tell...

I just said the same thing on the pre-GDT.  Very odd we haven't found one in a few seasons (Schoen being the last).  Danny & Goveia losing their touch?  Or was it Rigmaiden the whole time...
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: bwiser on June 02, 2024, 02:27:07 PMI kind of was surprised that Chris Ivy was out right released.

Ya, Ivy was being eyed up as "the guy", and it was his job to lose vs Lofton.  Like Richmond, we spend a lot of time dev'ing these guys and giving them tons of chances just for them to fail and be cut.

So on the one hand I'm surprised because I thought we had high hopes, but on the other I'm not because this has been our M.O. for much of the Mafia years.  Is it just we are bad at quickly identifying the lack of talent, or is it that we just don't have anyone that looks better?  Either way: disappointing.

Oh ya, and that kills the 3-IMP OL idea!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BomberFan73 on June 02, 2024, 04:29:01 PMWait, so right now if Mcghee is on the PR, who takes Parkers spot?  Bridges/Bonds beat out McGhee there?

No law says we can't tweak the AR between now and the night before game 1.  Who knows who the final starters will be... so many alleged injuries, so many questions, so much uncertainty with the rookies.  DT et al have pegged McGhee at the Parker spot, and so have I.

Quote from: Pete on June 03, 2024, 02:14:32 AMbased on preseason, it was less a case of Bond/Bridges beating out Mcphee, and more a case of Mcphee just getting beat.

The Nanny?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 02, 2024, 08:18:53 PMI was just looking at the stats for Maruo and he had 20 ST's over 3 seasons. He also had some work on defence. Not sure why he wasn't retained for TC 2024.

Finally, someone agreeing with me.  Maruo should have been a shoe-in for a GLOB spot!  No explanation why he just disappeared.  Hard to tell with the GLOBs as, like you said, their life/travel is far more complicated than for a NAT or even an IMP.  They may just get sick of all that effort for so little pay.

He had a whackton of live snaps on D and was never a free bingo spot to pick on.  Also dressed and playing in the post-season/GC.  Here 3 years.  In 2023 he was faaaar more useful and effective than Hansen.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 02, 2024, 06:02:06 PMI wonder if the CFL has had an uptick in  Australian viewers in the last 4 years?

Ya, they doubled the AUS viewership from 4 to 8!!  (Kidding, I welcome any Ozzie fans!!)
Never go full Rider!

DM83

:) I didn't think Ford looked very exceptional on the field. Last game.  If he wasn't Canadian I doubt he would be here. Doesn't appear to like contact. Does it look like the Bombers are hoping some of the new guys can play, because, didn't look like any keepers.  The punt return guy made a nice run....but they cut him. I understand he was injured:(. Maybe they bring him back later.

It was an exhibition game, but when the weather warning  came up we left. ( We have seasons tickets, but ...yikes no one stood out. ) We were competitive and  new guys had a chance to show their stuff....I guess.

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 03, 2024, 08:40:42 AMFinally, someone agreeing with me.  Maruo should have been a shoe-in for a GLOB spot!  No explanation why he just disappeared.  Hard to tell with the GLOBs as, like you said, their life/travel is far more complicated than for a NAT or even an IMP.  They may just get sick of all that effort for so little pay.

He had a whackton of live snaps on D and was never a free bingo spot to pick on.  Also dressed and playing in the post-season/GC.  Here 3 years.  In 2023 he was faaaar more useful and effective than Hansen.

Ya, they doubled the AUS viewership from 4 to 8!!  (Kidding, I welcome any Ozzie fans!!)

Mauro like Hansen was eligible for an increase from the original global ELC deal. Like Hansen he may have wanted a $20K bump? Noting that Hansen wasn't retained either. As I've said / wondered before, is a global player better than an import choice on an ELC if not for the mandated space on the roster.

I've said it in the last couple of days. Is Karamoko or the 2 global players on the PR better than any alternative Canadian or import we might have kept?

I'm surprised we choose we roster 2 global players on the AR as a starting point. It's not impossible that Karamoko actually won his roster spot.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: DM83 on June 03, 2024, 12:09:42 PM:) I didn't think Ford looked very exceptional on the field. Last game.  If he wasn't Canadian I doubt he would be here. Doesn't appear to like contact. Does it look like the Bombers are hoping some of the new guys can play, because, didn't look like any keepers.  The punt return guy made a nice run....but they cut him. I understand he was injured:(. Maybe they bring him back later.

It was an exhibition game, but when the weather warning  came up we left. ( We have seasons tickets, but ...yikes no one stood out. ) We were competitive and  new guys had a chance to show their stuff....I guess.

Did a ball even get thrown his way?

LXTSN

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on June 03, 2024, 08:43:35 PMDid a ball even get thrown his way?
He might have seen the wrong Ford on the field.

Blue In BC

I saw a comment on Facebook that Kelly and Garbutt were listed as DNP. That might suggest they are headed to 1 game IR on a short practice week?

Also saw on CFL.CA that import OL Coleman was deleted from roster. I take that to mean clearing space for somebody to be added from AR or a pick up of a cut from another team?

Rosters are always changing a bit to start the season.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Quote from: LXTSN on June 03, 2024, 08:56:45 PMHe might have seen the wrong Ford on the field.

DM is almost certainly confusing #2 IMP Ford with #?? NAT Ford.  I didn't notice NAT Ford at all, whereas #2 IMP Ford was getting picked on and making tackles all night.

I think our NAT Ford will be just fine.
Never go full Rider!

CrazyCanuck89

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 04, 2024, 07:54:43 AMDM is almost certainly confusing #2 IMP Ford with #?? NAT Ford.  I didn't notice NAT Ford at all, whereas #2 IMP Ford was getting picked on and making tackles all night.

I think our NAT Ford will be just fine.

I believe Tyrell is #30 this year.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on June 04, 2024, 04:18:06 PMI believe Tyrell is #30 this year.

Oh ya!  Easy to remember: My fave number AND the number of my prev favorite DB: Rose.

I think NAT Ford is going to be great for us this year, and give us a ton of ratio flexibility.
Never go full Rider!