NHL Discussion (Other than Jets)

Started by AngryGreg, January 26, 2014, 04:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jockitch

Mad Marchand gets 2 games & forfeits $$ .......... very disappointed in the decision but not surprised.
This guy is a repeat offender of a variety of "errors in judgement of fair play" ....... what are the decision makers thinking.
...... so my Q. is ........ if a non past offender, such as Morrissey, does the same, does he get ZERO for punishment ??
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jersey

We did it. Finally!!!!!  For Oilers they met my expectations as making playoffs was something that was on horizon even though many doubted.

This year is great learning curve for us. Playoffs is bonus and no matter how we do
we can be proud and take much needed experience into next season for a true cup run.

Anything can happen but I don't see a cup in our future this year as we have over half our roster never in playoffs...5th youngest in nhl. Just go out and play your best and let's see what happens :) go oil go. Cheering em as far as they can go. Surge Of Orange is coming. Oilers are wearing orange and so are fans for playoffs. Seriously can't wait for loudest fans in playoffs back!!! Last time we made playoffs we broke DB records and media from everywhere calling it louder then anything heard in Chicago stadium. I'll be in Edmonton this week for first round. Eeeek

Edmonton will have new look next year orange jerseys as home. They want new era with new arena and McDavid.

Good luck to everyone's team in playoffs. This is fun part of the year
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB

Quote from: Jersey on April 10, 2017, 12:19:32 PM
We did it. Finally!!!!!  For Oilers they met my expectations as making playoffs was something that was on horizon even though many doubted.

This year is great learning curve for us. Playoffs is bonus and no matter how we do
we can be proud and take much needed experience into next season for a true cup run.

Anything can happen but I don't see a cup in our future this year as we have over half our roster never in playoffs...5th youngest in nhl. Just go out and play your best and let's see what happens :) go oil go. Cheering em as far as they can go. Surge Of Orange is coming. Oilers are wearing orange and so are fans for playoffs. Seriously can't wait for loudest fans in playoffs back!!! Last time we made playoffs we broke DB records and media from everywhere calling it louder then anything heard in Chicago stadium. I'll be in Edmonton this week for first round. Eeeek

Edmonton will have new look next year orange jerseys as home. They want new era with new arena and McDavid.

Good luck Jersey should be a blast in Edmonton! I think they have a good shot to beat SJ, I hope they do well. I heard the ticket prices were absurd in EDM any truth to that?

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on April 10, 2017, 12:19:32 PM

Good luck. Wish we had been able to hit the playoffs on a stronger note, but nothing can be done about that now. We were a 3rd seed last year and it worked out alright. Just hope everyone is ready to go for game 1. Make sure to cheer extra loud for all of Burnsies goals for me. ;)

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jockitch

Canucks led the league in Man games Lost ......... Desjardins had a very unenviable position & yet I thought they won a fair share.
Team started the year from a minimal strong position ......... Linden & especially their GM, Benning are the underachievers IMO.

Oilers have a very good chance vs the extremely rudderless, in the recent 15 or so games, Sharks.  Maroon & Draisaitl need to keep achieving.
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

ModAdmin

Desjardins paid the price for some really questionable management.  Can't see the Canuck improving dramatically next year either.  They are pretty much committed (or should be) to a complete rebuild.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Old Rusty

Quote from: The Fresh Prince Of Belair, MB on April 10, 2017, 01:40:22 PM
Good luck Jersey should be a blast in Edmonton! I think they have a good shot to beat SJ, I hope they do well. I heard the ticket prices were absurd in EDM any truth to that?

I think Edmonton will take down SJ.   Good luck to them!

And, good luck to Washington, Montreal, Calgary (I predict this series will be chock full of fights), and Ottawa.
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

theaardvark

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Lombardi, Sutter out; Blake and Robitaille promoted: http://www.tsn.ca/kings-fire-sutter-lombardi-promote-robitaille-blake-1.721029

It'll be interesting to see who they look at to replace Sutter, not to mention where he ends up next.

Ruff also gone in Dallas (his contract was not renewed): https://www.nhl.com/news/lindy-ruff-out-as-dallas-stars-coach/c-288607106

I can't imagine he'll be unemployed for long.

And Button has Nolan Patrick going first overall in the draft: http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-goes-no-1-in-tsn-s-post-season-mock-draft-1.720569
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Jersey

Quote from: Colton on April 10, 2017, 04:19:19 PM
Good luck. Wish we had been able to hit the playoffs on a stronger note, but nothing can be done about that now. We were a 3rd seed last year and it worked out alright. Just hope everyone is ready to go for game 1. Make sure to cheer extra loud for all of Burnsies goals for me. ;)
Lmao. Nooooo haha. I think we have a good chance to make a good run. Then I hate thinking that because we lack in experience.
I have Oil to win in 5 VS SJ.

Colton what do you got SJ to win in?  Let's be real we ain't going against our team's. Lol. Have fun VS McD and Drai eh 😉. Will have fun VS Burns 😡 he's so good. It'll be interesting to see if sj or any team for that matter gives McDavid lil shots here n there. That's only way to try n get him off his game because I don't see anybody slowing him down. He does everything in top flight. But it's also his first go. So this is gonna be interesting. Good Luck today but not tmrw.

Oilers tickets.
Oh don't even get me started. First off tixs where gone for all 4 games first rnd in 5 mins. Only 400 tixs went on sale for each game. So lost out on that. Secondary is only way to go
Some Oil fans where mad. Tixs where from $99 to 460.00. So now on secondary sites You can't sit anywhere near front row for less then $900.00 up to 2,200.00 Hold on, let me take out a loan 😂

To sit upper deck most tixs going from 500 to 600. There is few ticks you can find at 400 each for row 12 upper deck. I'm In. Lol.

Excitement.
The city is paying extra $60,000 dollars for police for after games to make sure parties are safe on streets. Watch we get swept eh. No parties, lol. It can't go down like that though 😡  Downtown and whyte ave are the two destinations. They figure downtown because of ice district although nothing will be ready until 2019 opening. But lots of bars near Rogers Place these days! 
'Orange Crush' is slogan for playoffs as Oilers asking fans to wear orange and 'Get Loud'. If you never seen a Oilers home game in playoffs. Well fans chant a lot. Axe goalie with there arms in motion back and fourth while chanting goalie name, started that VS stars in 2000. Jets fans did it Rolston if u remember. Oilers fans hit 124 decibels last playoff run. More fans bigger arena, I guess will see. It's going to be wild that's forsure.
One Day away!!!!! 

Enjoy.
🏈 #15 WBBombers #1  🏉 #12 GBPackers #87
🚨 #97 OrangeCrush #29  Let's Go Oilers 🥅
#27 Let's Go Angels ⚾ / ⚽ #7 Portugal 🇵🇹

Old Rusty

Quote from: Jersey on April 11, 2017, 12:22:33 PM
Lmao. Nooooo haha. I think we have a good chance to make a good run. Then I hate thinking that because we lack in experience.

Colton what do you got SJ to win in?  Let's be real we ain't going against our team's. Lol. Have fun VS McD and Drai eh 😉. Will have fun VS Burns 😡 he's so good. It'll be interesting to see if sj or any team for that matter gives McDavid lil shots here n there. That's only way to try n get him off his game because I don't see anybody slowing him down. He does everything in top flight. But it's also his first go. So this is gonna be interesting. Good Luck today but not tmrw.

Oilers tickets.
Oh don't even get me started. First off tixs where gone for all 4 games first rnd in 5 mins. Only 400 tixs went on sale for each game. So lost out on that. Secondary is only way to go
Some Oil fans where mad. Tixs where from $99 to 460.00. So now on secondary sites You can't sit anywhere near front row for less then $900.00 up to 2,200.00 Hold on, let me take out a loan 😂

To sit upper deck most tixs going from 500 to 600. There is few ticks you can find at 400 each for row 12 upper deck. I'm In. Lol.

Excitement.
The city is paying extra $60,000 dollars for police for after games to make sure parties are safe on streets. Watch we get swept eh. No parties, lol. It can't go down like that though 😡  Downtown and whyte ave are the two destinations. They figure downtown because of ice district although nothing will be ready until 2019 opening. But lots of bars near Rogers Place these days! 
'Orange Crush' is slogan for playoffs as Oilers asking fans to wear orange and 'Get Loud'. If you never seen a Oilers home game in playoffs. Well fans chant a lot. Axe goalie with there arms in motion back and fourth while chanting goalie name, started that VS stars in 2000. Jets fans did it Rolston if u remember. Oilers fans hit 124 decibels last playoff run. More fans bigger arena, I guess will see. It's going to be wild that's forsure.
One Day away!!!!! 

Enjoy.

Are you an Ollers fan?   ;D

Easy boy, down I say.  :)
Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.

Old Rusty

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 11, 2017, 02:32:35 AM
Lombardi, Sutter out; Blake and Robitaille promoted: http://www.tsn.ca/kings-fire-sutter-lombardi-promote-robitaille-blake-1.721029

It'll be interesting to see who they look at to replace Sutter, not to mention where he ends up next.

Ruff also gone in Dallas (his contract was not renewed): https://www.nhl.com/news/lindy-ruff-out-as-dallas-stars-coach/c-288607106

I can't imagine he'll be unemployed for long.

And Button has Nolan Patrick going first overall in the draft: http://www.tsn.ca/patrick-goes-no-1-in-tsn-s-post-season-mock-draft-1.720569

Lots of folks are hoping Sutter will come to Winnipeg, but I think if he's up here, he would rather go back to his cattle farm in Alberta.
Whatever be your goal,
And not upon the hole.

Colton

Quote from: Jersey on April 11, 2017, 12:22:33 PM

Oilers tickets.

Excitement.
One Day away!!!!! 

Enjoy.

If SJ wins it will need to be in 7 I think. Edmonton is going to win some games without doubt. From a realistic standpoint I don't see the Sharks getting out of the first round this year with how they have been playing as of late, but as soon as the puck drops tomorrow I know that mindset will fade and I'll be in a "Sharks in 3" mindset. If anyone on the team is going to start hacking at McDavid I'd expect it to be Thornton. He's pretty shameless in the playoffs and will take on the pest role, which he isn't too bad at. At least from a "Getting away with it" standpoint.