Power Rankings

Started by theaardvark, August 03, 2023, 04:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

So, the Bombers are still the odds on favourite to win the GC, but are 3rd in the power rankings? 

2-5 Calgary is ahead of 3-4 SSK and HAM?

And zero Bombers in the PFF power grades this week.

On, yeah, they had a bye...

Still think EDM is ranked too high...

https://www.cfl.ca/2023/07/31/power-rankings-second-tier-up-for-grabs/
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

bunker

No way you can rank bombers ahead of Argos or Lions at this point. We'll see tonight.

Jesse

Quote from: bunker on August 03, 2023, 04:20:02 PM
No way you can rank bombers ahead of Argos or Lions at this point. We'll see tonight.

Absolutely. We're in tier 2 until we beat BC or TO.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on August 03, 2023, 05:01:56 PM
Absolutely. We're in tier 2 until we beat BC or TO.
It is surprising to see that statement but I cannot help but agree. We win well tonight we are firmly back in the tier one.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

theaardvark

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on August 03, 2023, 05:04:29 PM
It is surprising to see that statement but I cannot help but agree. We win well tonight we are firmly back in the tier one.

Are we "tier one" with a convincing win, or are we #1?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_or_die

Quote from: theaardvark on August 03, 2023, 06:05:33 PM

Tier 1 until the Argos lose.
#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Shake your head, a #1 team doesn't lose to Ottawa.

M.O.A.B.

power ranking doesn't matter.

John T.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on August 03, 2023, 06:30:09 PM
Shake your head, a #1 team doesn't lose to Ottawa.

Well, that's nonsense. Take a look at the season results from any season where the Bombers won the Grey Cup, and they've got a game or two that they lose to terrible opponents. Two years ago it was a terrible Montreal team. In 1984 it was the last-place Stampeders. Many, many years it's been the Roughriders on Labour Day, when the Riders were at their worst.

Garbage games happen, even to the best. Better that it happens early in the season than later in the season, but the one thing we know is that they'll always happen once or twice in a season.

Pigskin

Correction. Argo's #1, Bombers #2, BC #3.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

dd

Having Kenny Lawler on the field makes us #1. He is an absolute beast out there, a man amongst boys. Don?t care what happened in the Ottawa game, Kenny puts us over the top. We ll beat the Argos and smash the Lions. We simply have too much fire power on O. Lawler, Schoen, Demski, Bailey, Woli, Olivera and McRae, turn out the lights , the party?s over, que Dandy Don merideth please!,,

theaardvark

Does a Fiftyburger mean more?

bluengold204

Quote from: theaardvark on August 04, 2023, 04:19:12 AM
Does a Fiftyburger mean more?

No, an undefeated team will always be #1 until they get challenged.

blue_or_die

Quote from: M.O.A.B. on August 03, 2023, 07:09:07 PM
power ranking doesn't matter.

But they're fun to talk about and give us a snapshot in time. The standings are the accumulation of an entire long seasons where teams can get hot and then cool down, etc. Power rankings indicates how everyone is looking in any given week. It's for discussion even though it factors not into the game.
#Ride?

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: John T. on August 03, 2023, 10:59:47 PM
Well, that's nonsense. Take a look at the season results from any season where the Bombers won the Grey Cup, and they've got a game or two that they lose to terrible opponents. Two years ago it was a terrible Montreal team. In 1984 it was the last-place Stampeders. Many, many years it's been the Roughriders on Labour Day, when the Riders were at their worst.

Garbage games happen, even to the best. Better that it happens early in the season than later in the season, but the one thing we know is that they'll always happen once or twice in a season.

I don't think it is garbage, a weird characteristic of this team seems to be that they occasionally **** the bed and lose to the very worst teams. It's a really bad personality trait to possess.  I won't be surprised if the Argos lose a few games this season, but I'll be surprised if the teams that beat them won't be fairly capable challengers.