Dalton Shoen

Started by bwiser, September 28, 2024, 05:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 02, 2024, 12:20:28 AMIt's not about whether we were able to fill the position vacated. It's a question of whether some team offers insane money to move to another city. That happened with both Sayles and Houston.

Holm is a priority but there is still an SMS limit the coaches will determine.

Houston signed a 2-year contract with Calgary for $275,000 in hard money, so it wasn't terribly out of line with what other highly rated DB's are receiving but far beyond what the Bombers had left in the till to offer after signing Brady and Dalton.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on October 01, 2024, 10:30:49 PMI think Holm is our best DB in terms of speed and physicality, but I just can't see him getting a good NFL look, they have so many players in their system its tough to get on their radar, even if he wins a league award, that just doesn't mean anything down there.

Oops, I doubt Ford is in line to win MODP but he could receive the Bombers nomination.

dd

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 02, 2024, 01:19:12 AMOops, I doubt Ford is in line to win MODP but he could receive the Bombers nomination.
Both are very good DB's and Ford has the picks/stats to support a nomimation in a stats driven competition, we are fortune to have both in our backfield, retaining both would be great

J5V

Quote from: dd on October 02, 2024, 01:24:23 AMBoth are very good DB's and Ford has the picks/stats to support a nomimation in a stats driven competition, we are fortune to have both in our backfield, retaining both would be great
Agree 100% but if no Bomber won any awards and we won the cup, I'd be okay with that and I suspect so would they.  :-)
Go Bombers!

Pete

Actually we' ve missed Sayles, hes an elite tackle. Whether we should have tried to sign him above Jeffcoat is a question

theaardvark

Quote from: Pete on October 02, 2024, 03:08:23 AMActually we' ve missed Sayles, hes an elite tackle. Whether we should have tried to sign him above Jeffcoat is a question

Marcus, not Casey
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

I'd say nah. Load up the team for 2025 and win that mug on home field!
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず