Other Games -- Weekend starting Jun 20

Started by TecnoGenius, June 20, 2024, 11:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueraid

WOW ...what an empty cavern for a club who looks a lot better than us right now...I don't know what it will take for Torontonians to back their team...Even IF we keep losing I can't ever see our stadium resembling that 'big empty'...Our  ex players looked like they still have lots left in the tank....good game by Bailey and Grant

dd

Quote from: Jesse on June 23, 2024, 03:36:16 PMEdmonton will need a run of wins before I start to believe they're anything more than what they've been for several years now. It's more likely than not this is another wasted season for them and they fire everyone after the season.
There's not much difference between EDM, SASK and us, it will be a dog fight for the last playoff spot in the west.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TecnoGenius on June 23, 2024, 06:23:46 AMThey both look exactly as good as when they were here.  And Bailey is being targeted a heck of a lot more, more like a #2.  Grant clearly hasn't lost "it".  Too bad we didn't have the measly extra $25k or so each player would have required...

I don't think it would have taken an extra $25k each to resign either of them, Walters simply had to match last years salaries instead of asking them to take less and they likely would have re-signed.  Don't believe he made offers to either of them as it's too embarrassing, "we like what you've done for us, but we want to offer you  less for your services, how's minimum wage sound?"

dd

Ya it wouldn't be that hard to watch Bailey if lawler and schoen were healthy and we were getting tds and winning football games but our 2 very high priced receivers are hurt ,we haven't scored a single passing TD and we haven't won any football games. Are the football gods trying to tell us something??!!

J5V

Riders killing the Tabbies. Bo forcing the ball and throwing picks. Bo fumbling also. He's responsible for at least three turnovers.
Go Bombers!

dd

BLM is terrible. I don't k ow what Hamilton see s in this guy and  why they're paying him a ton of cash, but he single handedly lost this game for them tonight.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: dd on June 24, 2024, 02:46:50 AMBLM is terrible. I don't k ow what Hamilton see s in this guy and  why they're paying him a ton of cash, but he single handedly lost this game for them tonight.

Cameron Duke looking good making Chad Kelly expensive and expendable, where else could he go but down the road to Hammytown.  They'd take him in.

Ti-Cats are sorely lacking leadership, no fire in their bellies, everyone playing for a paycheque and nothing more.  Watching them go through the motions is painful, nobodies scared of Milanovich they need to bring Kent Austin back to rip some heads off.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: CrazyCanuck89 on June 23, 2024, 03:51:04 PMDoesn't screw up their ratio at all.  Nield is the reason, they traded Gittens Jr.

Oh!  I forgot Nield was a NAT!  My bad.
Never go full Rider!

jayrock

Quote from: dd on June 23, 2024, 04:09:36 PMThere's not much difference between EDM, SASK and us, it will be a dog fight for the last playoff spot in the west.

I know it is early, but really the difference is SASK is 3 - 0, and the bombers and Edmonton are 0 - 3. Being up early in the season helps, get some wins in to help stay ahead when things get interesting in the second half of the season.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

Pigskin

Really like Bridges from Hamilton. Ouellette looked much better, but man the Hamilton D beat the crap out of him. My biggest concern is, can Harris last the season? That would be a massive blow to the Riders.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

J5V

Quote from: jayrock on June 24, 2024, 01:26:39 PMI know it is early, but really the difference is SASK is 3 - 0, and the bombers and Edmonton are 0 - 3. Being up early in the season helps, get some wins in to help stay ahead when things get interesting in the second half of the season.
Riders are playing well and a 3-0 start is nice but holy kind schedule, Batman! It's hard to gauge when you've played Edm, and Hammy back-to-back and then get a bye. Wow! We could have used a schedule start like that. We won't see a bye until week 10 and have already played two of the best teams in the league.
Go Bombers!

bluebeard

I didn't expect the Riders to jell until the mid point of the season.  This team could be the surprise of the CFL,  They play TO and BC next and we will know better if they are for real after these games. ???

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: bluebeard on June 24, 2024, 10:31:51 PMI didn't expect the Riders to jell until the mid point of the season.  This team could be the surprise of the CFL,  They play TO and BC next and we will know better if they are for real after these games. ???

I don't buy it, I think the Riders would lose to BC, Cgy, Tor or Mtl. if they played a team of that caliber this week. Next week we might be able to add Wpg. to that list.

TecnoGenius

Hey, has BLM always worn 19?  I thought was 15 or something in CGY?  I'm drawing a blank, but 19 doesn't seem right to me... Just a hunch.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Don't like to see Marcus Sayles getting concussed out of his cleats in 4th Q.  He was key in our cup wins.  He seems to be doing better for SSK after getting torched in week 1 & 2.

Smith is darn lucky that his cleat didn't stick to the turf on that hit or his leg would be bending backwards.

Scary moment.
Never go full Rider!