2023 Free Agency Transactions - Other Teams

Started by ModAdmin, February 13, 2023, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwiser

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 15, 2023, 06:28:27 PM
No thanks.  Maston is done. Unfortunate but he is done.
We don't know that until he tries out for the team. If he is done release him and it doesn't cost anything. If he can still play we get a solid player for cheap.

ModAdmin

Quote from: bwiser on February 15, 2023, 07:07:15 PM
We don't know that until he tries out for the team. If he is done release him and it doesn't cost anything. If he can still play we get a solid player for cheap.

Pretty sure KW indicated they were not expecting neither Matson or Taylor to return to the team.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Horseman

Looking at the moves the Ti-cats are making so far, they are loading up specifically on D. I guess they are going all in for a home GC game for themselves.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 15, 2023, 07:12:09 PM
Pretty sure KW indicated they were not expecting neither Matson or Taylor to return to the team.

Yes, he did, he spelled it out.  However, that could be because he thinks they will get better offers elsewhere so he doesn't want to insult them.  If/when their phones are silent, KW could swoop in and make a "if you really want to play" "it's all we can afford" offer.  That saves face for everyone.  You never know...
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

Quote from: Horseman on February 15, 2023, 07:13:35 PM
Looking at the moves the Ti-cats are making so far, they are loading up specifically on D. I guess they are going all in for a home GC game for themselves.

Yes, there DL is stacked. I am wondering if they would make a trade with us for Mason Bennett.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: ModAdmin on February 15, 2023, 07:12:09 PM

If these two didn't see the end coming, they ain't thinking straight.

bwiser

Quote from: TecnoGenius on February 15, 2023, 07:15:02 PM
Yes, he did, he spelled it out.  However, that could be because he thinks they will get better offers elsewhere so he doesn't want to insult them.  If/when their phones are silent, KW could swoop in and make a "if you really want to play" "it's all we can afford" offer.  That saves face for everyone.  You never know...

Exactly!

Pigskin

Jordan Herdman-Reed back to BC. In the last two season he's only played 17 games, with 1 DT, and 6 ST.

Blue In BC

About 10 or so players signing in either the XFL or USFL this week. Shorter seasons in their home country and similar money for some of these players.

Mayala, Sindani, Kelly, Sankey to name a few I didn't expect to leave the CFL. I wonder if they are getting 1 year deals and come back to the CFL in 2023?
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 16, 2023, 01:18:35 PM
About 10 or so players signing in either the XFL or USFL this week. Shorter seasons in their home country and similar money for some of these players.

Mayala, Sindani, Kelly, Sankey to name a few I didn't expect to leave the CFL. I wonder if they are getting 1 year deals and come back to the CFL in 2023?

Pretty tough playing about 26 games in one season. Can't see a guy being effective late in the CFL season.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on February 16, 2023, 02:19:44 PM
Pretty tough playing about 36 games in one season. Can't see a guy being effective late in the CFL season.

USFL is only a 10 game season but your point is valid. USFL starts in April. XFL starts this weekend. That said some of those players joined CFL teams in 2022 and a few more in the NFL. Not all were starters, but they made rosters and double dipped with paychecks.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Quote from: Blue In BC on February 16, 2023, 02:49:46 PM
USFL is only a 10 game season but your point is valid. USFL starts in April. XFL starts this weekend. That said some of those players joined CFL teams in 2022 and a few more in the NFL. Not all were starters, but they made rosters and double dipped with paychecks.

Sorry, I was thinking 26 games. 26 is still a lot of football in one year. Players are having a hard time making it injury free for 18 games.

It would be interesting to see which players, played in both leagues. And what positions they played. 

theaardvark

I wonder if Bailey will end up in the USFL / XFL...  love to see him here, just can't see how the expectations / roster / SMS end up working...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

RyGuy13

At SB, #85..MILT STEEEGAAALLLL