2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics thread

Started by The Zipp, January 11, 2018, 04:28:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on February 10, 2018, 12:00:25 AM
Reports are that Laurie Blouin will participate in her event after being stretchered off yesterday. Great news for her! (And Canada) Debating with myself about waking up at 5 to watch Charles Hamelin in the 1500m short track speed skating...

And she wins a silver medal!!! 

The Zipp

Kind of a dull Olympic evening tonight ...first few runs of the skiing are great....after about 5 - zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The Zipp

WAKE UP!!

Canada just won a gold medal in mixed doubles curling !!!

The Zipp

Bronze in Woman's luge - first ever medal!

GOLDMEMBER

USA loses to Slovenia in OT   LOL

Russia loses to Slovakia in reg.  LMAO Slovakia no slouch though

Go Canada Go
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

The Zipp

Canada up 2-0 on the USA in women's hockey

Bronze medal in figure skating on what could be their final skate

Women's curling loses on a questionable shot attempt late in the game

Fun night to watch the worlds best in action

The Zipp

Racked up another Gold in 10k speed skating. 

Ted-Jan for the win!!!

jayrock

So far so good. Liking these Olympics. The time change is messing me up a bit, as to when to watch what. But every time I check another medal gets added to the count.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

jayrock

GOLDMEMBER

Both hockey teams huge wins

Women beating the USA and men dominating the strong Swiss team.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

jayrock

Little worried about womans curling. Homan is not fairing that well. Still a bit of time to turn it around but not much

The Zipp

Quote from: jayrock on February 15, 2018, 01:26:16 PM
Little worried about womans curling. Homan is not fairing that well. Still a bit of time to turn it around but not much

didn't see any of the game against Sweden so I can't comment at all on it, but that shot attempt against a strong Korean team in the 9th was just wrong IMO.  Too aggressive for that time and score in the game.

All in cheering for whoever represents Canada but between us I wish JJ was wearing the Maple Leaf this week.  Maybe Rachel can turn it around - I hope she can!

Sir Blue and Gold

Good first test for our hobo hockey team. No one in our pool is any good though. I guess the real test will be when we have to play the KHL all-star team or maybe some the Fins or Swedes in the knockout round.

BomberPride

Re: Team Homan:

If Jones couldn't wear the leaf, I'm glad Homan is. But, I agree that run back attempt was too aggressive too soon. Miskew normally nudges Homan to make those shots, so when she's telling Rachel to draw for 1, you have to wonder if Olympic nerves got the best of her. Credit to South Korea, though - they made every shot.

Homan is in a fight now. I hope she's able to get a win for this next one and get some momentum going.

Women's hockey: Man, what a game. Lacasse was the difference maker. Team need to be better at supporting Poulin when she's being double-teamed every time she touches the puck. She had one shot on net. That game could have easily tipped in the US's favour, but Canada held on.
What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?

The Zipp

Ouch.  Didn't see the woman's curling game but reading about it this morning. Some pretty interesting quotes from the Danish team about Canada being afraid to lose...and about karma for removing the burnt rock...finishing without a medal would be a huge disappointment.