Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorthernSkunk

gbill2004

Kevin Donnelly with True North Sports and Entertainment says he?s inviting @SnoopDogg to perform at the Winnipeg Jets whiteout street party.

True Blue

"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." - Samuel Johnson

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: True Blue on April 06, 2018, 08:39:32 PM
Whaa???  Based on what?

Jets playoff history from the past.

I would also like to add a couple more reasons, #1. I don't think the jets coach has what it takes to make it to a cup final....An #2. I don't think Bettman and the league will ever allow the cup to land in Wpg,  I see some iffy penalties being called against the jets if they get anywhere near winning a series.

blue_or_die

#Ride?

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

The Zipp

Quote from: True Blue on April 06, 2018, 08:39:32 PM
Whaa???  Based on what?

Wild are a good team - anything can happen in the playoffs. The jets should be favored based on record and that Suter is injured, but they do have some recent playoff experience and some great players.

This series could go either way in 6 or 7 games

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: The Zipp on April 06, 2018, 08:45:24 PM
Wild are a good team - anything can happen in the playoffs. The jets should be favored based on record and that Suter is injured, but they do have some recent playoff experience and some great players.

This series could go either way in 6 or 7 games

I'll be bullish. Jets in 5.

blue_gold_84

Spurgeon is also out and continues to recover from a partially torn hamstring. Both he and Suter are key pieces on the Wild's blue line. Boudreau has stated he (Spurgeon) should be ready for the playoffs, but who knows. That's a tough injury.

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on April 06, 2018, 08:49:13 PM
I'll be bullish. Jets in 5.

Bold! I like it. ;D
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

gbill2004

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 06, 2018, 08:53:47 PM
Spurgeon is also out and continues to recover from a partially torn hamstring. Both he and Suter are key pieces on the Wild's blue line. Boudreau has stated he (Spurgeon) should be ready for the playoffs, but who knows. That's a tough injury.

Bold! I like it. ;D
I thought Spurgeon was very, very close to returning. 

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on April 06, 2018, 08:44:39 PM
Which is totally relevant now.

- Nobody Ever

Where are the rules for making sports predictions.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 06, 2018, 07:42:10 PM
Kevin Donnelly with True North Sports and Entertainment says he?s inviting @SnoopDogg to perform at the Winnipeg Jets whiteout street party.
oh man I?m so there I?d that happens! The sschnizzle fazizzle
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on April 06, 2018, 10:29:08 PM
oh man I?m so there I?d that happens! The sschnizzle fazizzle

Will the fans at the rink bring back the whiteout ?...or are they gonna stick with the glum blue look on the television ?.....I'm thinking another whiteout playoff series in the peg would be super cool to see again

An wouldn't Harlequin be a bigger draw in Winnipeg ? Lol

theaardvark

Quote from: NorthernSkunk on April 06, 2018, 08:43:39 PM
Jets playoff history from the past.

I would also like to add a couple more reasons, #1. I don't think the jets coach has what it takes to make it to a cup final....An #2. I don't think Bettman and the league will ever allow the cup to land in Wpg,  I see some iffy penalties being called against the jets if they get anywhere near winning a series.

Yup... so much of this team is left over from the last time they were in the playoffs... so history is a big factor...  not!
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

NorthernSkunk

Quote from: theaardvark on April 06, 2018, 11:21:25 PM
Yup... so much of this team is left over from the last time they were in the playoffs... so history is a big factor...  not!

If the jets don't make it out of the first round you will be hearing the commentators on tv talking about the last time as well.......jus sayin. If the jets don't clear the first round somebody needs to figure out the curse.