Is there a better show on TV...

Started by The Zipp, December 01, 2015, 04:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Zipp

Pigskin

The food that built America. Very interesting show.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

The Zipp

Quote from: Pigskin on October 11, 2019, 05:15:05 PM
The food that built America. Very interesting show.

what is it on?  Netflix, cable?

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on October 11, 2019, 03:36:55 PM
no spoilers....hopefully watching tonight!

No worries, since that is my date tonight as well. Certainly won't be cutting the grass.
#Ride?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_or_die on October 11, 2019, 06:49:10 PM
No worries, since that is my date tonight as well. Certainly won't be cutting the grass.

hoping power stays on...just brutal outside - my grass was long and covered in leaves...one of my ornamental apple trees broke at the top and a few other branches - tried to knock the snow off but it is just so sticky and heavy clinging to the leaves.

What a mess - like shoveling water.

Update - big chokecherry tree in front cracked in half and is down :(

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

blue_or_die

Quote from: New_Earth_Mud on December 05, 2019, 12:35:17 PM
Vikings was awesome

I PVR'd all of last season and stopped watching mid way through as I was busy at the time and was hoping to catch up last January. Completely escaped me! Last night I was flipping through my guide and saw Vikings was on and recording! I'm like 2 seasons behind and I was a superfan lol. Oh well, plenty to watch now or during the holidays!
#Ride?

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

New_Earth_Mud

#35.... The Godfather of Swag

The Zipp

So halfway through the Witcher on Netflix...enjoying it a lot - the timelines of the stories were messing with my head a bit though.  I had to do some reading on line to get it straightened.  Looking forward to the next few episodes. 

If you like fantasy type shows I would recommend!!

blue_gold_84

The Witcher is awesome! The timeline is definitely confusing at times, though. I may watch it a second time once I get through the first season.

It's already on its last season but I got Amazon Prime a couple of months ago and started The Man In The High Castle yesterday. Pretty amazing series so far.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

blue_or_die

Started watching Jack Ryan on Prime. Only a few episodes in but it's pretty well done. Jim Halpert kicking butt!
#Ride?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_or_die on December 30, 2019, 02:31:09 PM
Started watching Jack Ryan on Prime. Only a few episodes in but it's pretty well done. Jim Halpert kicking butt!

That is 100% why i have avoided this show...I have watched and re-watched The Office so many times it just doesn't seem right to see Jim in that role.

blue_or_die

Quote from: The Zipp on December 30, 2019, 05:12:44 PM
That is 100% why i have avoided this show...I have watched and re-watched The Office so many times it just doesn't seem right to see Jim in that role.

I've got you beat bud. I have probably watched The Office in its entirety over a dozen times top to bottom. Even own the box set of the first 6 seasons in the days before Netflix. Watched most of season 2 today while trying to care for my sick baby.

Anyway, I share your reservations about the actors portraying any other character  ;D
#Ride?

The Zipp

Quote from: blue_gold_84 on December 30, 2019, 01:52:59 PM
The Witcher is awesome! The timeline is definitely confusing at times, though. I may watch it a second time once I get through the first season.

It's already on its last season but I got Amazon Prime a couple of months ago and started The Man In The High Castle yesterday. Pretty amazing series so far.

Finished the Witcher last night...what a great show!   I did watch a few YouTube clips after to help me fill in some of the pieces as I hadn't read any of the books.  Looking forward to season 2 but it won't be released until spring 2021...

"Toss a coin to your Witcher..."