Thomas rejecting Rourke

Started by GOLDMEMBER, October 30, 2022, 12:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you agree or disagree with the Thomas decision to reject helping Rourke up after a solid tackle

Agree
Disagree

GOLDMEMBER

Reworded. ;D
In my opinion Jake Thomas did the right thing. This is pro ball not fun and games during recess.
If Rourke wants to slap butts after he gets whacked that is his decision. Asking opponents to be helped up is laughable.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Aww, deleting the original thread hosed my very nice reply  :-X :-X :'( :'(
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

There?s no right or wrong here.

It would have been sportsmanlike/classy to help him up.

But it?s a competition and we were clearly sending a message that we are the first place, back to back champs.

I laughed.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 30, 2022, 12:51:40 AM
Aww, deleting the original thread hosed my very nice reply  :-X :-X :'( :'(

Sorry man
My bad

DCM

It's football. You do not help your opponent up off the field.
Twitch Account: Here - Website: Here

dd

Quote from: Jesse on October 30, 2022, 12:53:54 AM
There?s no right or wrong here.

It would have been sportsmanlike/classy to help him up.

But it?s a competition and we were clearly sending a message that we are the first place, back to back champs.

I laughed.
I think there is a right and wrong answer here, you either play the game with class, integrity and respect, or you don't, and depending on your personal set of values, you 'll either agree or disagree with it. The league and society is full of both. You'll either hold the door open for a little old lady or you won't. You'll either let someone in in a traffic jam or you won't. You either have class or you don't. But there most definitely is a right and wrong answer.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on October 30, 2022, 02:44:36 AM
I think there is a right and wrong answer here, you either play the game with class, integrity and respect, or you don't, and depending on your personal set of values, you 'll either agree or disagree with it. The league and society is full of both. You'll either hold the door open for a little old lady or you won't. You'll either let someone in in a traffic jam or you won't. You either have class or you don't. But there most definitely is a right and wrong answer.

But you don't hold the door open for the old lady when you're in a warzone.  The game is war, especially close to playoffs.  What do you think our D's "darkside" thing is about?  It's a mindset, and you don't switch it off until the game is over.

Maybe Fatboi went to Rourke post-game and said "nothing personal" and had a shake, for all we know.
Never go full Rider!

Horseman

I will restate what I said earlier, you don't put all of your energy and sweat into knocking your opponent down and then help him up. Let him use his own effort to pick himself up off the ground, let him tire himself out during the game picking himself off the turf. When one of our players gets tackled, one of the other Bombers comes over to help them up immediately. As a player you don't look for an opposing player to help you up.

Sec223

I remember when Baron Simpson signed here. I asked if he would ever help an opposing player up "never" !!

ModAdmin

You can shake hands before the game and you can shake hands after the game.  During the game you do everything possible, within the rules, to defeat your opponent.  What you don't do is help someone up, during the heat of the battle, after nailing him to the turf.  It's a physical game - a battle.  And, like it or not, it's about winning for your team and defeating the other team, again, within the rules.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Blue In BC

Teams spend the entire game trying to knock the QB to the ground, not pick them up. :)
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Jesse

Quote from: dd on October 30, 2022, 02:44:36 AM

Neutrality exists too.

Jake didn't make an effort to be classy, but he certainly didn't do anything wrong that I would call classless.

Just teaching the kid a lesson.
My wife is amazing!

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Jesse on October 30, 2022, 12:35:29 PM
Neutrality exists too.

Jake didn't make an effort to be classy, but he certainly didn't do anything wrong that I would call classless.

Just teaching the kid a lesson.
this ^ as well. It has been recent years the odd opposing player was helping an opponent up, ever. So I guess dd is saying North American football is a complete classless sport only until recent times?

TBURGESS

Classless act IMO, but nothing to see here. Lots of classless football players.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

dd

Quote from: TBURGESS on October 30, 2022, 01:59:24 PM
Classless act IMO, but nothing to see here. Lots of classless football players.
Exactly Tburg. Society and sport have people who have class and integrity and those that don?t. Just a sad fact of life. Those are those you will do the right thing for the sake of doing the right thing and those who say if you aren?t cheating you aren?t trying hard enough. What a sad statement that is. And spare me the war zone BS. This game was a glorified pre season game that had no impact whatsoever on the standings. Class, you either have it or you don?t. No biggy either way, it?s just the way it is