Trade Brady?

Started by Blueforlife, October 05, 2026, 11:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

Yes
3 (14.3%)
No
18 (85.7%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Blue In BC

#45
Quote from: theaardvark on Today at 03:40:41 PMWow, all these years, I thought Peterson was an Int.  As a Nat, he has some more value, yes, and in the game he replaced Brady, he did flash, but before and since, not really.  As said elsewhere, unless he becomes a teams demon, I don't see it.

Johnny Augustine has made a good living off teams, and gets the odd rep at RB.  I don't think Peterson is at his level.

Peterson played 15 games in 2025 and added about 400 yards of offence. IIRC that his reps were nearly all in the 1st few games that Brady was injured.

Aside form that he spent some time on teams as a returner and coverage player but didn't particularly ecxel over a player like MCI.

This year he's been on the roster for 1 game. So there hasn't been much after to judge. Posters that go to practice would have a better insight on how he looks.

His blocking may be suspect and if he comes on the roster someone else comes off.
One game at a time

Blueforlife

Quote from: theaardvark on Today at 03:40:41 PMWow, all these years, I thought Peterson was an Int.  As a Nat, he has some more value, yes, and in the game he replaced Brady, he did flash, but before and since, not really.  As said elsewhere, unless he becomes a teams demon, I don't see it.

Johnny Augustine has made a good living off teams, and gets the odd rep at RB.  I don't think Peterson is at his level.
Johnny A, that's it.  Yes he was pretty good.  Agree all.

Sir Blue and Gold

Augustine has been in the league 8 years an averages ~180 rushing yards a season. He'd have had a zero year career if he wasn't Canadian.

Blueforlife

#48
The criticism of the use of Canadian players in this great league by some is really unfortunate.  The league exists b/c it's Canadian and it will always feature the great talents from the entire nation.  Any notion of a player only playing b/c he is Canadian is a moot point.  Johhny A is a decent RB and I have always enjoyed how he plays.  The level of Cdn talent in the CFL varies a lot and I enjoy all the players from grinders to stars.  The CFL players in the league make it what it is.  Without them, the league would not have existed and it remains a pillar of our community and helps develop talent for NFL by allowing all young player to dream big, may it be here or South of the board.  The negative narrative around Cdn talent is exhausting to hear and means very little imo.

Johnny A has remained employed a pro baller b/c he is a good enough to make a CFL roster.  A good back to spell, have as a backup or on your PR.  He will continued to be employed b/c of the skills and gifts he has as an athlete.  If we were not stacked at Cdn RB, he might have had a decent career here.

I feel any fan of this league should at least respect and ideally support the great CDN talent we have.  I sure enjoy it.  That said I enjoy all the player in this league from all around the world.  Diversity makes us stronger.  The level of CDN talent is growing and currently on full display in the CFL and a little in the NFL but I don't really watch that enough to know how it's trending.

Blue In BC

#49
Quote from: Blueforlife on Today at 04:52:59 PMThe criticism of the use of Canadian players in this great league by some is really unfortunate.  The league exists b/c it's Canadian and it will always feature the great talents from the entire nation.  Any notion of a player only playing b/c he is Canadian is a moot point.  Johhny A is a decent RB and I have always enjoyed how he plays.  The level of Cdn talent in the CFL varies a lot and I enjoy all the players from grinders to stars.  The CFL players in the league make it what it is.  Without them, the league would not have existed and it remains a pillar of our community and helps develop talent for NFL by allowing all young player to dream big, may it be here or South of the board.  The negative narrative around Cdn talent is exhausting to hear and means very little imo.

Johnny A has remained employed a pro baller b/c he is a good enough to make a CFL roster.  A good back to spell, have as a backup or on your PR.  He will continued to be employed b/c of the skills and gifts he has as an athlete.  If we were not stacked at Cdn RB, he might have had a decent career here.

I feel any fan of this league should at least respect and ideally support the great CDN talent we have.  I sure enjoy it.  That said I enjoy all the player in this league from all around the world.  Diversity makes us stronger.  The level of CDN talent is growing and currently on full display in the CFL and a little in the NFL but I don't really watch that enough to know how it's trending.

That's an over reach.

The league existed when the roster was only 32 players and many imports played both ways. As the roster has changed their are less Canadian starters and more imports in the expanded rosters. The Canadians that started were those in the trenches ( OL for example ). We appreciate their good work but I don't think we go to games to watch an OL.

The league expanded with American teams that had all import rosters IIRC. Two years and an American team makes it to the Grey Cup twice and wins once.

It's not difficult to understand that if there was no ratio, then many Canadians would be released immediately.

Whether that's a good idea or not is a different matter for an overall discussion. I think a large number of fans or posters couldn't name the Canadian players or the global players on the roster.

We just saw aardvark not certain about Peterson. That's not usual even for big fans. Player movement, rapid personnel changes nearly every down doesn't help identify who is on the field or on the roster.

It's not a bad thing to see a Canadian or Canadians doing well. I've mentioned this in the past that Canadian college teams don't draw big crowds. You have to ask yourself what this is the case.

I would guess that Canadians watch more US college games than Canadian games.

It would be interesting to query another fan sitting next to you to understand his knowledge of the roster. Some will be well versed and I think some would be oblivious. lol



One game at a time

Sir Blue and Gold

Nobody has ever purchased a ticket or tuned into a game to see the incredible rushing ability of Johnny Augustine.

Blueforlife

#51
Quote from: Blue In BC on Today at 05:23:46 PMThat's an over reach.

The league existed when the roster was only 32 players and many imports played both ways. As the roster has changed their are less Canadian starters and more imports in the expanded rosters. The Canadians that started were those in the trenches ( OL for example ). We appreciate their good work but I don't think we go to games to watch an OL.

The league expanded with American teams that had all import rosters IIRC. Two years and an American team makes it to the Grey Cup twice and wins once.

It's not difficult to understand that if there was no ratio, then many Canadians would be released immediately.

Whether that's a good idea or not is a different matter for an overall discussion. I think a large number of fans or posters couldn't name the Canadian players or the global players on the roster.

We just saw aardvark not certain about Peterson. That's not usual even for big fans. Player movement, rapid personnel changes nearly every down doesn't help identify who is on the field or on the roster.

It's not a bad thing to see a Canadian or Canadians doing well. I've mentioned this in the past that Canadian college teams don't draw big crowds. You have to ask yourself what this is the case.

I would guess that Canadians watch more US college games than Canadian games.

It would be interesting to query another fan sitting next to you to understand his knowledge of the roster. Some will be well versed and I think some would be oblivious. lol




Nah it's a fair rebuttal to an anti Cdn content fan, you are understating the value of Cdn content but that's fine, some share you view, many don't.

Johnny A. is depth Cdn.  The notion about buying a ticket to see him is a stretch to try to win an argument with no merit.  People buy tickets to see all the great Canadians play.  It's a key part of the league even if you value it or not.  You can't compare US football and Cdn, it's a completely different situation.  Casual fans don't know roster players, they know stars.  Hard core fans know and value the Cdn content on each team and it's critical to the success of each club.

I feel any fan of this league should at least respect and ideally support the great CDN talent we have.   If you don't like Cdn content in ball, there are options to the south for you.  This league will always feature Canadians.  Understating the value of a Cdn OL.  Yes we enjoy them road grading for Brady. But yes I understand the point, most go to watch the skilled positions.  The guys in the trenches win you games on both sides.

Look me a bit to understand your last point, now I do.  Yes results may vary LOL.  You should get someone to do a poll for you at the game LOL.  How many can you name LOL

The Canadian game is home grown, small and community based.  American ball is based on big venues, hype and big biz, fueled by a massive population.  I have lots of friends that only support American ball and they forget the great options we have at home.  The bright shinny object gets the attention.  Yeah they got better athletes but we got a lot going for us too.

WAIT, this is a Brady thread LOL