Official Game Day Thread - Toronto at Winnipeg October 11, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 10, 2024, 05:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: peg_city on October 10, 2024, 11:12:13 PMKelly's combine numbers were quite good. I'm thinking Kelly takes over for Alexander next year, if we lose Ford in FA.....and if he (Kelly) plays well....

That would be a wise Plan B to investigate. Also wonder how long Kramdi has left on contract, noting he is from Montreal and may garner some special attention if he reaches FA.

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 11, 2024, 12:41:25 AMThat would be a wise Plan B to investigate. Also wonder how long Kramdi has left on contract, noting he is from Montreal and may garner some special attention if he reaches FA.

Kramdi is signed through 2025.

ModAdmin

Game Preview - Toronto at Winnipeg

Game #17: Argonauts (8-7) at Blue Bombers (10-6)

Kickoff: Friday, October 11th, 7:30 p.m. CDT; Princess Auto Stadium, Winnipeg, Mb.
TV/Streaming: TSN 1/5; RDS; CFL+
Radio: 680 CJOB
Game theme: Friday is the club's annual 'Intercept Cancer Game.'

...Consider this, too: the Blue Bombers are 37-5 at home since the start of the 2019 season and 40-5 if the last three West Finals are included.

"(Homefield advantage) means everything, especially for us here because we have a unique crowd," said receiver Kenny Lawler. "We have unique fans. They're the No. 1 fans. They're the best in the league and by far the loudest. When you have that during a playoff game it's beneficial.

"It's everything about Winnipeg at this time of year — you've got the wind, you've got the cold, you've got the sell-out crowd, you've got the fans with the energy and it's just infectious. You feed off it..."

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/10/10/game-preview-argonauts-at-blue-bombers/
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 10, 2024, 02:33:16 PMDB Jake Kelly to make first career CFL start for Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Argonauts

It is absolutely nuts that we have never faced Kelly since he won the GC for TOR against us in '22 with that scramble run for 1st down when we had the game socked away.

They kept him away from us in '23 on purpose so we wouldn't destroy his confidence going into the cup... then TOR never made it to the cup!  LOL.

Then he's suspended in '24 for our first TOR match.

I know Donny C still goes to all the games, even if he's rarely on the forum now.  Does he still talk smack to the visitor bench?  I hope he's whipping up some amazing signs and lines to feed Kelly.  Some heavy demoralization never hurts!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 10, 2024, 03:17:26 PMKelly starting at safety is a bit of a surprise over Hallett? I guess the option still exists if necessary but with all the import DB's on our PR and none of them can play at safety?

Kelly may have the higher football IQ.  Hallett had those brain toots that cost us TDs the other week.  Hallett might be more the one-task speed guy than the roving thinker type.

Kelly is way more athletic than ageing BA37 now, and I hope we'll use him more like a Dequoy than an run-stopping Loffler/BA.  I'm not sure he's stout enough to stop a downhill runner anyhow!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on October 10, 2024, 03:44:26 PMArgos lose Sopik at LB and he's been a factor for them in 2024.

No Sopik is huge for us.  It increases the chances we get out injury-free.  He pushes the boundary near "dirty" territory IMHO.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 10, 2024, 05:39:44 PMArgos have a new long snapper. Hopefully, the Bombers test him out by trying to block a few punts.

Yup, dial up the "block mode" instead of the "good return mode".  As others said on the Return thread, we don't get much of a return anyhow!

This new LS will be serving up some high/low punt snaps and some out-of-the-box FG snaps.  This causes slight delays and gives our whizzes like Hallett time to cause problems.
Never go full Rider!

Jesse

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2024, 10:21:53 PMArgos are dressing 9 D-linemen many of which are very good players, hopefully they won't wear down the O-line which will have little relief. They may also be able to contain Brady as they have the best run stopping defence and are leading the league in sacks at 37.

That's always my biggest fear playing TO.

The DL is always relentless and wears us down in the 4th the way we normally wear down D in the 4th.
My wife is amazing!

wpg#1

Quote from: TecnoGenius on October 11, 2024, 05:30:03 AMIt is absolutely nuts that we have never faced Kelly since he won the GC for TOR against us in '22 with that scramble run for 1st down when we had the game socked away.

They kept him away from us in '23 on purpose so we wouldn't destroy his confidence going into the cup... then TOR never made it to the cup!  LOL.

Then he's suspended in '24 for our first TOR match.

I know Donny C still goes to all the games, even if he's rarely on the forum now.  Does he still talk smack to the visitor bench?  I hope he's whipping up some amazing signs and lines to feed Kelly.  Some heavy demoralization never hurts!

YES HE DOES ... Donny and the crew around him including our seats 2 rows behind Donny do our part in talking smack. It's so much fun down there.
GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !

GOLDMEMBER

How come Donny Cruikshank never comes on here anymore?
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pete

Quote from: Jesse on October 11, 2024, 10:48:52 AMThat's always my biggest fear playing TO.

The DL is always relentless and wears us down in the 4th the way we normally wear down D in the 4th.
We need to control the ball, and that means limit turnovers,thats what beat us in the first game

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on October 11, 2024, 03:38:04 PMWe need to control the ball, and that means limit turnovers,thats what beat us in the first game

Bombers lost 14-16 and Sergio also missed 2 critical FG's under 40 yds.

Pigskin

Quote from: Pete on October 11, 2024, 03:38:04 PMWe need to control the ball, and that means limit turnovers,thats what beat us in the first game

Agree, and keeping Grant in check is also important. Looks like some nice fall bomber weather.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

bwiser

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 11, 2024, 03:55:49 PMBombers lost 14-16 and Sergio also missed 2 critical FG's under 40 yds.
All that and if the Bombers make a third and short in the last minute the Bombers win that game.

Stats Junkie

Quote from: gobombersgo on October 10, 2024, 02:33:16 PMDB Jake Kelly to make first career CFL start for Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Argonauts
By John Hodge -October 10, 2024

Jake Kelly will make his first career CFL start when the Winnipeg Blue Bombers host the Toronto Argonauts on Friday night.
3DN had to re-word this part of their article after it was pointed out that Jake Kelly will be making his second career start. He was the starting Sam/Dime in the final regular season game of 2023. It will be Kelly's first start at safety.
TwiXter: @Stats_Junkie

I am a Stats Junkie, a Rules Junkie & a Canadian Football History Junkie!