Official Game Day Thread - Toronto at Winnipeg October 11, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, October 10, 2024, 05:13:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theaardvark

So, another game starting 10 Nats...

Not sure the Kelly/Hallett/Hallett FS spot excites me, but lets see what they can do.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

markf

One of the Hallets appeared to be victimized for two touchdown passes a few games ago.

plays in the red zone, forget the opponent.

just watching on tv so who knows, but it did not look promising to me. Not sure if he was benched in that game.

ModAdmin

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

Sir Blue and Gold

gobombersgo

Canadian LB Fraser Sopik out for Toronto Argonauts vs. Bombers
By 3Down Staff -October 10, 2024

The Toronto Argonauts will be without Canadian linebacker Fraser Sopik when they kick off Thanksgiving weekend in the CFL on Friday.

The 27-year-old has been unable to practice this week due to a hand injury and will sit out, though the expected duration of his absence is not currently known. The Argonauts are no longer able to designate players to the six-game injured list as they have played more than 15 games this year.

Sopik has been enjoying a career year since joining the Argonauts in free agency this offseason, establishing himself as a starter at weakside linebacker. Through 15 games, he has amassed 57 defensive tackles — nearly double his previous career total of 33 — while adding six special teams tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble.

American rookie Isaac Darkangelo will take over the starting job in the interim, having notched 18 defensive tackles and a forced fumble in five appearances. Defensive tackle Jordan Williams will also dress for depth after recording 10 tackles and two sacks in six previous outings.

On special teams, long snapper Adam Guillemette will sit out after being limited throughout the week with a back injury. Rookie Simon Chaves, who was signed on Tuesday, will handle those duties.

The Toronto Argonauts (8-7) will visit the Winnipeg Blue Bombers (10-6) on Friday, October 11, at 8:30 p.m. EDT. With a victory, the Argonauts can clinch a playoff spot.

https://3downnation.com/2024/10/10/canadian-lb-fraser-sopik-out-for-toronto-argonauts-vs-bombers/

gobombersgo

Argos have a new long snapper. Hopefully, the Bombers test him out by trying to block a few punts.

theaardvark

A fresh LS on a few days practice should be fun. 

ST's are going feast I think.  Opens up a lot of opportunity is the snaps are even a small amount off, especially for place kicking where you can hit the holder.  Will have to make sure they miss the punter clean...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Horseman

Pigskin

Quote from: Horseman on October 10, 2024, 06:56:09 PMI hope Grant doesn't come back to haunt us!!!

Well, we shut him down our last meeting. However, we will be missing Ayers who is one of our top teams play makers. Also Griffin isn't 100%. Let's hope Notree can make some plays on teams. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Argos are dressing 9 D-linemen many of which are very good players, hopefully they won't wear down the O-line which will have little relief. They may also be able to contain Brady as they have the best run stopping defence and are leading the league in sacks at 37.

GOLDMEMBER

Very excited for tomorrow! We secure yet another west crown!

Chad Kelly will get a rude welcoming!

Jake Kelly hope he shows the best. Kid hits like a ton of bricks. He gets his shot!

84 gala dinner sounds like it was an amazing time. Would have loved to be there!

It will be a party tomorrow night. GO BOMBERS GO!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

GOLDMEMBER

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on October 10, 2024, 10:21:53 PMArgos are dressing 9 D-linemen many of which are very good players, hopefully they won't wear down the O-line which will have little relief. They may also be able to contain Brady as they have the best run stopping defence in the league.

There going with 9 DL and 6 LBs, we are going with 7 DL and 9 LBs.

I also wonder if we slide Nichols or Holm into Safety at some point as we Bridges as our backup HB. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

peg_city

Quote from: Pigskin on October 10, 2024, 10:35:30 PMThere going with 9 DL and 6 LBs, we are going with 7 DL and 9 LBs.

I also wonder if we slide Nichols or Holm into Safety at some point as we Bridges as our backup HB.

Kelly's combine numbers were quite good. I'm thinking Kelly takes over for Alexander next year, if we lose Ford in FA.....and if he (Kelly) plays well....