Riders at Stamps GDT Friday 8:30PM CT

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 19, 2024, 09:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

A tie here would be equally epic and hilarious. :D
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

gobombersgo

Riders without M.O.P. candidate Rolan Milligan Jr. following birth of child
By 3Down Staff -September 19, 2024

The Saskatchewan Roughriders will be without their best defensive player on Friday, as halfback Rolan Milligan Jr. has stepped away from the team for personal reasons.

On Tuesday, Milligan and his wife welcomed a baby girl, Suni Rebecca. He has not practiced since the delivery and will sit out this week's game.

In 13 games this season, the 30-year-old has established himself as a legitimate M.O.P. candidate, collecting 62 defensive tackles, 18 special teams tackles, and six interceptions. He will be replaced at boundary halfback by Amari Henderson, who has 17 defensive tackles and a forced fumble in four appearances this season.

Also absent from the defensive side of the ball will be defensive end Malik Carney (ankle), as the team's top pass rusher has been placed on the six-game injured list. The 28-year-old has amassed 26 defensive tackles, four sacks, and a forced fumble in 12 games this season. Global Habakkuk Baldonado will step in as the starter, with former Elk Eric Black dressing as insurance.

In addition to the changes on defence, Saskatchewan will have a new starting running back in Week 16. Ryquell Armstead, who was signed on Monday following an unceremonious departure from the Ottawa Redblacks, will step into to lineup, with Frankie Hickson becoming a healthy scratch.

Armstead has recorded 125 carries for 623 yards and three touchdowns and caught 35 passes for 284 yards in 11 games this year. In seven games, Hickson has posted 76 carries for 392 yards and one touchdown, while adding eight receptions for 80 yards through the air.

Rounding out the changes this week, Canadian linebackers Nick Wiebe (knee) and Justin Herdman-Reed (elbow) have both been moved to the six-game injured list, while American fullback Clint Ratkovich has been demoted to the practice roster. Canadian defensive backs Jayden Dalke and Kosi Onyeka, as well as American linebacker Aubrey Miller Jr. all come onto the roster in depth roles.

The Saskatchewan Roughriders (5-7-1) will visit the Calgary Stampeders (4-8-1) on Friday, September 20 at 9:30 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/19/riders-without-m-o-p-candidate-rolan-milligan-jr-following-birth-of-child/

gobombersgo

OL Zack Williams back, Sean McEwen game-time decision for Stamps
By 3Down Staff -September 19, 2024

The Calgary Stampeders will have left guard Zack Williams back along the offensive line for the first time since Week 8, but not all is certain among their front five.

Williams has started all 18 games for the Stamps in each of the past two seasons, making the former third-round pick one of the league's most reliable guards. He has been limited to just seven games this season due to a calf injury, but will step back in with Bryce Bell sidelined by an injury of his own. Depth blocker Kyle Saxelid will be a healthy scratch as a result.

While that should be a boon up front, veteran centre Sean McEwen remains a game-time decision with an undisclosed injury. The 31-year-old has been in and out of the lineup all year and is backed up by Rodeem Brown.

Returning on the defensive side of the ball is American safety Bentlee Sanders, who has 33 defensive tackles, an interception and a forced fumble this year. He'll back up Canadian Nick Statz in this contest but defensive tackle Josiah Coatney will jump back into the starting lineup, despite being a game-time decision with a knee problem. Fellow rookie DT Charles Wiley (Achilles) has been added to the six-game injured list.

Canadian receiver Cole Tucker (hamstring) and American linebacker Darius Williams (healthy scratch) will go on the one-game injured list, while national receiver Rysen John suits up.

The Calgary Stampeders (4-8-1) will host the Saskatchewan Roughriders (5-7-1) on Friday, September 20 at 9:30 p.m. EDT.

https://3downnation.com/2024/09/19/ol-zack-williams-back-sean-mcewen-game-time-decision-for-stamps/

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 19, 2024, 09:20:33 PMA tie here would be equally epic and hilarious. :D

It would certainly make our season-series with both teams meaningful again!
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Bad news for both Milligan and Riders. Hope his kid is ok. Riders can burn.

Blue In BC

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on September 20, 2024, 01:18:53 PMBad news for both Milligan and Riders. Hope his kid is ok. Riders can burn.

Was there some indication of an issue with the birth and health of his child? I hope all is well but I just took him being away as part of wanting to be with his wife and new child.  That's not an uncommon thing for a player to miss a game due to a new arrival.

Congrats to him and his family.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

markf

Why don't the Riders like Hickson?

seems to rip some nice runs, fast, tough.

3rdand1.5

Maybe he has too much character...lol...Armstead appears to fit the Riders "culture" much better.....

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: markf on September 20, 2024, 02:01:02 PMWhy don't the Riders like Hickson?

Mostly ineffective when the yards get tough, he's a little scat back that the game has passed by, the only smaller RB making an impact is Walter Fletcher who picks up a lot of his yards off dump passes.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Blue In BC on September 20, 2024, 01:34:59 PMWas there some indication of an issue with the birth and health of his child? I hope all is well but I just took him being away as part of wanting to be with his wife and new child.  That's not an uncommon thing for a player to miss a game due to a new arrival.

Congrats to him and his family.
True, of course hope for the best.

BBRT

I will be at the game (I think)!! it is raining and cold and windy in Calgary at the moment. Funny thing is I am not sure what the attendance will be like. I have had my 2 - Super Red Season Tickets for years and years and I find that I seldom get to more than 2 or so games a year. Always catch the Bombers and Riders when they are in town but attendance is really down and to be frank the team sort of sucks (and the stadium could sure use some improvements).

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on September 20, 2024, 02:01:02 PMWhy don't the Riders like Hickson?

Hickson had really only 1 good game this season.  Since Thor's been out he's been mostly useless.  No power, no vision.  Just gets stuff and then Mace abandons the run.  Armstead should be a vast improvement, however, it may take him 1-3 weeks more to get fully up to speed.  Deep pass game may suffer.

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on September 20, 2024, 05:16:15 PMMostly ineffective when the yards get tough, he's a little scat back that the game has passed by, the only smaller RB making an impact is Walter Fletcher who picks up a lot of his yards off dump passes.

Fletcher has been getting stuffed as a RB too.  And Brown!  Maybe the time has passed for all little scat backs?  When they get loose they can cream you... but they have to get loose first!

Quote from: 3rdand1.5 on September 20, 2024, 02:12:00 PMMaybe he has too much character...lol...Armstead appears to fit the Riders "culture" much better.....

LOL
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Greenland will go absolutely mental if they lose this game.  As such I'm really hoping they do!  The call-in shows will be vibrating, and no soothing Ponticelli voice to assuage them this year  :D  :D  :D
Never go full Rider!