The good the bad the ugly BANJO TIME

Started by GOLDMEMBER, September 07, 2024, 10:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Good

Top notch crowd, amazing outfits abound.
Oliveira
Castillo
Lawler
Zach when it mattered no ints

Bad

Run D for most part
Strevy down and out
Secondary got picked apart again

Ugly

Nothin
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

dd

Ugly
The Brown low hit on str cellar and then having to watch the moron be all upset they called a penalty on the play. Maybe the league will now do what they should have done in the first place, suspend the idiot to send a message, his play is reckless and won't be tolerated.

Blueforlife

Good
Beat em twice in a row, very hard to do
All phases playing well
No turnovers
Bad
Explosion plays
Ugly
Injuries to Strev and Drew

Jesse

Good

CHAAAAARRRRRLLLLIIIIEEEE ROBERTS!!!!!
Castillio, so good.
Brady in the receiving game.
No INTs
Ford is outstanding
Lawler in the 4th Q
The crowd. Love these kinds of games. Reminded me of going to the Grey Cup. So excited for next year.

Bad

Run game could not get anything going
Lots of shallow passes/screens not getting anywhere

Ugly

Injuries, especially Brown taking out another player
My wife is amazing!

LXTSN

How did we feel about that hit from Brown? On the replay in the stadium it looked like one of our OL almost tackled Brown into Streveler.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Very Bad

Riderfans upset Brown received a penalty for wiping Strevs. knee out.  Time to revoke the franchise from those morons.

TrueBlue75

Quote from: LXTSN on September 08, 2024, 02:46:09 AMHow did we feel about that hit from Brown? On the replay in the stadium it looked like one of our OL almost tackled Brown into Streveler.

He was being tackled and was going down. In that process he pushed forward to grab Strev's legs and pull him down. With how fired up Strev was I would not be surprised if he twisted his leg a bit. At the game, it didn't look as bad as when I watched the PVR replay several times. 100% penalty deserved.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on September 08, 2024, 03:22:44 AMHe was being tackled and was going down. In that process he pushed forward to grab Strev's legs and pull him down. With how fired up Strev was I would not be surprised if he twisted his leg a bit. At the game, it didn't look as bad as when I watched the PVR replay several times. 100% penalty deserved.

Yup, the hit wasn't late, and even though it was low-ish, it wasn't "low" by rule (they should change this so you can't tackle right above or on the knees either).

What he did do that deserves a penalty, and probably a fine, is he MARINO'd Strev's shins/legs by wrapping both arms around and applying his full weight and momentum to Strev's shins/knees.  I say Marino because this is near-identical to the Marino hit on Masoli that took Masoli out for an entire year, and eventually cost Marino his job.

The only thing Brown did that might save him from suspension is he let go eventually.  Marino held Masoli all the way into the turf.

Strev had his left leg/knee hyperextended and I bet he now has the same knee injury Masoli did, and thus will also be out a year.  Strev was in severe pain and the only reason he walked off the field like that is he's a trooper and a bit insane.

As for Brown, watching him on the sidelines I now think he may not be so much dirty as just plain stupid.  Watch him!  After the refs sorted it out and announced the results, he was clapping like a trained seal like he didn't realize his RTP still stood and his HC just lost a fishing OPI.

But it doesn't matter why he's taking out QBs: it only matters that he is.  He's out of control and as such must be reined in.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

GOOD

Zach/MOS/Buck having Zach slide at near the end 4Q1:28 when the pass wasn't open.  I was perplexed @PAS, because you just don't see that by a QB.  But I get it now, if he chucks it into the stands it's incomplete and they can't bleed clock.

By sliding it's like a run play and they bleed an extra 20s off the clock.

It's actually brilliant and I don't know why you don't see that more.  Run the pass play, if it's wide open then take it and the R can stay inbounds to bleed more clock.  If it's not a slam dunk, slide the QB and voila, you took 1/4 of the clock away from the opponent.
Never go full Rider!

markf

Wrong team, but

Ugly:

Trevor Harris at the end of this game and the Labour Day classic

Not clutch.

Minor good....... Ford, post game interview. Chuckling at Alford thinking he could outrun Ford. Saying "thanks" to T. Harris.

Pete

The good
Collaris/Buck realizing Sask relies on turnovers. Collaros went against his instincts to try to make a play when it isn't there. ( Go back to early games ty it lost us games)

Randolph wasnt noticable ( a good thing)

Ford looking like allstar

Bad

We continue to overuse 3 man fronts, we were much more succesful on 4 man, when your opponent has a makeshift oline you exploit it. It mystifying  why we don't put in game plans to attack weaknesses choosing to stick with same d schemes

Johnson 1 target 0 catches Adams would have had more impact
(And can anyone point out a significant block he made)

blue_gold_84

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on September 08, 2024, 03:22:44 AMHe was being tackled and was going down. In that process he pushed forward to grab Strev's legs and pull him down. With how fired up Strev was I would not be surprised if he twisted his leg a bit. At the game, it didn't look as bad as when I watched the PVR replay several times. 100% penalty deserved.

This. Brown can say whatever, but his actions say he's a scumbag.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず
What a wretched timeline.

TBURGESS

Quote from: TecnoGenius on September 08, 2024, 06:49:27 AMYup, the hit wasn't late, and even though it was low-ish, it wasn't "low" by rule (they should change this so you can't tackle right above or on the knees either).

What he did do that deserves a penalty, and probably a fine, is he MARINO'd Strev's shins/legs by wrapping both arms around and applying his full weight and momentum to Strev's shins/knees.  I say Marino because this is near-identical to the Marino hit on Masoli that took Masoli out for an entire year, and eventually cost Marino his job.

The only thing Brown did that might save him from suspension is he let go eventually.  Marino held Masoli all the way into the turf.

Strev had his left leg/knee hyperextended and I bet he now has the same knee injury Masoli did, and thus will also be out a year.  Strev was in severe pain and the only reason he walked off the field like that is he's a trooper and a bit insane.

As for Brown, watching him on the sidelines I now think he may not be so much dirty as just plain stupid.  Watch him!  After the refs sorted it out and announced the results, he was clapping like a trained seal like he didn't realize his RTP still stood and his HC just lost a fishing OPI.

But it doesn't matter why he's taking out QBs: it only matters that he is.  He's out of control and as such must be reined in.
Sometimes penalties are called because of the results (Strev got hurt) &/or reputation (Brown taking out Collaros last week), instead of by rule.

Our OL tackled Brown into Strev. Should have been an illegal block. Not called because of the results.

Wrapping your arms around a players legs to take them down happens all the time. Wrapping up is taught as one of the first things to defensive players. I don't see how they'd take it out of the game.
Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.

Waffler

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 08, 2024, 02:58:59 PMWrapping your arms around a players legs to take them down happens all the time.

Wrapping/holding the plant foot below the knee and applying force to the knee while the leg is immobilized is an injury every time. It's a dirty play and always has been. Every defensive lineman knows about this and that's what it looked like to me. Another accidentally on purpose. Just like the "I can't stop my roll' garbage and helmet lean last week.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: TBURGESS on September 08, 2024, 02:58:59 PMSometimes penalties are called because of the results (Strev got hurt) &/or reputation (Brown taking out Collaros last week), instead of by rule.

Our OL tackled Brown into Strev. Should have been an illegal block. Not called because of the results.

Wrapping your arms around a players legs to take them down happens all the time. Wrapping up is taught as one of the first things to defensive players. I don't see how they'd take it out of the game.

The problem is when he wrapped his arms around Strev's thighs his falling weight of 200+ lbs. was applied directly to Strev's planted knee, if he did not lock on with his arms he may have knocked him back but the weight would not have been directly transferred.  Physics aside this is the reason they don't allow tackling beneath the QB's knees, the point of contact isn't the issue it's the forces applied to vulnerable joints in dangerous situations.