No West team has a winning record in week 12 *

Started by TecnoGenius, August 23, 2024, 05:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

No West team has a winning record in week 12!

* (see below)

When have we ever seen a West division have every team .500 or below by week 12?  Usually someone would have 8-9 wins by now... often us!  Or in the past, CGY.

The East is really doing us slow starters (WPG, EDM) a solid by smacking down the West teams week after week.  If HAM wasn't so hapless, they could have a legit shot at a crossover this season!

If OTT can help us out and keep this streak going vs BC, that would keep this topic alive.  At home with Masoli and Dru to pick from!  BC is disarray!  GO EAST!

* Well, SSK has the half-game extra point, so I guess technically they do, but I won't let that ruin my nice new topic!  And hey, 11 GP for a possible 22 points and they have 11 points, so I guess they maybe technically don't have a winning record!  Someone help me out on this one... or am I being pedantic?
Never go full Rider!

jayrock

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 23, 2024, 05:57:17 AMNo West team has a winning record in week 12!

* (see below)

When have we ever seen a West division have every team .500 or below by week 12?  Usually someone would have 8-9 wins by now... often us!  Or in the past, CGY.

The East is really doing us slow starters (WPG, EDM) a solid by smacking down the West teams week after week.  If HAM wasn't so hapless, they could have a legit shot at a crossover this season!

If OTT can help us out and keep this streak going vs BC, that would keep this topic alive.  At home with Masoli and Dru to pick from!  BC is disarray!  GO EAST!

* Well, SSK has the half-game extra point, so I guess technically they do, but I won't let that ruin my nice new topic!  And hey, 11 GP for a possible 22 points and they have 11 points, so I guess they maybe technically don't have a winning record!  Someone help me out on this one... or am I being pedantic?

If you do the math the Riders technically have a winning record of .550 thanks to the tie.
the rest of the season will be interesting as there will be more western match-ups.

And for the record, not to sure what hurts the most; a tie or a walk of rouge.

On and I still get one more day to say they are the best in the west regardless of what happens tonight. HAHA...blahhh
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

theaardvark

We are the only team playing against an opponent with a worse record this week...

Weird
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: jayrock on August 23, 2024, 01:25:17 PMOn and I still get one more day to say they are the best in the west regardless of what happens tonight. HAHA...blahhh

True!  Enjoy your green winning ways while you can, as they can be fleeting.  This might be your year if you can stay healthy.  We're getting slobberknockered, and I'm not sure we can keep finding fingers to put in the dike.

And on your math: probably right!  The T gives you bragging rights until next week.  Early odds will favor SSK if our 6GIR gets any bigger by Tuesday.  At least both teams finally get a "long" week.  May the bluest team win!
Never go full Rider!

theaardvark

In games inside the division, every team is exactly .500

Weird
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

ModAdmin

As of today, the Bombers are in 2nd place in the West.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

BomberFan73

Bonkers to think we're 1 point out of 1st

That tie breaker vs BC is looking BIG right about now.  Would be awesome to see us take the big games vs Sask and that tie breaker as well!  ;D

bwiser

We are not likely to finish in a tie with Saskatchewan as they have the very rare tie in their record.

RebusRankin

When was the last time we were this far into the season and no team in the west had a winning record?

Blueforlife

I knew the parity in the league would be evident this year

Bombers forgot to start the season but we are the class of the West.  Just gotta stomp Sask to cement our greatness.

J5V

Labour Day Classic - Game #2 against the Sask Roughriders

To have any hope of winning the series against Sask we need a victory in this game.

Keys to a Bomber Victory

Win the turnover battle
- Last time here we lost the turnover battle 0-3

Capitalize on opportunities
- Last time here Demski's fumble late on a big gainer probably cost us a tie game
- Untimely INT by Zach also took points off the board for us

Change in QB
- Our D is going to have to have a big day. They'll be tested often by Harris

Hang on to the Challenge Flag
- Although I don't know how much it'll help considering what happened here last time with the phantom calls and all
- Suspicious ball placement is also a concern after last game

Another big day by Castillo
- His kicking was terrific last time he was at Mosaic. We're going to need more of the same
Go Bombers!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: RebusRankin on August 25, 2024, 02:40:35 PMWhen was the last time we were this far into the season and no team in the west had a winning record?

Calling @Stats Junkie

Corollary: when's the last time 1-2 W teams weren't running away with it by now?

Ancillary: when's the last time the E collective points were so much more than the W by now?  Ever?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: J5V on August 25, 2024, 08:41:55 PMLabour Day Classic - Game #2 against the Sask Roughriders

Hang on to the Challenge Flag
- Although I don't know how much it'll help considering what happened here last time with the phantom calls and all

This is absolutely critical.  Unless it's the clearest slam dunk ever in realtime in multiple camera angles, MOS must hang onto the challenge until mid-4th Q.

"Correct" no longer has anything to do with it.  Player opinion, being adamant they are right and "saw it" means nothing.  Even coaches seeing it live means nothing.  Slowmo on the jumbotron means nothing.  All that matters is what the realtime angles show on the ipad/jumbotron.  Real. Time.

The threat of that flag keeps refs (more) honest and (more) scared to flag chintzy fouls.  And I do agree that there seems to be a slight green bias in the green barn simply because of fan ire/noise/pressure... no ref wants manure put in their checked bags at YQR!
Never go full Rider!

DM83

Riders are due for a win
Their QB is better than ours this year
Younger. Will somehow think giving Harris all the time in the world is a good thing.
Our offensive line with injuries is looking. Offensive.
Is this the game we lose Collaros?

ModAdmin

Quote from: DM83 on August 27, 2024, 03:10:33 AMRiders are due for a win
Their QB is better than ours this year
Younger. Will somehow think giving Harris all the time in the world is a good thing.
Our offensive line with injuries is looking. Offensive.
Is this the game we lose Collaros?

...and sometimes your negative-sounding opinions are just...negative.

And what team is DUE for a win. Doesn't matter how many games you lost. You only win because you play better than your opposition and score more points than the other team.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden