Shut out of Blue Bombers' Blitz Picks!

Started by Foxhound, August 01, 2024, 09:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

Has anyone else been shut out of Blue Bombers' Blitz Picks today? Here it is over three hours before game time and I can't make my picks! It says "In Progress" which is ridiculous!

>:(
Radically Canadian!

gobombersgo

gobombersgo

and it happened again this week to me as well.

Foxhound

What the hell? Do they close out the picking period at random? It's always been a minute before game time in Fantasy.

Blitz Picks was great fun last year. Then this year Genius Sports made Blitz Picks team specific which made the game decidedly less interesting. I don't undrstand the change. I mean if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

And now I'm shut out this week.

I hate Genius Sports!

>:(
Radically Canadian!

TecnoGenius

All blitz picks have to be made before the designated start time of ANY of the games that week.

And you have to wait until they finish determining the results of the previous week, which I've found takes 1-2 days.

If you got the "in progress" then you may have been too early or too late.

You're saying you tried to make blitz picks 3 hours right before the first game of the week?  That would be very odd, and a bug.  I did my picks ~12 hours before the kickoff and it worked fine.

Maybe to be safe with the incompetence on display @genius you should do your preliminary picks 24 hours ahead of the first game, then you can go back and refine/revise a couple of hours before the first kickoff.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Hey, I got hit by this bug just now!  At 7pm I was trying to my blitzpicks in before the 8pm kickoff.

This time not only would it not let me pick a team playing tonight, but they wouldn't let me pick the WPG game many days out!  Just like you said, eh?

I tried half the teams and none would let me pick.

I can't make any sense of it.  The other day I didn't make my picks until Fri (after a Thu game had been played) and they still let me make picks for a team that hadn't played yet.

Someone's making mistakes or there's a bug in it.  Back to my previous "moral of the story": get your picks in >12 hours ahead of time.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

I'm pretty much resigned to not getting anywhere with Blitz this year.  I'll still try to play each week, but it'll just be for poops and giggles.

I'm still not even sure whether you are supposed to just pick 1 team each week or all of them!  It's a dumb new interface and system.  Which is weird, because it was so much better last year.
Never go full Rider!