Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg, July 12, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 11, 2024, 01:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesse

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 11, 2024, 05:44:23 PMOther small change along our defensive line is that Woods listed ahead of Adams (it was inversed last week). Not sure if it will affect snap counts but it's likely not an accident.

Now that I've thought about this, Adam's will obviously start at DE, just like he did prior to Fayad moving there.

Listing Hubert there is just MOS roster shenanigans.
My wife is amazing!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: BomberFan73 on July 11, 2024, 12:39:25 PMExcept Brown looked terrible, and Ott only had a sparkle of life when Crun came in.

I'm not sure I'd say Dru looked terrible.  I would bet huge money that when Dru is cleared to play OTT will start (and roll with) Dru.

Are you hinting Crum is the better QB and will be anointed as starter?

The problem with a "run-mostly QB" is they can look great for 0-2 games and then Ds will key on their limitations and the QB will then suck (like Crum in 2023 after a couple of games).  That's why its imperative we get Strev's passing game going if he is ever going to start for any period of time.  Teams will figure out how to shut him down, just as they will Crum.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Foxhound on July 11, 2024, 04:47:13 PMWhere pray tell?

Huge kudos to WFC... for this week they put the chart up on the bb.com depth chart page around the 24-hour-pre-KO time.  In other words, they finally put it up on time just like every other team does.

WFC listening to the fans!!  Keep it up, WFC and all is forgiven!

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024-depth-position-charts/

Thanks all, thanks WM!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 11, 2024, 03:17:24 PMOk. 11 Canadians starting. Looking forward to seeing more of Hubert. He's looked good in his limited action so far this season.

Could we be in a good position to look at trades with our huge surplus of decent NATs, with a team that has a shortage of NATs?

My thinking is trade a low/mid-priced NAT to a team with an established middling/promising IMP (i.e. a possible SMS "bargain") at a position we have dire need of (DT, DE, WR).

Both sides could benefit, and we can afford it as at most it's ELC$ to $90-$110, which we can afford due to 6GIR.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: wpg#1 on July 11, 2024, 04:10:40 PMI'll add this .. stop taking stupid penalties !!

That should actually be job #1.  Even though we're still low-penalized by league-wide standards, we're taking waaaay too many by our standards, especially on O.  You can bet MOS is prioritizing this.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: theaardvark on July 11, 2024, 09:28:08 PMMills is back, so there's that.  We have to stop him up the gut and then let the DB's ball hawk... 

If I was CGY, I'd be having my RBs attack the edges.  We're pretty stout against the gut.  And we're pretty weak against the edge attack.  And Logan & Mills can also be very fast.

Thankfully Maier is probably tied with Zach as being the least-runningy QB, so we don't have to worry about that with our usual wide open flat problem.
Never go full Rider!

GOLDMEMBER

Let's kick some Stamp *** today boys!

GO BOMBERS GO
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 12, 2024, 06:22:29 AMCould we be in a good position to look at trades with our huge surplus of decent NATs, with a team that has a shortage of NATs?

My thinking is trade a low/mid-priced NAT to a team with an established middling/promising IMP (i.e. a possible SMS "bargain") at a position we have dire need of (DT, DE, WR).

Both sides could benefit, and we can afford it as at most it's ELC$ to $90-$110, which we can afford due to 6GIR.

That's occurred to me but finding a partner that wants what we're willing to give up and has something we want is always the challenge.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

BomberFan73

Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 12, 2024, 06:06:56 AMI'm not sure I'd say Dru looked terrible.  I would bet huge money that when Dru is cleared to play OTT will start (and roll with) Dru.

The problem with a "run-mostly QB" is they can look great for 0-2 games and then Ds will key on their limitations and the QB will then suck (like Crum in 2023 after a couple of games).  That's why its imperative we get Strev's passing game going if he is ever going to start for any period of time.  Teams will figure out how to shut him down, just as they will Crum.

Ott had no offense with Brown in there
Quote from: TecnoGenius on July 12, 2024, 06:06:56 AMI'm not sure I'd say Dru looked terrible.  I would bet huge money that when Dru is cleared to play OTT will start (and roll with) Dru.

All I'm saying is what I said.
Brown looked bad, Ott had no life with him at the helm, and only got some with Crum.  The reasons for this are in your last paragraph.
I never said Crum would be the starter, I'm talking about our game only.
Brown won the position in camp, so they must feel pretty good about him as their starter, but I don't think he's irreplaceable.

Throw Long Bannatyne

I consider Crum and Strev. to be currently on the same level, Strev. is the better runner and Crum may be the better passer based on style alone.  Both of them have not developed as much as I thought they would and wouldn't consider either future starters at this point.

Blue In BC

I predict one of Bond or Ford will make a significant int in this game. Both have been playing very well and not being targeted at all. At some point Maier is going to need to throw to those receivers and I'm thinking one of our DB's is going to jump a route.

Confidence levels of both players is increasing after playing more and I can see them baiting Maier.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

ModAdmin

Tonight is also Purolator Tackle Hunger night at the game.

Bring a tin for the Purolator bin and enter for a chance to win one of the following prizes...

- Autographed Brady Oliviera jersey

- $250 gift card for merch at the Bomber Store

- Blue Bomber team autographed football.

Winners to be announced during the 4th quarter.

This is also a "wear white" game so dress accordingly!
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

dd

Quote from: Blue In BC on July 12, 2024, 04:38:30 PMI predict one of Bond or Ford will make a significant int in this game. Both have been playing very well and not being targeted at all. At some point Maier is going to need to throw to those receivers and I'm thinking one of our DB's is going to jump a route.

Confidence levels of both players is increasing after playing more and I can see them baiting Maier.
There is no Bond on our roster, there is a Terrell BondS on our roster, BondS with an S.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: dd on July 12, 2024, 05:51:45 PMThere is no Bond on our roster, there is a Terrell BondS on our roster, BondS with an S.

Pretty sure everyone knew what he meant.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_or_die

I'll take flack for this but w/e: this is a (sort of but not really) must-win game.

No, it's not that objectively, but really, how horrible would it be to lose this game? Dig in deeper and show that even with a healthy Zach we can't beat a mid or lower tier team at home with a big crowd = PATHETIC.

Conversely, win and it will feel GREAT. We're back, baby. We are right back in the picture, on a 2 game win streak, and everyone will be excited about the Bombers and their chances again.

There is no middle...
#Ride?