Official Game Day Thread - Calgary at Winnipeg, July 12, 2024

Started by ModAdmin, July 11, 2024, 01:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxhound

Radically Canadian!

gobombersgo

Ed Tait   @EdTaitWFC
Just one change to the @Wpg_BlueBombers lineup this week -- on is DE Lucky Ogbevoen, off is DE Ali Fayad, who was released earlier in this week. Owen Hubert listed as the starter at DE opposite Willie Jefferson

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming
Collaros starts, but no unexpected changes as the #Bombers host the rematch with the Stamps Friday night.

gobombersgo

markonfootball   @Markonfootball
Roster changes, Calgary Stampeders at Winnipeg Blue Bombers, July 12, 2024

Add to roster:

DB Nick Statz
RB Dedrick Mills

Remove from roster:

DB Ben Labrosse (1-game injured)
RB B. J. Emmons (6-game injured)

ROSTER ANALYSIS:  Musical chairs at running back.  B. J. Emmons is off, Dedrick Mills returns to work with Peyton Logan out of the backfield.  Meanwhile, Nick Statz returns in the secondary as rookie Ben Labrosse nurses an ankle injury.

Sir Blue and Gold

Other small change along our defensive line is that Woods listed ahead of Adams (it was inversed last week). Not sure if it will affect snap counts but it's likely not an accident.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pete on July 11, 2024, 03:56:18 PMBring back Jeffcoat, at least til we can find someone else

At least you didn't say until they find someone better!   :D

BomberFan73

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on July 11, 2024, 05:44:23 PMOther small change along our defensive line is that Woods listed ahead of Adams (it was inversed last week). Not sure if it will affect snap counts but it's likely not an accident.

I noticed that too.  It's likely to keep them both on their toes, I don't know if one has been any better than the other.

LXTSN

We have to get pressure on Maier!
Hubert strikes me as a good run-stopper. At 6-4 260lb he should at least get in the way of passing lanes too.
Not sure that anyone can say what to expect from Lucky though. Just a nice little side story to keep an eye on!

theaardvark

11 starting Nats.  Is that a record in the modern era?  It should be.

That gives us 2 free spots on either side of the ball for Americans to come in for Nats...

Kinda crazy.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Pigskin

Calgary dressing 9 DL, but only 6 OL. No Houston.

Going to be a tough night on the big boys.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on July 11, 2024, 08:37:54 PMCalgary dressing 9 DL, but only 6 OL. No Houston.

Going to be a tough night on the big boys.

9 man D-line???  They're telegraphing their game plan!

theaardvark

CGY:  3 DA's, and their LT is a GTD with only 6 OL dressed? (looks like they have Amer Tate available if Demery can't go. )

Maier might not get out of this alive.

Mills is back, so there's that.  We have to stop him up the gut and then let the DB's ball hawk... 

Our DT's are all 6'2 290 except for the svelte Thomas at 6'2 274.  Skinniest DT has the nickname Fatboi.

Lets hope they rotate, stay fresh and pummel that Oline.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.