We Need WRs

Started by BomberFan73, June 23, 2024, 02:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on June 23, 2024, 04:19:13 PMI could see the Bombers bring back Kody Case or Sy Barnett. If DS83 is gone long term, someone with CFL experience like Lucky. Hey, Darvin Adams is out there. I would think KL89 is at least 3 weeks away from practicing.

Lucky would be a great pick up, and he's cheap.  Helpfully, Zach's feather-touch passes are actually perfect for a body-catcher like "No Hands" Lucky.

I don't know if the Darvin comment was a joke, but whilst he would have been an option last year, he isn't this year because it's been 1.5 years since he took a snap.  Besides, tons of other guys on the couch.  Ellingson, Ambles, and like 100 more vets.
Never go full Rider!

Sir Blue and Gold

No to Lucky, Darvin or any other of the guys that have aged out. Won't help much. We've got a whole season left to play and should be looking with one eye to next year. Bring in guys and let's find a player or two.

Blue In BC

O'Shea claims the rookies were the best group we've had in many years. Those released were caught in either a numbers game or early injury as was the case with Alston.

That said, chemistry is very important as well as talent and upside. Needing to start 3 rookies in the CFL is going to be painful regardless of long term development.

If the team was 2 - 1 instead of 0 - 3 we might be able to absorb a downturn in the team performance.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 25, 2024, 01:19:10 PMO'Shea claims the rookies were the best group we've had in many years. Those released were caught in either a numbers game or early injury as was the case with Alston.

That said, chemistry is very important as well as talent and upside. Needing to start 3 rookies in the CFL is going to be painful regardless of long term development.

If the team was 2 - 1 instead of 0 - 3 we might be able to absorb a downturn in the team performance.

Buck has to reduce his playbook for simplicity sake and Zach has to start thinking about getting first downs instead of throwing homerun balls.

Pigskin

It might have been a strong group, but I think Case and Barnett were guys that should still be here. Injury could have played into that. 
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Mike

I'd like to see us pluck Makai Polk off the Argos PR if he goes back there.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on June 25, 2024, 03:32:41 PMIt might have been a strong group, but I think Case and Barnett were guys that should still be here. Injury could have played into that. 

I think they did have injury issues which led to their release. OTOH, they may not have been willing to accept a PR spot.

The PR spot may now have evolved to near immediate roll on the AR due to injuries to starters. Bombers might still be trying to contact or bring them back?

We'll see how next man up perform this week.

Because we've had Clercius and Murphy around for a more extended period, we may actually see 3 starting Canadian receivers this week.

That would give another import spot on defence. The problem there is we don't have another position to use a PR player to start per se.

On defence we already had Kramdi and Thomas starting so we could have gone import at one of those spots before.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 25, 2024, 03:59:52 PMI think they did have injury issues which led to their release. OTOH, they may not have been willing to accept a PR spot.

The PR spot may now have evolved to near immediate roll on the AR due to injuries to starters. Bombers might still be trying to contact or bring them back?

We'll see how next man up perform this week.

Because we've had Clercius and Murphy around for a more extended period, we may actually see 3 starting Canadian receivers this week.

That would give another import spot on defence. The problem there is we don't have another position to use a PR player to start per se.

On defence we already had Kramdi and Thomas starting so we could have gone import at one of those spots before.

I think Clercius filled in for Whetfall at receiver after he went down last week, both received no pass attempts.  Hoping they groom him as an inside receiver to replace Bailey and let him put his physicality to good use.  Not a good location for him on the far side of the field.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Throw Long Bannatyne on June 25, 2024, 06:03:18 PMI think Clercius filled in for Whetfall at receiver after he went down last week, both received no pass attempts.  Hoping they groom him as an inside receiver to replace Bailey and let him put his physicality to good use.  Not a good location for him on the far side of the field.

I don't disagree. Just thinking we don't have enough imports on the PR that have been here for longer than a week. Alston will just have a couple of practices and game speed and conditioning might not be ready this week.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

Alston was here last fall. He should know our O. As far as conditioning? But, he looked very fit on the two bombs he caught today.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on June 25, 2024, 08:58:14 PMAlston was here last fall. He should know our O. As far as conditioning? But, he looked very fit on the two bombs he caught today.

I'm sure he'll be ahead of some others with knowledge of the playbook. He probably has been working out waiting to get back. It's the endurance question that might be an issue. He might be the receiver going deeper, faster more often but we'll see how he holds up if he gets in this week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

ichabod_crane

Quote from: dd on June 23, 2024, 03:51:31 PMAnd back in Toronto, Bailey is laughing at us!! He's having a whale of a season and the cheapskates in Winnipeg who couldn't 'afford' him, have their 2 high priced receivers on the IR. Talk about irony!!

Yeah well it's easy to cry sour grapes and I TOLD YOU SO when the unfortunate happens. Maybe they should have kept Raschid, maybe not. I'm not in the decision room making those choices. Not easy when you got a salary cap to keep EVERYONE Happy! So you live with it the best you can. Play a few hunches/gambles and hope it works out. It's just how the ball bounces. O'Shea and Walters not intentionally looking to sabotage the Bombers, just not their year so far. 

A LONG SEASON yet. Nobody has won ANYTHING so far. Just make the playoffs and Bombers could be scary if all these injured guys can come back healthy and with major motivation of being criticized right now. Oilers down 3 zip and roar back. Unfortunate they lost game 7, but shows it's never over until it's OVER!! :) A bounce here or two last night and they are whooping it up in the City of Chumps! ;) :D

theaardvark

Wolitarsky slides to Schoen's spot, Clercius into Woli's spot...  just makes sense.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

Quote from: theaardvark on June 26, 2024, 07:32:03 PMWolitarsky slides to Schoen's spot, Clercius into Woli's spot...  just makes sense.

Maybe. Hard to know if we add 2 import receivers, if both will start or will be more rotational players.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: theaardvark on June 26, 2024, 07:32:03 PMWolitarsky slides to Schoen's spot, Clercius into Woli's spot...  just makes sense.

...not really.