Grading the new OL

Started by TecnoGenius, June 08, 2024, 04:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you grade the new 2024 OL based only on game 1?

A lot worse than 2023
1 (5.6%)
A bit worse than 2023
13 (72.2%)
Same as 2023
3 (16.7%)
Better than 2023
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: June 12, 2024, 04:02:12 AM

Lincoln Locomotive

Too early....but I don't think they're as good on the run game which was their bread and butter the last 3-4 seasons.   Give them a few more games before we assess them.
Bomber fan for life

TecnoGenius

Quote from: markf on June 10, 2024, 06:55:27 PMThere are quite a few people in the two forums who are quick to dump on the team, players, coach.....some of them seem to enjoy a loss, since it proves (to them at least) that O'Shea is not a good coach.

Well, I'm certainly not one of those!  I love MOS and think he's one of our best coaches ever, and strongly believe he'll get us another couple of cups.

But bringing up questions and points, and offering and looking for constructive criticism is not "dumping on the team".

In fact, I think the results of the poll here show that for the most part we are pretty happy with the OL unit and it will likely improve.  When I made the poll I would have guessed half would pick "a lot worse".  And the comments here have been generally upbeat.  With the massive OL changes the results could have been muuuuuch worse.

Hey, even MOS said the coaches (and thus the team) let us down.  Is that dumping?
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: dd on June 11, 2024, 02:02:31 AMI thought the O line did OK...the difference in the game was Collaros missing Lawler in the end zone and then the pass thrown behind schoen in the end zone that let gave the DB a chance to knock it down. If those 2 passes were thrown correctly, we win that ball game. Its Collaros that has to pickup his game, not the O line.

I'd also say all those 2 and outs, especially early.  Did Zach even complete half his throws?  Ugh...

Oh ya, also that untimely horrendous turnover to start off MTL's scoring...
Never go full Rider!