Mike O'Shea / Walters has let this team/fans down

Started by boscoe, June 07, 2024, 05:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waffler

Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Pete

The main beef i have with OShea/Walters is their refusal to bring anyone else in from another team to help fill our holes. We have a number of openings and we get is Loften. Last year we begged Walters to bring in Lemon and he signs with Montreal. (and we know how that turned out)
 We should try to sign Chandler Worthy immediately, and also look at Titus Wall, Mason FIne or Tevin Jones if Lawler is injured for any time.
 Your right the amount of rookies we brought in demonstrated quantity over quality at the db and wr positions. I will say both dt/end Adams and Woods look like keepers.
 We simply aren't good enough to just play bomber football and not scheme to take advantage of other teams weaknesses.

dd

Quote from: Pete on June 07, 2024, 10:02:47 PMThe main beef i have with OShea/Walters is their refusal to bring anyone else in from another team to help fill our holes. We have a number of openings and we get is Loften. Last year we begged Walters to bring in Lemon and he signs with Montreal. (and we know how that turned out)
 We should try to sign Chandler Worthy immediately, and also look at Titus Wall, Mason FIne or Tevin Jones if Lawler is injured for any time.
 Your right the amount of rookies we brought in demonstrated quantity over quality at the db and wr positions. I will say both dt/end Adams and Woods look like keepers.
I agree 100% on this. Its almost like they're too proud to pickup someone else's cast off.

Well Chandler Worthy is a ton better than anything we have currently fielding punts and kicks, and its killing our field position game.

And roll things back to the tail end of last season...Biggie is hurt, why not bring in Sankey??? can you imagine what our defense would look like with him in the lineup?? Well he looks pretty darn good in an Alouettes uniform!!! Total stud out there. And when Biggie comes back from injury and we can't afford both, you can always trade what you don't need, there was no downside to this move, but we didn't make it and it cost us a Grey Cup.

And the preparation for this season opener, yikes, don't even go there. We were lost out there last night, definitely pre season form on the vets and that falls squarely on the shoulders of the coaches.

DM83

One game.  Sure.  However stinky trend.
Ford! Yikes.
No deep threats? 
Bombers beat themselves.  Montreal just played basic fundamental football.
Bombers will and are having problems.
Nice flea flicker
Anyone watch numerous Bombers players giving little effort pursuing plays.  That's always a tell-tale sign, people do not care, are out of shape, and the team is lazy.

Whatever.  The team looked like it was playing an exhibition game.
Certainly not worth paying to see.  ( but I discovered 10% beer two weeks ago)

Waffler

Quote from: DM83 on June 07, 2024, 10:18:59 PMThat's always a tell-tale sign, people do not care, are out of shape, and the team is lazy.

I wouldn't say lazy at all. What I fear is over confidence, feeling too safe and system stagnation.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Blueforlife

Classic knee jerk reaction to a club that fell on their face but will get back up again, seen this story before.

Brutal game but let's take a breath and see what we got before we get too worried.

Losing Lawler will hurt bad.

Jesse

Quote from: Pete on June 07, 2024, 10:02:47 PMThe main beef i have with OShea/Walters is their refusal to bring anyone else in from another team to help fill our holes. We have a number of openings and we get is Loften. Last year we begged Walters to bring in Lemon and he signs with Montreal. (and we know how that turned out)
 We simply aren't good enough to just play bomber football and not scheme to take advantage of other teams weaknesses.

Many of our core come from other teams. The "problem" is our success. This group has been so successful together that we've essentially have said they have earned the right to run it back. But in order to keep this group together, it's made it difficult to sign vets to augment when we're already going over the cap.
My wife is amazing!

dd

Quote from: Blueforlife on June 07, 2024, 11:10:27 PMClassic knee jerk reaction to a club that fell on their face but will get back up again, seen this story before.

Brutal game but let's take a breath and see what we got before we get too worried.

Losing Lawler will hurt bad.

It's not knee jerk. Fans are free to voice their thoughts on the game and not everybody sees the game the way you do nor should they be expected to.

The fact is the bombers are paying certain players an absolute boat load of money to perform, so with that comes the expectation of performance, which we didn't get. So everybody has the right to be upset. Our so called MOP Qb and high priced receiver(s) got schooled by a Qb castoff and a kid just barely out of college.

We have kickers complaining about chips in the football throwing them off, yet the chip didn't seem to affect Montreal's kicking game. Absolutely Embarrassing, and the bombers collectively as a group should be ashamed of themselves. And with the injuries we have to key players such as Lawler and biggie, this group is going to struggle until they come back. I fully expect nothing better than a 3-3 record in the 6 games these guys are going to be out. Will be pleasantly surprised if they fair better, but won't be ranting when they don't. They don't have the horses to pull the cart.

Blueforlife

Quote from: dd on June 08, 2024, 12:46:25 AMIt's not knee jerk. Fans are free to voice their thoughts on the game and not everybody sees the game the way you do nor should they be expected to.

The fact is the bombers are paying certain players an absolute boat load of money to perform, so with that comes the expectation of performance, which we didn't get. So everybody has the right to be upset. Our so called MOP Qb and high priced receiver(s) got schooled by a Qb castoff and a kid just barely out of college.

We have kickers complaining about chips in the football throwing them off, yet the chip didn't seem to affect Montreal's kicking game. Absolutely Embarrassing, and the bombers collectively as a group should be ashamed of themselves. And with the injuries we have to key players such as Lawler and biggie, this group is going to struggle until they come back. I fully expect nothing better than a 3-3 record in the 6 games these guys are going to be out. Will be pleasantly surprised if they fair better, but won't be ranting when they don't. They don't have the horses to pull the cart.

We can agree to disagree, we are seeing this differently and that's OK, not looking for an argument here.  Yup we all entitled to our opinion, which keeps this place balanced.  Seen this story before after a bad game or difficult stretch.  I take the long view, I like to watch for months not days before I judge a team.

I  disagree strongly about you calling out the best QB in the league and a stellar group of receivers.  A bad game, that's it and a bad injury.  I expect about the same record as you to start.  Maybe one more win.  Our offense is our strength and played bad.  It happens and Montreal D is stellar.  Imo you and others are over stating our weakness and you are not giving enough props to Montreal club that is pretty good and played exceptional.

I knew this year it would a challenge on the forum as soon as we show any weakness, many pile on.  This was extremely evident on here a number of years ago pre dynasty run.  I'll do me others can do them, that ok, Ying and yang.

dd

Our Qb and receivers are professionals, they get paid to perform, went you don't  perform, expect some heat especially when you're pulling down $600k. That's the nature of any professional athlete, you get paid the exorvinate bucks that the rest of the team has to adjust and make concessions for, you better put up the numbers, score goals, hit homer runs, or whatever it is that is expected from you.

And this is not one game. ZC hardly played lights out in last year's grey. Up, in fact, he struggled there too. I am seeing a trend here and it's heading in the wrong direction.

And I ll chill out on the receivers, they can only catch what's thrown to them and the pass to Lawler and schoen in the end zone for 12 points is what cost us the game. Beginning to wonder if we did the right th8ng letting brown go.....

Blueforlife

Quote from: dd on June 08, 2024, 03:06:29 AMOur Qb and receivers are professionals, they get paid to perform, went you don't  perform, expect some heat especially when you're pulling down $600k. That's the nature of any professional athlete, you get paid the exorvinate bucks that the rest of the team has to adjust and make concessions for, you better put up the numbers, score goals, hit homer runs, or whatever it is that is expected from you.

And this is not one game. ZC hardly played lights out in last year's grey. Up, in fact, he struggled there too. I am seeing a trend here and it's heading in the wrong direction.

And I ll chill out on the receivers, they can only catch what's thrown to them and the pass to Lawler and schoen in the end zone for 12 points is what cost us the game. Beginning to wonder if we did the right th8ng letting brown go.....
Zach, Lawler and Schoen are some of the best players in the league and yes they need to consistently produce but they also will have bad games.  Zach has had a few bad games but his time as Bomber has been mostly exceptional.  I believe you are strong overstating the negative here.  Losing Brown was unfortunate but a necessity due to cap issues.  I loved Brown but a scenario to keep him was far fetched.

I seen no trend on Zach just a few normal bumps in the road.

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Sir Blue and Gold on June 07, 2024, 01:30:18 PMYou would like more change? Or you want O'Shea to make the players run the stadium steps before each practice?

Might have helped stumblin' Brady in week 1!  Not my words even: MOS said similar in the post-game about Brady's wobbly footwork possibly being helped by practice/TC.

So ya, 10 laps up and down the 100-level for every skill player!  Stat!
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: kkc60 on June 07, 2024, 04:14:42 PMWilson didn't do much of anything. Not a great look when holes the team has had all offseason don't really appear to be adequately filled

Wilson did have a solid short catch near the end.  He had very solid hands and perfect technique and then tried to move it up field.  I remember it because I was thinking as it was leaving Zach's hands that "better not drop it" like Demski et al did most of the night on those short passes.

Maybe we should have looked his way sooner.  I bet MTL wasn't given him much coverage.
Never go full Rider!

ichabod_crane

Quote from: Blue In BC on June 07, 2024, 03:03:27 PMThe article stated the USFL did the same thing in 2021 and eliminated them after 2 games due to same issues.

It also said all CFL kickers have complained. Whether that is entirely accurate I don't know. The Als kicker also missed a convert, so he had issues as well.

Is it impacting punting placement as well? Watching a few more games and we'll see what's what.

Castillo has been very consistent in his career. I'd take his opinion as valid.

WHO EXACTLY was demanding more data on kicked balls? First I ever heard of this and I could care less! WATCH THE VIDEO people! What more do you need unless the betting biz is dealing with how long actual kicks/punts are? Overload and I don't watch the CFL/NFL/NHL or ANY Sport for the gambling. Sometimes buy Grey Cup pool tickets for fund raisers, but that's about it. Could care less about the gambling aspect outside laughing when people eventually lose money to the house like in Las Vegas. A sucker is born every minute....although I dabble in Lotto 6/49 & Lotto Max every once in a while as taking a long shot for mega millions is a nice dream to have!! :D

I have a love of sport and competition and rivalries. Nothing else I need to motivate me to watch the games. Athletes representing Canada in any international hockey/basketball/soccer competition, Olympics, downhill skiing, etc, I am pulling for those athletes. A stupid bet is the last thing on my mind. Maybe related to mobile phone addictions too. Getting a buzz from the betting "Win" the few times it happens! :D