Previous topic - Next topic

kkc60

And here I thought he maybe just didn't wanna play anymore. Very tough loss

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Waffler

Are you sure it is the same Janarion Grant?

"The five-foot-10, 173-pound returner"  as per press release.

He used to be:
Height 5'9
Weight 157 lbs

New "heights" of stretching the truth out of Argoville. I am sure he'll do well there, wouldn't mind knowing what they paid though.
Buried in the essentially random digits of pi, you can find your eight-digit birthdate. (Is that a wink from God or just a lot of digits?) - David G. Myers

Throw Long Bannatyne

Grant was the magic solution to the return problems that challenged the team for many years, oh well back to the days of struggle and mediocrity.

BBRT

Pigskin

Good signing for the Argo's if he can stay healthy.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

theaardvark

Pinball spending some of the Kelly 9 game $SMS savings...

Guessing MOS/Walters assessed that we have enough talent in camp that matching Pinball's offer wasn't worth it. 

Time will tell if this was a wise signing by Pinball, he seems to like signing ex-Bombers.  I guess he's also saving on Clements "retiring"...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

LXTSN

I really wish we could've signed him. He's going to be good for the Argos unfortunately.

Jesse

That's a bit of a blow. He should have been a Bomber for life. It's too bad he never became a bigger part of the offence.
My wife is amazing!

theaardvark

Not sour grapes, but....

Grant, when in the lineup, was great. 

Staying healthy was not his strong suit.

Only 8 games last year...
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

blue_gold_84

Quote from: Jesse on May 28, 2024, 05:08:00 PMThat's a bit of a blow. He should have been a Bomber for life. It's too bad he never became a bigger part of the offence.

I can see why considering the receiver talent and depth this team has had for a number of years now.

Special teams insofar as the return game is what's concerning for me right now with no proven commodity at a pretty crucial position.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

blue_gold_84

Quote from: theaardvark on May 28, 2024, 05:51:23 PMNot sour grapes, but....

Had he not been used stupidly on offense for one play, maybe he has a similar season to 2022.

Hard to fault him for the team mismanaging the roster, IMO.
#forthew
лава Україні!
井の中の蛙大海を知らず

Stretch

Quote from: theaardvark on May 28, 2024, 05:51:23 PMNot sour grapes, but....

2019: 11 games played. Looks like we didn't sign him until late July, so that explains a few games missed.
2021: 6 games played (14 game regular season). Started the season injured, made it back at end of September.
2022: 16 games played. Missed a couple of games due to injury.
2023: 8 games played.
Money is no object...especially when you have none.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Jesse on May 28, 2024, 05:08:00 PMThat's a bit of a blow. He should have been a Bomber for life. It's too bad he never became a bigger part of the offence.

That's becoming more of a thing from the past, even Brandon Banks had difficulty filling both roles, it's one or the other.