2024 Free Agency Signings/Transactions (Other CFL Teams)

Started by ModAdmin, February 10, 2024, 04:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
What a wretched timeline.

Pigskin

I think he's going to be a good one. I hope he gets a chance to start.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: Pigskin on February 14, 2024, 05:59:58 PMI think is going to be a good one. I hope he gets a chance to start.

Ti-Cats are a good landing spot for BOLO but they also recently signed Luther Hakunavanhu from the Stamps.

Jesse

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on February 14, 2024, 05:54:31 PMWe ain't doing much! :-\

18 of 24 starters are back, adding Chris Streveler and Tyrell Ford from NFL stints.
My wife is amazing!

Pigskin

Clements signed by Toronto.  AS a Bomber 24 Games, 54 DTs, 10 STs, 4 Sacks, 1 FF.

Pigskin

Well, that's Clements, Hansen, and Exume all to the Argo's. 

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

J5V

Go Bombers!

Throw Long Bannatyne

Quote from: J5V on February 14, 2024, 11:22:34 PMWow! Surprised at this one. What's Calgary doing over there?

They still have Mills and Logan, tried to sign Morrow from Sask. but apparently he failed their physical.

TecnoGenius

Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on February 14, 2024, 08:20:49 PMClements signed by Toronto.  AS a Bomber 24 Games, 54 DTs, 10 STs, 4 Sacks, 1 FF.

Clements was pretty good.  But he's sort of a limbo-land player: not good enough to bench existing starters, not bad enough to cut.  I think TOR will use him as we did: injury depth / spelling.  However, they probably had a bit more $$ to throw his way.

I thought / was hoping Clements would be the eventual heir.  Oh well, guess we'll see what we have in the next guy.

It looks like in the world of CFL GMs you don't (can't!) think too far ahead.  Just put out the fires you have now.  Maybe the good ones try to think longer term about OL and QB, 2 areas you can't rapidly improve even if you have the $$.
Never go full Rider!

TecnoGenius

Prukop to BC is also a perfect move.  BC desperately needed to improve their SY game and Prukop is the best.  We will field Strev as #2 & #3 & SY all-in-1, so we didn't need him.

I don't see anyone taking Dom Davis as he can't do #2, #3 or SY well.  However, a desperate team with tons'o'injuries mid-season may bite if he stays in shape.  This is likely the moment that Dom Davis finally retires.  He had a pretty long run, and plenty of shots.
Never go full Rider!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!